What book are you currently reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

lalwean

Reaction score
I didn’t see a post anywhere on the first page for this or when I searched, so I figured I would start a thread of my own!

What book are you currently reading? Or what was the most recent book that you have read? I myself have just started reading a book called Drylor The First Artifact. It is an Action/Fantasy book created by Ryan Tomasella. So far it is actually damn good, it is a story about a man that suffers amnesia and struggles to regain his memory. As his memory starts to come back to him he realizes that his brother is an evil S.o.b and he makes it his mission to stop him.

It seems like a fairly generic story line but the author makes it his own. There are tons of twists and turns in the story (mainly when the main character thinks he remembers something from his past he realizes that it was only an illusion that his brother wanted him to think was true.) I must say I am really impressed with this book, then again I read almost anything that involved sword and sorcery. Below is what the back of the book reads:

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through
an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has
happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail
cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and
halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.
It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he
meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail
cell while deciding his destiny.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only
one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—
from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the
truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing
to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet
from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Von’s past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon
realizes the only way he can end his brother’s heartless
massacres is to find him and kill him.

gernblanston

Reaction score
I'm reading a few books. For reason unknown, I have no fidelity to books when reading them. There must be something wrong with my soul, because I have no problem starting a book, enjoying it, and then starting another. :) Maybe it has something to do with my current mood at the time I want to read.

-Imperfect Birds by Anne Lamott
-The Extra Man by Jonathan Ames
-An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin
-I Was Told There'd Be Cake by Sloane Crosley
-New York Stories by Everyman's Pocket Classics

All good reads, all wonderful in their own ways.

E

evanescencefan91

nice
sounds cool lawrean if you haven't already you should check out the movie memento

it'll mess with your head, it's about amnesia, only it's anerograde amnesia i believe so he remembers everything up to a certian point, but can't remember anything else becuase he can't form new memories
I've started reading the year of living biblically by aj jacobs it's about a guy ( the author ) who reads the bible and tries to live a year while following the bible as literally as possible

it's quite amusing so far

it's by the same guy who wrote the know it about, about his quest to read the entire enclyopedia, which means that you will be reading about someone reading

lols no it's actually much better than that it's quite entertaining

Brian

Reaction score
I'm reading two:

'The Wise Mans Fear' is the second book in the Kingkiller Chronicle, a trilogy by first-time author Patrick Rothfuss. It's superb, as far as fantasy goes. I am quite pleased with the recent entries in to the fantasy genre over the past 5-10 years.

That aside, I'm slowly and thoughtfully working my way through the Poetic Edda, the annotated Lee M. Hollander translation. I appreciate the translation as well as the annotations and the alternate translations offered, but I disagree with a few of his interpretations that he suggests. Others are helpful to the context of the writings, in terms of presumed time of origin, etc.

WishingWell

Reaction score
I am reading "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" Steven Tyler of Aerosmith and American Idol's new book. He is bearing his soul in it.

L

lonelyfairy

I'm reading L'éducation d'une fée (original name, I can't read french, lol.... :>)

It's interesting, still.. :D

Latest posts