What Are Your Favorite Childhood Memories?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NKOTB....I ******* hated them. My middle sister, three years older, got tickets for her and 3 friends for her 14th birthday. One of the girls, actually the only one I could tolerate, got mono...so she couldn't go. I begged relentlessly for that ticket. Why if you hated them did you want the ticket? Reasonable question, right. So I did as any 11 year old with a grudge to settle would do. I lied. I went on and on about how much I loved them and Joey was my favorite because he was the youngest and the cutest. Of course I knew the words and stupid dance moves because my sister was ******* obsessed. Anyway, I got the ticket. I think it was mainly because my sister couldn't decide which of the sheep she should choose from.
They spent hours getting dressed. Teased hair, shitty make-up, jeans with holes, denim jackets, bandanas, combat boots, lots of bracelets big earrings and the one girl wore a hat with those big ass teased up bangs. My mother called for everyone to get to the kitchen. I waited for them before I go. I can still see their faces when I cut that corner around the refrigerator....shock, disbelief, anger etc etc. My sister screamed and grabbed the sides of her head. The other girls were smacking that chewing gum and snarling those glossed up lips as if they were ready to chew me up. I had this hideous looking green with pink floral print romper complete with bubble sleeves and legs, big collar with bow on the back, my ankle strappy shoes, white socks folded down with the lace trim, and a white little cardigan sweater with pearl buttons. I never wore that romper before this night or after this night again. My hair was in pig tails with a headband bow to one side. I looked amazing. My sister and her friends said they weren't going with me looking like that. Tried to get me to at least put on a denim jacket. Nope, I refused to give into them. I was going to ruin their night because of the teasing and picking and shunning they did to me every weekend. I had to teetee lots during that 2 hour drive. I "accidentally" lost my glasses somewhere in the car. I tried to hold my sisters hand when we walked in the venue. I pretended to be scared which stalled us a bit. My mother finally had enough and put a stop to it. It didn't matter though because I had already killed the journey for them. It was a great memory.

NKOTB....I ******* hated them. My middle sister, three years older, got tickets for her and 3 friends for her 14th birthday. One of the girls, actually the only one I could tolerate, got mono...so she couldn't go. I begged relentlessly for that ticket. Why if you hated them did you want the ticket? Reasonable question, right. So I did as any 11 year old with a grudge to settle would do. I lied. I went on and on about how much I loved them and Joey was my favorite because he was the youngest and the cutest. Of course I knew the words and stupid dance moves because my sister was ******* obsessed. Anyway, I got the ticket. I think it was mainly because my sister couldn't decide which of the sheep she should choose from.
They spent hours getting dressed. Teased hair, shitty make-up, jeans with holes, denim jackets, bandanas, combat boots, lots of bracelets big earrings and the one girl wore a hat with those big ass teased up bangs. My mother called for everyone to get to the kitchen. I waited for them before I go. I can still see their faces when I cut that corner around the refrigerator....shock, disbelief, anger etc etc. My sister screamed and grabbed the sides of her head. The other girls were smacking that chewing gum and snarling those glossed up lips as if they were ready to chew me up. I had this hideous looking green with pink floral print romper complete with bubble sleeves and legs, big collar with bow on the back, my ankle strappy shoes, white socks folded down with the lace trim, and a white little cardigan sweater with pearl buttons. I never wore that romper before this night or after this night again. My hair was in pig tails with a headband bow to one side. I looked amazing. My sister and her friends said they weren't going with me looking like that. Tried to get me to at least put on a denim jacket. Nope, I refused to give into them. I was going to ruin their night because of the teasing and picking and shunning they did to me every weekend. I had to teetee lots during that 2 hour drive. I "accidentally" lost my glasses somewhere in the car. I tried to hold my sisters hand when we walked in the venue. I pretended to be scared which stalled us a bit. My mother finally had enough and put a stop to it. It didn't matter though because I had already killed the journey for them. It was a great memory.
That's awesome. I hated NKOTB as well. If I had sisters, I would've done the same thing. Good on ya! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I just went through my best girlfriends to decide which was my favorite memory. Nicki, Toni, Luke... they could all be boy's names. Does that mean I have a type?

In the end I couldn't pick. They were all awesome. So I guess my memory is girls when I was 12. :)

My favourite memory would have to be my grandmother. She was such and extraordinary lady. She was the most kindest, intelligent and compassionate woman you could ever meet.

When I was young, I would spend all of my free time around my grandmothers as I didn't have any friends and could not afford to go places. She would tell the most incredible stories and if you were lucky she would get out her old black and white photos for context/reference.

My grandmother was completely blind most of her life but that did not limit here in any way. She would do all sorts of incredible activities like rally driving, swimming and parachute jumping. She would keep audio books (tape cassettes) all over her house (she would call them talking books) and we would spend so much time just listening to them. My grandmother is defiantly responsible for my love of books and stories.

Also we would spend whole summers just sitting in her back garden with me and my sister describing to her what all the birds and flowers looked like and spotting squirrels and various other wildlife, which was awesome because we never had a garden at home.

Unfortunately she developed dementia as she got older and me and my sister took care of her as much as we could. During the last years of her life, I remember sitting on the arm of her chair telling her stories and trying my best to make her laugh. She never knew who I was but I didn't really care as we still had our special connection.

I miss her all the time. Her name was Kathleen.

Music... 🎵

Music is one of my favorite childhood memories.. It was always an integral part of it.

Ever listen to one specific genre/decade of music that instantly puts you into a better mood? Even songs that maybe during that time frame weren´t your *favorites* - but now upon hearing them again many moons later, gives you a sense of contentment. Or songs you had possibly forgotten about..

I can turn on a certain genre - a certain time period and that instantly takes me back to my childhood and I make a certain correlation between that music and the better memories and experiences during that timespan.

I know music plays on the heartstrings of people - both figuratively and in actuality - but, I´m such an eternal music lover.
Dark times are around us - but putting on music that will perpetually put a smile on my face, and at least try to ignite a flow of positive memories helps.

The song really does remain the same...

Going down the super steep hill over and over again. Id have to walk my bike up the hill to a more level starting point. Once there I would start far enough back to already have good speed when I started my decent. It took a couple times but I just knew when the peddles were about to outpace me. My feet would go to the middle bar and I would lift my arms out to the side. In my 10 year old mind I was going 100 mph. A few minutes later I'd be down at the bottom of the hill turning around to do it again. Couple years later I tried it on my skateboard without success. Next, figured I try it sitting down thinking being closer to the ground I wouldn't get hurt as badly as I did standing up. I was wrong. The boys were doing it, I could too dammit. I finally conquered that hill with my skateboard. I tried it with a wagon, sitting in it with the handle turned back to steer the wagon. It was ok but nothing like the bicycle and standing on the board. it was exciting and scary but so liberating I guess. And we werent supposed to be doing it. Good times, sincerely.

Going to the wood working and plastic workshops during summer break in middle school. They also had a game room with table tennis and foosball. I went almost everyday and made all kinds of stuff.

It was fun to grab clear plastic cubes and drill into them to create different shapes like flowers, bugs, cars, all kinds of different things and then paint them. I made hundreds and handed them out to people during the next school year.

iu

Going to the wood working and plastic workshops during summer break in middle school. They also had a game room with table tennis and foosball. I went almost everyday and made all kinds of stuff.

It was fun to grab clear plastic cubes and drill into them to create different shapes like flowers, bugs, cars, all kinds of different things and then paint them. I made hundreds and handed them out to people during the next school year.

iu
This is beautiful Finished love it 😍

Latest posts

Back