What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been thinking about packing everything into a trailer, selling off most of my stuff, and heading out, maybe in a year. But, the more I look into a trailer the more I don't want one. That would mean packing everything into my vehicle and getting rid of even more stuff. It makes me sad to think of getting rid of so much stuff that I've collected over the years including many specialty tools. Also without a trailer I won't be able to do a real solar power setup.

I'm old enough that I saw this video thumbnail that said "Black Flag, Nine Years Later" and so I thought it was about the band with Henry Rollins, but then I read the title and it's about Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

If historians of the future go by American hip hop videos, they'll conclude in the 21st century black men all wore white silk suits and everyday they tried to get their girlfriend back by buying her a BMW made of diamonds, The woman responded by getting all her friends to wiggle their arse by a swimming pool and that was what life was like to be black in America.

If historians of the future go by American hip hop videos, they'll conclude in the 21st century black men all wore white silk suits and everyday they tried to get their girlfriend back by buying her a BMW made of diamonds, The woman responded by getting all her friends to wiggle their arse by a swimming pool and that was what life was like to be black in America.
And what about country videos? Lol

And what about country videos? Lol
Country has dozens of tropes; Religion, booze, patriotism, the South, redneck or blue collar lifestyle, relationship struggles and nostalgia to name a few.

But my favourite is everyman relatability, Country stars spend a lot of time writing songs that make you think they haven't forgotten their humble, country road roots.

Of the top of my head, take Billy Currington's " That's How Country Boys Roll. " You could stop by Billy Currington's place any time for a beer, he's just like you! Except not, because even though he's singing about living hard and tough and then having "a cold one" after a long day's work, the video shows him snorkelling with dolphins. You know, just like all country boys! But setting aside Currington and his band of country snorkelers, country music is still incredibly relatable to the average Joe. Who hasn't wanted to say to a boss, " Take this job and shove it! "?.

Country has dozens of tropes; Religion, booze, patriotism, the South, redneck or blue collar lifestyle, relationship struggles and nostalgia to name a few.

But my favourite is everyman relatability, Country stars spend a lot of time writing songs that make you think they haven't forgotten their humble, country road roots.

Of the top of my head, take Billy Currington's " That's How Country Boys Roll. " You could stop by Billy Currington's place any time for a beer, he's just like you! Except not, because even though he's singing about living hard and tough and then having "a cold one" after a long day's work, the video shows him snorkelling with dolphins. You know, just like all country boys! But setting aside Currington and his band of country snorkelers, country music is still incredibly relatable to the average Joe. Who hasn't wanted to say to a boss, " Take this job and shove it! "?.

Nothing about losing a pickup and the dog to a chick? I'm disappointed.

I saw something the other day that's extremely accurate.

Men's country music is all about drinking beer and driving around in the pickup trucks, while Women's country is all about killing their men.....Coincidence? :p

😂

I like alison krauss

:unsure:

I was thinking about this quote

The term psychedelic, from the Greek for “mind-manifesting”, was coined by Humphry Osmond, a British psychiatrist working in Canada in the 1950s. “To fathom hell or soar angelic / Just take a pinch of psychedelic,” he wrote in a letter to the writer Aldous Huxley

Feeling more like the cycle of life

😔

Lol. See this is what I'm talking about when I say that MAGA and mainstream hip hop, are more alike than different, and more alike than either wants to admit.

Both want to regress to this kind of survival of the fittest mentality, where life is all about competing for money, sex, and power - they want to get the money, so they can get the power, so they can get the you-know-what. Neither one cares for higher things, to them, life is all about brutish competition, there's nothing more to life than that. Civilization? Being nice? Nah, that honeysuckle is for nerds. They don't want it!

Last edited:
We had 41, hottest day since records began, in London today it's still around 36 now at 8.10pm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back