What can we do to make the world a better place?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my life and experience many people have spoken about making the world a better place. This obviously will take serious effort from every single individual person on the planet. This sadly will never happen due mostly down the fact that people really on want change if everyone else does it and the individual's life isn't disrupted or make any serious sacrifices for the greater good. Its not just big corporate companies snd politics to blame for the hate in the world, its the people themselves that create the hate and chaos in the world. For me personally I think if every single human being on the planet cared about the individual next to them the same way they look after themself then it could be a start. Everyone chose one person and love them unconditionally, do it with two people or three or better yet do it with everyone.

In my life and experience many people have spoken about making the world a better place. This obviously will take serious effort from every single individual person on the planet. This sadly will never happen due mostly down the fact that people really on want change if everyone else does it and the individual's life isn't disrupted or make any serious sacrifices for the greater good. Its not just big corporate companies snd politics to blame for the hate in the world, its the people themselves that create the hate and chaos in the world. For me personally I think if every single human being on the planet cared about the individual next to them the same way they look after themself then it could be a start. Everyone chose one person and love them unconditionally, do it with two people or three or better yet do it with everyone.
I agree,so true,we need more love and understanding in the world today.

Dyson Sphere.
I don't think we can yet tho.
yeah because progress is being stalled on purpose to placate the masses and the wealthy, while dooming humanity. you know how slave owners didnt want to free slaves? war mongers didnt want to stop wars? and the royal families didnt want to stop taxing the people to death? we're still living under that, and there are still people who have culpability, who are causing it, who purposefuly (to hoard resources and fame) hold humanity down, its just that theyre hard to pinpoint specifically because of various reasons, one of them being lack of creativity in seeing people for who they are and the damage they inflict on the world because of greediness and inherint sin. hopefuly one day it will be possible to fight back and achieve a definite victory over the forces of ignorance and evil.

yeah because progress is being stalled on purpose to placate the masses and the wealthy, while dooming humanity. you know how slave owners didnt want to free slaves? war mongers didnt want to stop wars? and the royal families didnt want to stop taxing the people to death? we're still living under that, and there are still people who have culpability, who are causing it, who purposefuly (to hoard resources and fame) hold humanity down, its just that theyre hard to pinpoint specifically because of various reasons, one of them being lack of creativity in seeing people for who they are and the damage they inflict on the world because of greediness and inherint sin. hopefuly one day it will be possible to fight back and achieve a definite victory over the forces of ignorance and evil.
I agree with a lot of these sentiments...

But, I'm not sure about a, 'definite victory over the forces of ignorance and evil.' The worst tyrants this world has ever known, were 100% convinced of the virtue in their cause, and sought to eradicate, as in _completely_ eliminate what they believed were the evils of the world.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

Evil is relative.

Oh sh...
🔺 What he said.

I agree with a lot of these sentiments...

But, I'm not sure about a, 'definite victory over the forces of ignorance and evil.' The worst tyrants this world has ever known, were 100% convinced of the virtue in their cause, and sought to eradicate, as in _completely_ eliminate what they believed were the evils of the world.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

I agree with the ideas too, I think society/civilization/humanity is being deliberately misled/held back for selfish gain. I do believe in giving people freedom to have individuality but I think the hyper-individualism has gotten out of control, and is kind of defeating the purpose of having a civilization in the first place. Growing up, I always thought the point of science, technology, and civilization, the rule of law, was to create a kinder, softer, and therefore better, higher-quality, more free, happier way of life than you would get if we had just stayed with survival of the fittest. But now we seem to be regressing back towards Darwinian competition, and it's made me disappointed and disillusioned with humanity and society. It makes all the new tech advances and everything, not seem that cool after all.

And I agree about the worst tyrants being convinced that they are virtuous, and therefore, don't believe that they're doing anything wrong. They either believe they're acting in humanity's true best interest, that everyone else is too afraid/confused/emotional/soft/weak to see, and/or that they believe that they are in the right, because they are inherently superior beings and for them to "win" is the natural, rightful order of things, and anyone who gets hurt by it, it's their own "fault" for being weaker - they can either get on their level, or get enslaved or killed off. This is what the billionaires seem to believe, and why they don't seem to feel guilty about it.

It's kind of like Nietzsche's Master/Slave Morality.
Or it's a lot like the Augments (from Star Trek) believe, or - like you said - the Sith. Might makes right.

And I really, really disagree with it. I think it's heading backwards, in the wrong direction.

On the other hand, I probably shouldn't spend as much time thinking about stuff like this, because it doesn't make me seem like too much fun, and all I do is talk about how messed up it is, but I don't do anything about it. I don't know what can be done, and I don't think I can do anything about it anyway. I should leave this kind of stuff to someone who actually wants to make saving the world their life's work, and is in a position to actually do it.

Last edited:
Value and respect yourself and do the same for the people whom you know.
And as much as it's possible, don't bring any suffering to anything that's alive.
And as much as it's reasonably possible for you, try and live peaceably with the people whom you know.

These are not new ideas, they've been stated before.

Value and respect yourself and do the same for the people whom you know.
And as much as it's possible, don't bring any suffering to anything that's alive.
And as much as it's reasonably possible for you, try and live peaceably with the people whom you know.

These are not new ideas, they've been stated before.
Yes,very true constant stranger

How to make the world a better place? suggest to your younger 16 years old friends to apply for the UWC or similar colleges. Or advocate for extending singularity university. With knowledge comes understanding, and with understanding comes leverage.
The socio-psychological workings of people is understandable according to my view. Although there are still some types of people.

Have Burning Man events once a month in all the cities all over the world.

iu

Treat everyone the way you would like to be treated. All of the time.

Learn more about other cultures, faiths, ideas, languages, people, history.

Create art. Paint, sculpt, write a poem, or produce a beautiful song. Share it with the world… or just one special person.

Latest posts

Back