What are your Topmost Favorite "Twilight Zone" and "Star Trek" Episodes?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unsigned

Reaction score
It's that time of year.
Time for the New Year's rerun marathons of great TV shows from the past.
They really don't make 'em like this anymore.

Here are my favorites:

Twilight Zone - The Lonely

Jack Warden plays a convict who falls in love with a female robot/android.

https://twilightzone.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lonely

Star Trek - City on the Edge of Forever

Kirk & Spock go back in time to save McCoy (and the entire Federation) -- and meet a young Joan Collins.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_City_on_the_Edge_of_Forever_(episode)

A list as long as your arm for favourite Twilight Zone episode. I'll go with 'Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?' for the line “you can’t hold somebody on suspicion of being a monster'”! and not one but two climactic twists!

Star Trek has to be 'Space Seed' or 'Mirror Mirror' ..... I've got a soft spot for 'Enemy Within' for it's Unbridled, sweaty, mascara laden, over-acting Shatner moment.

My favorite TZ episode of Burgess Megadeth's was definitely the Obsolete Man.. not one they show very often either..

I remember that episode! 😲
I love that one I just never caught the entirety of it.
I caught it in different pieces over time.
Thanks! Now I'm gonna go watch it. 😁👍

This might result in me binging the show. 😂

It's that time of year.
Time for the New Year's rerun marathons of great TV shows from the past.
They really don't make 'em like this anymore.

Here are my favorites:

Twilight Zone - The Lonely

Jack Warden plays a convict who falls in love with a female robot/android.

https://twilightzone.fandom.com/wiki/The_Lonely

Star Trek - City on the Edge of Forever

Kirk & Spock go back in time to save McCoy (and the entire Federation) -- and meet a young Joan Collins.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_City_on_the_Edge_of_Forever_(episode)
Spock's Brain 😉
Actually, one of my favorites was always, I forget the name of the episode, but the one with the submarine warfare fight with the cloaked Romulan ship.
Anf of course, Amok Time, for the delve into Vulcan culture.

Star Trek Voyager... I thiiiink, it had the Krenim Imperium with temporal/time travel stuff going on.

I dunno why I absolutely loved those episodes. I think there were two in total, maybe 3. Season 4? Yeah.

Really, really loved that.

Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
-This is a pretty popular episode. It is significant to me, because, I think the story, very well describes a very specific phenomena: to experience something that nobody believes happened. And the agony that can sometimes be involved with having an experience like that.

Nothing in the Dark
-I really enjoyed this episode because, I think it explains death, in a way that, soothes my apprehension about it. It's a fantastical story of fiction, that speaks to a very true reality, that is often overlooked, mystified, or misunderstood.

Star Trek - The Next Generation: The Drumhead
-If I was a history or sociology teacher, I think this entire episode could sum up almost all that is important, to the western representative democracy. This episode speaks to such a profound Truth, on so many different levels. This one is downright spiritual for me.

Star Trek - Deep Space Nine: Emissary
-There is a line in this episode, that, I think, Rivals some of the greatest film of all time; and not only is it a great line, but, it's a very profound Truth; and oddly and sadly enough, so many people seem unaware of it..

Every single Star Trek series from the original all the way up until "Star Trek: Enterprise" was worthwile watch for me.

I've enjoyed Star Trek: Picard, to some degree; but, it's not the same. Neither is Discovery...

The new ones lack contemporary social commentary, like their predecessors. But, if the newer ones can get the younger generations interested in watching the real deal, then, so be it.

I never liked Star Trek, when I was younger. I thought the phasers and spandex looked real goofy, and I never gave it much time and consideration beyond that. I had to wait till the early years of my middle-ages to finally appreciate these royal gems.

Shows like the Twilight Zone and Star Trek, are beyond entertainment, to me. They are entertaining yes; but, they are also spiritual and erudite, in the lessons of life, they often convey.

I don't consider myself a, 'Trekie,' though, heh. I just love the shows.

Last edited:
Twilight Zone: Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
-This is a pretty popular episode. It is significant to me, because, I think the story, very well describes a very specific phenomena: to experience something that nobody believes happened. And the agony that can sometimes be involved with having an experience like that.

Nothing in the Dark
-I really enjoyed this episode because, I think it explains death, in a way that, soothes my apprehension about it. It's a fantastical story of fiction, that speaks to a very true reality, that is often overlooked, mystified, or misunderstood.

Star Trek - The Next Generation: The Drumhead
-If I was a history or sociology teacher, I think this entire episode could sum up almost all that is important, to the western representative democracy. This episode speaks to such a profound Truth, on so many different levels. This one is downright spiritual for me.

Star Trek - Deep Space Nine: Emissary
-There is a line in this episode, that, I think, Rivals some of the greatest film of all time; and not only is it a great line, but, it's a very profound Truth; and oddly and sadly enough, so many people seem unaware of it..

Every single Star Trek series from the original all the way up until "Star Trek: Enterprise" was worthwile watch for me.

I've enjoyed Star Trek: Picard, to some degree; but, it's not the same. Neither is Discovery...

The new ones lack contemporary social commentary, like their predecessors. But, if the newer ones can get the younger generations interested in watching the real deal, then, so be it.

I never liked Star Trek, when I was younger. I thought the phasers and spandex looked real goofy, and I never gave it much time and consideration beyond that. I had to wait till the early years of my middle-ages to finally appreciate these royal gems.

Shows like the Twilight Zone and Star Trek, are beyond entertainment, to me. They are entertaining yes; but, they are also spiritual and erudite, in the lessons of life, they often convey.

I don't consider myself a, 'Trekie,' though, heh. I just love the shows.
Funny. I think a lot on the same lines. Except I kind of included Ds9 and Voyager in there, they kind of deviated from the morals I appreciated in TOS and TNG to go way more into drama, or conflict in the case of DS9. I was in college at the time and stopped watching because I felt it focused too much on war. I don't like war. War's an ugly thing to live through.

I oft tried explaining over the years to people that I'm not really a sci-fi fan per say, as well as Star Trek, mostly TOS and TNG, isn't really science fiction. Most sci fi is bleak, dystopian. Like Dune, Blade Runner, Battlefield Earth. Star Trek is uplifting, light. Everything is going to be akright and all of we, all the people, will get better.
It's a show created by a secular Humanist to talk about contemporary issues and morality that, if he'd not hidden it in Sci fi, would have never been allowed to talk about. Gene didn't much like Sci fi or knew much about it either; what he did like, was people. All sorts of people. That's what the shows used to ve about. The recent ones just, to me, look like glossy actions mini flicks. I'm uninterested in watching those.
But once in a while, I'll put TNG on Netflix or pop in a dvd from my TOS boxset and watch a few random episodes and reflect on those years when a man wanted to talk about the human condition and no one would let him. It was an inspired idea.

Edit: oh, as one of my favorite episodes as well, I'd have to add Let that be your last Battlefield. One of the most in your face, simple, practically stupidly so, commentaries on racism I have ever seen. I call it Racism 101 lol. Plus, Frank Gorshin. He's at the top of his game in there. It was never asked, but I'm willing to bet 10 bucks it's where Piper got the idea for his promo on Junkyard Dog for their match in New Orleans. Dog was adored by the black community in NO and Piper wanted to sell the match so much, being a heel, he wanted everyone to HATE him lol. Incredibly ballsy.

Last edited:
For The Twilight Zone, at this time I will go with "To Serve Man"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man_(The_Twilight_Zone)

I have never seen Star Trek, so I couldn't say there.
Yeh, that was quite a twisting tale.

I don’t mind Star Trek too. But it’s been such a long time since I watched an episode I can’t really recall any that stands out. What was those furry balls called? I can remember bits of that one.

Latest posts

Back