What Are Your Favorite Childhood Memories?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rohini

Reaction score
I'm piggybacking off of Ardour's worst childhood/school memories.. if you're going to talk of the bad, you also have to mention the good, too. (y)

So what are some of your best/most cherished childhood memories?

Mine usually tend to be the simple things. Mostly now consisting of my relatives who are no longer here.
My grandmother was a big part of my early life... she loved birds, my grandparents had a big backyard, where she set up lots of bird feeders - we would go sit out there everyday and feed the birds bread and watch the bunny rabbits come out to play.
Spending time in nature together, we did this a lot.

I have others, but the simplest ones come to my mind first.

Last edited:
Christmas parties. 80+ family members up top, half drunk, partying till 6am while us kids were downstairs playing with our toys. First time I made out was down there with a neighbhor one Christmas lol

Definitely my grandmother, Mu, she was 2 inches shy of 5 ft but she was not one to be messed with. I spent so much time with her because my sisters were older and didnt want to babysit me...single mom, dad died when I was 5. She was a pistol. She had a full vegetable garden and flower beds everywhere on her property. That's a lot of early morning maintenance. I'd tag along and do whatever she said. She always cooked breakfast and lunch and supper was usually leftovers or popcorn or pb&j. She always had some kind of dessert and she would let me clean the bowl and lick the spoon. I always slept with her even when I was older like up to 23 if I went to spend the night. She'd ask me if I wanted a bed turned down and I always said no. I'd take her shopping and she loved her classy expensive clothes and tiny little heels. Saturday she would be covered in dirt with her little sun hat on and Sunday morning dressed to the nines. Anyway, she was the best part of my childhood. She was soft, caring, loving, affectionate, supportive but I learned after 1 time not to cross her.

Hitchhiking through PA and NY. Getting a ride from a couple in a van.

I used to post my destinations on an old suitcase. No one heading west picks you up if you are going to Buffalo. So you post the next nearest town on the straight-ahead. I was bent on the side of the road changing my sign when they pulled over unsolicited. Easiest ride I ever got.

We passed a doobie and sang Cecelia, Baby Driver, and others of Paul Simons latest releases. Alas, I was going north, they were going west. The ride was far too short. But I had a good buzz for walking the next many miles.

The last half of the 60s spilled into the first half of the 70s. It seemed a great time to be alive.

Did you have Koala stuffties? :koala:
We never called them stuffies. That's cute. I had a bed full. My little brother had a pink blanket and a pink kitty that he snuggled together, all the time.

I don't remember a favorite of my own. I just remember feeling safe in my bed with all my stuffies, piled like a fort, there to protect me. Looking back I wonder how there was room for me.

Sleeping through the night and waking up fully refreshed.

Take yourself back to those fabled times, when you went to bed, fell asleep immediately and woke up the next morning feeling enthused for the day ahead. No peeing 75 times in the night. No staring at the ceiling for 6 hours, wide awake and insane. No getting up 40 minutes after you’d gone to bed so you could tidy a cupboard for no reason.

We use to have these firework wars. We’d have 2 teams and it was usually about 30 of us boys and girls. We took it pretty serious, geared up with Roman candles, bottle rockets, and smoke bombs for distraction. The goal was to get to the opponents base that was in the opposite side of town with the stockpile of fireworks, the big ones. We’d start right before the sun went down on Halloween. It was so much fun. Small town entertainment I guess.

i still can't remember how i passed all my elementary school classes in the philippines. i just didnt give a f. i wasnt even worried about time.

Latest posts

Back