What are you watching

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished watching the new season of 'You' on Netflix. Have to say I didn't like the season, although the first part started out interesting. Just the way it unfolded how I predicted it.. kind of felt like lazy writing. :censored: I think the writers were just trying to be too smart and clever about it.

I do live for these memes about the show tho

1679232280503.png

I'm still on Walking Dead. By this point though, I'm rather bored by it and feel like they peaked at s.7 or so. Kind of like Supernatural, I'm just watching it to see how it ends, but I'm probably going to be disappointed by it.

I quit watching when Glen was killed.
I got from online reviews that's where most people quit. It was intense, bit needless and prolonged. I kind of laughed through the scene.
I thought as it progressed it was needlessly depressive. Like, how much bad luck can you have? At some point it becomes kind of masochistic. Also, the going back and forth in time threw me off. I though it was stretching the sauce too much.

I got from online reviews that's where most people quit. It was intense, bit needless and prolonged. I kind of laughed through the scene.
I thought as it progressed it was needlessly depressive. Like, how much bad luck can you have? At some point it becomes kind of masochistic. Also, the going back and forth in time threw me off. I though it was stretching the sauce too much.
I just couldn’t tolerate any of the characters except Glen. He was why I watched after the first season. They should’ve gotten rid of Carl.

I just couldn’t tolerate any of the characters except Glen. He was why I watched after the first season. They should’ve gotten rid of Carl.
I won't spoil it for you in case you change your mind about continuing it later, but a lot of people die lol.
I gathered around that time that this is the kind of show where you can't build up any kind of emotional attachment with characters much, because, when it was ongoing, the writers would learn of it and kill them off for a cheap pop. Which I think, is what kind of played against the show. When you stop caring about characters because you know they'll die, you stop caring about the show.
In wrestling vernacular, Glenn's death gave the show Undertaker's Streak heat lol. It's the thing no one asked to see and no one wanted to, it kind of cut their legs from under them.

Latest posts

Back