What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep seeing this video on facebook, of a guy sharing from his hot wheels collection with people who own the same models of cars. It brings me odd joy.

That sounds right up my alley. I'd love to see that sometime!

I've actually been keeping up on what's new in the diecast car world lately. It makes me think I should never have stopped collecting them and other things, it was something that made me happy when I was a kid and may have made work feel like less of a slog if I had some interest to keep going for. But back then I thought I was "too old" and not supposed to do that stuff anymore. I wish I'd never thought that way.

Also there are some I wish I'd gotten in the stores for a few bucks at most...online, some of the prices are insane, even for the regular production ones that I didn't think were that rare. A lot of people like that particular car, I guess.

(I wish the 4th gen Mustang, especially the SVT Cobra, got a little more love in 1:64 scale though - they have most or maybe all the Shelbys, but very few SVTs. I know they can make a detailed enough casting and that car definitely has its fans, people would for sure buy it. And they should do the 4th gen Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am too while they're at it...
I have a whole list they should make but haven't yet, lol)

Last edited:
That sounds right up my alley. I'd love to see that sometime!

I've actually been keeping up on what's new in the diecast car world lately. It makes me think I should never have stopped collecting them and other things, it was something that made me happy when I was a kid and may have made work feel like less of a slog if I had some interest to keep going for. But back then I thought I was "too old" and not supposed to do that stuff anymore. I wish I'd never thought that way.

Also there are some I wish I'd gotten in the stores for a few bucks at most...online, some of the prices are insane, even for the regular production ones that I didn't think were that rare. A lot of people like that particular car, I guess.

(I wish the 4th gen Mustang, especially the SVT Cobra, got a little more love in 1:64 scale though - they have most or maybe all the Shelbys, but very few SVTs. I know they can make a detailed enough casting and that car definitely has its fans, people would for sure buy it. And they should do the 4th gen Camaro and Firebird/Trans Am too while they're at it...I have a whole list they should make but haven't yet, lol)
Plenty of guys still collect toys and models.I heard a guy in his sixties stating he had thousands of cars at my car boot,they all get bought up by the mature guys at the stalls ,the same with airfix,train sets allsorts of different toys.My brother has a giant train set and has a great Stacey Jones hat.It was the first thing he cleared from the house when he left his wife.

I use to talk allsorts of honeysuckle on here and too much of it.Good job am fully medicated now and a lot calmer.

Used the wayback extension to take a look at an old music discussion site I used to post on 17 years ago. Recognized poorly articulated posts of mine complaining about aging and life being over at age 23/24... what an arse.

I'm wondering if I should eat anymore, and if I didn't eat too much yoghurt.

I bought a big thing of yoghurt 2KG pack of it, where I can just drink it, but it's rich in iron, vitamin D, and other stuff. I worry about consuming too mouch over my daily limit and 'overdosing'. Especially iron.

I bought a big thing of yoghurt 2KG pack of it, where I can just drink it, but it's rich in iron, vitamin D, and other stuff. I worry about consuming too mouch over my daily limit and 'overdosing'. Especially iron.
You'd have to take iron tablets for an extended period to overdose on iron, or take a lot of them at once?

Last edited:

I looked it up. The average person can take up to 45mg of iron daily (this is for America, mind you. It might be different in other countries) without any adverse effects.) If you're anemic or iron deficient, you can take more than that. You can also take a good bit of D and be okay, so you're probably fine.
In today's world, if there was a risk of anything bad happening, I'm sure there would be a warning label on the package warning people not to do it.

I just changed from my usual nicotine gums to regular orbit gums .
Maybe i can quit the nicotine gums this way

here's a real depressing though coming from me; I was actually looking at my bed earlier and imagining a nude woman around my age lying there with her eyes bright and her smile brighter. What struck me was the smile more than anything else, and the context.
I haven't thought about that in a long time. And this morning, it's hard to put the image out of my head. Holding her hand this morning would've helped me feel better than I have in years...

here's a real depressing though coming from me; I was actually looking at my bed earlier and imagining a nude woman around my age lying there with her eyes bright and her smile brighter. What struck me was the smile more than anything else, and the context.
I haven't thought about that in a long time. And this morning, it's hard to put the image out of my head. Holding her hand this morning would've helped me feel better than I have in years...

At first glance, I thought you said:
"...I was actually looking at my bed earlier and imagining a rude woman around my age lying there..."

and I thought, "why would you want that? That sounds terrible!" But yeah. On second read, I see what you mean, and I feel that too.

Hopefully we get out of this some way.

I wish I didn't have to force myself to do things that I don't even have an aptitude for, just because that's what pays.
It's not even like or dislike that is causing the problem here, I'm putting actually liking things on the backburner for now. I'm not expecting to like things - I would settle for just getting a feel for something and being able to do it reasonably well. It's more like being unsure if I can even do this or if it's beyond my mental capabilities. Basically I'm afraid I'm not intelligent enough for skills that actually make money and lead to at-least-not-frustrating qualities of life - especially in this increasingly technical, computer-y world.

But I don't know what I have an aptitude for, and I don't really have much choice, not if I want to escape dysfunction, powerlessness, frustration, humiliation, misery, and despair - which I do, because I feel like escaping those things is the bare minimum for "just OK". I'm not even talking about cultivating any positives, just about getting rid of all these negatives.

And if I need to like myself before someone else can like me, then at least making it to "just OK" is essential.

I just hope that it's within the range of my capabilities at all, and that I'm not barking up the wrong tree/biting off more than I can chew, or trying to fit myself to somewhere that I don't belong.

Sorry if this is negative or repetitive. It's just what I'm thinking right now.

Last edited:
I wish I could be amongst people with the same views about.........stuff and was able to share my thoughts and feelings instead of pretending I'm like all the others I find around me

Latest posts

Back