What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About my mum and coming hell. I'm planning to visit her next week, after two years. Normally I barely can stay with her for up to 2-3 days, and the planned seven feel like eternity. I'm already freaking out. She asks a lot of questions but never waits for answers. For her I'm always an underfed, underdressed and undercared kid. There will be a lot of tears and emotional blackmail, speeches about her poor health and dying, how lonely she is and helpless, how bad and heartless my sister and her husband are, and finally how ungrateful I am, while saying I'm her best friend. I know the scenario by heart. I can only sit, listen to familiar words flowing through the air and watch her face in front of my eyes, a bit like watching a 24/7 TV show while strapped to a chair and force-fed. She still is my mum though.

Last edited:
About my mum and coming hell. I'm planning to visit her next week, after two years. Normally I barely can stay with her for up to 2-3 days, and the planned seven feels like eternity. I'm already freaking out. She asks a lot of questions but never waits for answers. For her I'm always an underfed, underdressed and undercared kid. There will be a lot of tears and emotional blackmail, speeches about her poor health and dying, how lonely she is and helpless, how bad and heartless my sister and her husband are, and finally how ungrateful I am, while saying I'm her best friend. I know the scenario by heart. I can only sit and watch familiar words flowing through the air and pictures changing in front of my eyes, a bit like watching a 24/7 TV show while strapped to a chair and force-fed. She still is my mum though.
I really empathise and can imagine how hard not just the visit but the anxiety leading up to it could be. Sometimes I just try and think about how relieved I'll be when something's over. At least you'll have us for sanity 😬

I think I may need to get my kid that 4 wheeler with a snow plow on it. I'm currently trying to find someone to come plow it. No way in hell will I be able to shovel all that.
if I were local, I might look out of my window, maybe send the dog out. Your driveway is still too peopley for me. 😆

My grandfather once told me "sonny, if you use a flamethrower to solve a problem, then you have two problems."

It has the smell of wisdom, at least, as did he...

I can't get this from Brave New World out of the head. Had to look it up to get it right. Just the condensed version.
Probably the wrong place to put it, but to hell with it

“But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.”
Aldous Huxley

Latest posts

Back