What Book(s) are you Reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spare

Reaction score
Right now I'm reading:

The Source by James A. Michener (historical fiction)
This is very interesting. It's about the roots and history of the Jewish faith and peoples. "Centennial" is another good one of Michener's.

Brave Companions by David McCullough (historical nonfiction)
So far so good. It is a collection of essays written about little-known historical figures. He has a very pleasing writing style that really draws you in.

The Saxon Shore by Jack Whyte (historical fiction/fantasy)
This is the fourth book in a series called The "Camulod Chronicles" here in the states; It's called "A Dream of Eagles" in the rest of the world (a better name if you ask me). This is an account of the roots of the Arthurian Legend, beginning with the withdrawl of the Roman Empire from Britain, a time period that I find facsinating. It's not what I thought it would be, but it's still pretty entertaining.

Shadow of a Dark Queen by Raymond E. Feist, volume one of the Serpent War Saga. The story is set after the Riftwar Saga series and it's quite nice because it still mentions the goings on of characters in that series. He's a genius writer. :)

demon in the freezer

by the same guy who wrote the hotzone
i also just finished strange angels about zombies and werewolfs and ll that educational stuff

and before that i finished the 5 house of night books currently out

I'm currently reading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

I'm currently reading "A Game of Thrones" (the first part of 'A Song Of Ice And Fire') by George R.R. Martin. It's extremely good! Why didn't I start reading this series before?! :)

stephen kings "just after sunset" its a book of short stories by stephen king and......its alright, im just into the third short story and if this one isnt good i think im going to put it down and forget about it.......

I've been reading "H.P. Lovecraft's Letters, Volume 2".

It's estimated that Lovecraft wrote over 100,000 letters during his lifetime; many of which were to people like Clark Ashton Smith, Robert E. Howard, Robert Bloch and a bunch of other people published in "Weird Tales" magazine.

Right now just The Stuff of Thought by Steven Pinker. Its really interesting. The online meaning of the word spam came from Monty Python. I never knew that :O

loketron said:
stephen kings "just after sunset" its a book of short stories by stephen king and......its alright, im just into the third short story and if this one isnt good i think im going to put it down and forget about it.......

What short stories are in that one? I feel like I've read that but I can't remember...

I am currently reading Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner and Columbine by Dave Cullen. They're both pretty interesting but I've hit a boring part in Hardcore Zen and kind of stopped reading it.

ExiledWays said:
I'm currently reading "A Game of Thrones" (the first part of 'A Song Of Ice And Fire') by George R.R. Martin. It's extremely good! Why didn't I start reading this series before?! :)

ARGH! George R.R. Martin is my favourite author. A Song Of Ice And Fire is amazing, I'm still waiting for the latest book to come out. I even have a tattoo the length of my arm dedicated to the series :p

Phyxi said:
ExiledWays said:

ARGH! George R.R. Martin is my favourite author. A Song Of Ice And Fire is amazing, I'm still waiting for the latest book to come out. I even have a tattoo the length of my arm dedicated to the series :p

"A Song of Ice and Fire is awesome. It just takes GRRM soooooo looooong between volumes!

But they're long books, and he doesn't outline them first, so I guess it's understandable. Still frustrating, though.

I'm re-reading The Cornish Trilogy by Roberston Davies, although I've been spending too much time online and not enough in the pages of the book this week.

I've been so scatter lately. I got side tracked.
I was reading the Course in Mirracles by Marrianne Williamson.

The type of reading I do is more of textbooks, instruction manuals, or selfhelp books.
I enjoy reading them. There's short stories that has sometype of wisdom in these types
of books. I enjoy reading them as some people enjoy reading novels.

I'm able to focus better. My reading speed is improving.
My writting skills is also improving. (if I slow down.lol)
Plus I'm not using my laptop with sticky a keyboard.

im not reading anything right now. but im looking for a good historical novel. Thats what i like to read mostly. Any good suggestions out there?

heretostay said:
im not reading anything right now. but im looking for a good historical novel. Thats what i like to read mostly. Any good suggestions out there?

"Centennial" by James Michener. It's good. It also contains the single most shocking (not in a gross way) and traumatic moment I've ever read in a novel.

Spare said:
"Centennial" by James Michener. It's good. It also contains the single most shocking (not in a gross way) and traumatic moment I've ever read in a novel.

Well, that's intriguing! I may have to check it out. I haven't read Michener in years. I think the last one I read was Space or Caravans

The Philosopher and the wolf (can't remember who the author is)

I generally love fantasy books but I also love wolves so any books containing fantasy or wolves is great and if it contains both then chances are I've already read it :p

Latest posts

Back