What do you do when loneliness hits you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rant.  

I'm aware enough to know that it's a problem with me, but the feeling that I have no control over this situation, 
with no clear path out of it except a lot of struggle and sacrifice and thinking and doing things that I just don't think and do, all for "maybe's" at best,
and all the while seeing people who knowingly and intentionally choose to be bad people, never have a problem with this at all 
- it just gets to be too much and I crack.

That, or I just waste time on the internet until the feeling goes away, and I forget I even had it.

I've got to get out of this.  There has to be more to life than feeling this way.

I've felt lonely before. Before I would feel awful about myself, but now I try to do anything to keep myself busy during the day so I don't feel as lonely. Right now I am trying to focus on me and do good things for myself. I'm getting back into reading again. Another thing I've been doing a lot of is arts and crafts and writing. It seems like whenever I write, I get so much off of my mind and it really helps when I get things on paper.

I ask myself (out loud, I'll admit) if I can possibly be any more lonelier now than I was ten years ago. The answer: no. Plus, loneliness is a result of over analyzing - if you can keep yourself busy so that you won't think about it, then you won't feel that way so much.

Finished said:
Just Games said:
Watch netflix.Blow leaves off the lawn with me new blower.

So, you're the one making all that noise. Ha! ha!

Yes mate it's me! I like to rev away on me little petrol stihl it's very therapeutic when I'm feeling low.That little bloke that came up to me last year when I was blowing on me front lawn was a bit rude saying 'it's much more peaceful when you use a rake'.But I don't care if I'm annoying him it's good for my mood :D

Just Games said:
Finished said:
Just Games said:
Watch netflix.Blow leaves off the lawn with me new blower.

So, you're the one making all that noise. Ha! ha!

Yes mate it's me! I like to rev away on me little petrol stihl it's very therapeutic when I'm feeling low.That little bloke that came up to me last year when I was blowing on me front lawn was a bit rude saying 'it's much more peaceful when you use a rake'.But I don't care if I'm annoying him it's good for my mood :D

Ha! Ha! I bet you do it the lazy way too. Ha! ha!

tumblr_nydrgdw3o81rc7zl1o1_400.gif

When I feel lonely, I go on forums to talk to people. I also connect to people through social media. I'm usually quite shy and not very social, but loneliness makes me feel very sad and the only thing that seems to help me is human connection.

It usually happens to me during the work, when it's rutine and I have time to think about other things. So no forums/social nets.
I just feel sad, have no idea what to do.

If it is non working time then reading/watching/drawing/forums/social media, otherwords trying to occupate my brains

If you're happy being all alone that means you completely love yourself.

i certainly have not found a decent long term solution aside from being in a healthy, loving romantic partnership. the other distractions i attempt only last for so long & everything is much better when one has someone to enjoy them with.

Latest posts

Back