What do you do to feel good?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumbs_Up

Reaction score
Just wondering what you lot do to feel good! I have been perusing a few things here and there to get rid of the blues when I feel like I have nothing else to do...

I've started going for long walks, every couple of days or so. When I just have to do something other than just nothing, I usually go for a treck. I don't really plan a route but there's this hill I live next to in my area, I go up there and do some exploration...I come across brooks and things and I'd imagine what it would be like to be a kid again building damns and things and tree houses haha, and I'd look out at the city skyline and I'd see the whole town for miles across. I plan on running up that hill one day. I record how far I've gone each time and keep track of my pace.

I also write a lot, a diary almost apart from this writing focuses on my thought processes and how I can overcome certain things or keep a fresh perspective.

Recently picked up my guitar again too after not playing for a couple of years. Surprisingly I remember a lot of the chords and I thought I'd be crap... well I was at first but as I played more I got better. I need to sort my timing out though need to get myself a decent metronome!

I've got a huge appreciation for music too, classic rock! And I exercise a lot mainly weight training but I plan on toning up a bit so I have to get on with more cardio work.

Sometimes I like to just relax too. Almost like a contemplative state of meditation. I don't really have much of a social life at the minute. I don't drink or go clubbing, have no job (even though I'm educated), I get rejected a lot for jobs haha, I went to an interview for a cleaning job a few weeks ago and I never heard back when I was 'promised' work. I even resorted to manual labouring but even to do that I need references in that same line of work when all I've done note worthy is designing websites.

Anyway, yea that's what I do to keep from losing my fuckin' marbles (maybe they went a long time ago?), haha anyway what do you lot do for fun?

Ah, I do the same thing, to go around and explore. Unfortunately not much nature where I live now, and people here give a strange look when I wander around, so not so much I do this any longer.

Other things.. I will go run. Also, to read about some subject I like.

I generally just listen to music, play a video game I like, or I'll look up stuff to make myself laugh (jokes, youtube videos, etc).

If I say, I'll probably be banned (wary)

I do like to watch MLP:FiM or some anime though. Totally thrust myself into whatever I'm watching and feel giddy.

the things you do sound more fun but oh well
Play around on the guitar, listen to lennon/beatles/the doors/60's music on youtube, skateboard, but i have to study so that occupies my time sometimes, practically no social life too heheh

Think this....

The river of life forever flows.
It dosnt care who you are, if your nice, mean, short, tall, fat, skinney, colure, male, female.
You can use a themble, tea spoon, a bucket, a wheel barrel or set up a pipe line N pump it
all in...The chioce is yours.

Wheather it be money, people, places , things , joy, happiness, sorrows, pains or miseries.

Whatever you want and whatever how much you want of it...it's all realitive and neutraul.
All things are granted to you according to your wish. The power is yours.
You have the power and always had the power.

productivity like Alan said, fix something that needs mending
go on the ALL chat cheers me up
cooking
stand up comedians
go outside
listen to other people probs or happiness I forget my own probs
Helping someone out
Get totally absorbed in some film, game, music or topic
Totally odd things like researching everything about Armadillos can keep the blues away :D I'm serious but I'm cracking up now
fantasizing

Latest posts

Back