What do you do in your spare time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do the usual thing an introvert does - watch tv, read, play online games etc. Occasionally, I really push the boat and out, and converse with the dog.

When the weather is nice I'll go for a walk, but it's too hot now. On a good day I'll read in my spare time, or work on a project. On a bad day I'll just aimlessly surf the net for hours, watch videos, play games...lots more bad days than good days lately.

Sophie99 said:
When the weather is nice I'll go for a walk, but it's too hot now. On a good day I'll read in my spare time, or work on a project. On a bad day I'll just aimlessly surf the net for hours, watch videos, play games...lots more bad days than good days lately.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having more bad days than good days. I hope that things begin to look up for you soon. I'm here if you want to talk about it,however I'm not sure how much help I could be.

I do everything to make myself better or healthier person. Alost every day I run, play guitar and read...Doing the things I like..

Being unemployed I have a lot of free time. I'm usually studying chess, posting here, and playing video games. I also exercise for an hour or so 4 days a week.

Hearmenow2012 said:
Hello again everyone. It has been a while since I have created a thread and I just started posting on here again yesterday, however I have still been visiting this site on a regular basis.

Anyway I have a question for all of you. What do you do in your spare time? I ask this because it seems like everyone is expected to drink alcohol these days and if you don't then you're crazy. (This has been societies way of thinking for a long time so it is nothing new)

Do you ever run out of things to do, how do you keep busy and do you ever feel like you are doing the same things day after day?

To be honest, I've only ever been a social drinker. Not because I like the stuff, but because club/concert atmosphere kind of requires it. It's a hell hole if you're not at least a little drunk. If I'm at home, at a family gathering, or even at a football game, I would rather have a really tasty cool-drink or something. Why drink something if it's not tasty?! :rolleyes:

Run out of things to do? Not really. Work takes up a lot of my time, so when I'm at home I listen to music for hours, watch series/movies, and football etc. I do get bored doing those things alone, i.e. I would rather be hanging with friends/family and doing similar stuff with them instead.

Stillwaters said:
I do the usual thing an introvert does - watch tv, read, play online games etc. Occasionally, I really push the boat and out, and converse with the dog.

lol, at least your dog is happy!

duff said:
play golf 3 times a week
take photo's when I can
watch tv
read
surf the web a lot, reading up stuff eg football news

****, how do you manage 3 rounds of golf a week?! I can't even get 1 round in between work & the insane membership fees that adults have to pay here. God, I miss school & varsity, back when we almost played for free.

Baka said:
Hearmenow2012 said:
Hello again everyone. It has been a while since I have created a thread and I just started posting on here again yesterday, however I have still been visiting this site on a regular basis.

Anyway I have a question for all of you. What do you do in your spare time? I ask this because it seems like everyone is expected to drink alcohol these days and if you don't then you're crazy. (This has been societies way of thinking for a long time so it is nothing new)

Do you ever run out of things to do, how do you keep busy and do you ever feel like you are doing the same things day after day?

To be honest, I've only ever been a social drinker. Not because I like the stuff, but because club/concert atmosphere kind of requires it. It's a hell hole if you're not at least a little drunk. If I'm at home, at a family gathering, or even at a football game, I would rather have a really tasty cool-drink or something. Why drink something if it's not tasty?! :rolleyes:

Run out of things to do? Not really. Work takes up a lot of my time, so when I'm at home I listen to music for hours, watch series/movies, and football etc. I do get bored doing those things alone, i.e. I would rather be hanging with friends/family and doing similar stuff with them instead.

Stillwaters said:

lol, at least your dog is happy!

duff said:
play golf 3 times a week
take photo's when I can
watch tv
read
surf the web a lot, reading up stuff eg football news

****, how do you manage 3 rounds of golf a week?! I can't even get 1 round in between work & the insane membership fees that adults have to pay here. God, I miss school & varsity, back when we almost played for free.

I have 2 days off work, Sunday and Monday. And in spring / summer I play on a Thursday - I work 6am to 2pm - so I go after work, the course is really close to my work.

I pay £31 a month direct debit to the course, I can play as much as I want. The yearly subs to the club is £125, locker rent is another £50. Sundays is my competition day, the other 2 are practise rounds. I could sneak more rounds in if the course wasn't so busy !

duff said:
I pay £31 a month direct debit to the course, I can play as much as I want. The yearly subs to the club is £125, locker rent is another £50. Sundays is my competition day, the other 2 are practise rounds. I could sneak more rounds in if the course wasn't so busy !

There are 2 courses +/-10km from my apartment & their fees are basically the same. Full membership, which allows you to play any day of the week, is £330 a year, but I think you have to pay it once off. Then you have to pay £16 per round. Not sure about locker rent.

I think that's actually cheaper than yours, but I can't really afford that right now. Still a junior clerk at my firm, so yeah...maybe one day. Yearly fees for students is £90, the bastards! :p

Baka said:
duff said:

There are 2 courses +/-10km from my apartment & their fees are basically the same. Full membership, which allows you to play any day of the week, is £330 a year, but I think you have to pay it once off. Then you have to pay £16 per round. Not sure about locker rent.

I think that's actually cheaper than yours, but I can't really afford that right now. Still a junior clerk at my firm, so yeah...maybe one day. Yearly fees for students is £90, the bastards! :p

I love golf and I am glad my work allows me to play so often. I work only 29 hours but I'm still at home so money is not a problem. I can live off my wages easily.

My course is a municipal so anybody can play. It's £13 a round. I pay monthly because I play often and it works out a lot cheaper. It's a decent course, they are spending plenty of money on it. My handicap is 4 at the moment. My life time ambition is to get down to scratch.

I usually read, watch movies and play video games in my spare time. When they fail to keep my attention I switch to crafts and doing things outside. Walking by the river always manages to improve my mood. I occasionally drink and have the rare cigar.

duff said:
I love golf and I am glad my work allows me to play so often. I work only 29 hours but I'm still at home so money is not a problem. I can live off my wages easily.

My course is a municipal so anybody can play. It's £13 a round. I pay monthly because I play often and it works out a lot cheaper. It's a decent course, they are spending plenty of money on it. My handicap is 4 at the moment. My life time ambition is to get down to scratch.

4 is great though. The lowest I got to just after school was 10, so well done. I'm sure you'll get there if you just keep playing. Golf is like that. When you start out it seems impossible just to break 90, but you keep practicing and eventually you do it. Then you start aiming for middle to low 80s and onwards. It's addictive.

Baka said:
duff said:

4 is great though. The lowest I got to just after school was 10, so well done. I'm sure you'll get there if you just keep playing. Golf is like that. When you start out it seems impossible just to break 90, but you keep practicing and eventually you do it. Then you start aiming for middle to low 80s and onwards. It's addictive.

yes I love it. People enjoy it whatever their standard. I used to play football but that involved playing in a team which isn't my thing. Golf is a game you can play by yourself and that's probably why I like it so much !

Help little ol' ladies cross the street regardless of their wanting to or not.

I know a lot of people who do drink at bars... but most of them do other things, too. I wonder if it's a local thing to have nothing but party animals?

I currently spend most of my free time on writing, music, or TV/movies. I get the occasional new interest that fascinates me for a couple of weeks, but they tend to burn out fast.

Latest posts

Back