What Do You Despise?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If my understanding is correct, the mental state of anger, is one that shuts down cortical function, and reduces one's ability to think critically. It can be an overwhelming emotion.

Fear and anger seem to be quite inter-related...

As someone who's made mistakes more than once making choices out of negative obsessions/catastrophizations, or blind rage and/or a desire for revenge, I can confirm.

That's a good one, but also a hard one.

At first I thought, I don't do this...but I guess, I kind of do, just in different ways.
It can be a sneaky thing that can be hard to be mindful of.
Yeah, I'm sure I hold other people to standards I myself don't, or at least have before.

One thing I know I do, is give advice I don't follow myself, or at least, not always.

I don't like when people say, "do as I say, not as I do." And I don't think people should take to heart, advice given, that isn't followed.

So, I suppose all that makes me a hypocrite; and I don't like hypocrites.

Oh well. That's why I don't like ruminating on, 'things I despise.' There are so many things; but, I think it's more useful to look within, and try to root out those very things you do not like, within yourself, rather than expending energy/time contemplating the wrongs of others...

When you get your peanut butter on my chocolate!!!!!! Ha! ha!

iu

Still my ex husband for his continual emotional abuse to his now grown children.

Latest posts

Back