What do you know that I probably don't but maybe should know?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The chicken and the ostrich are the closest living relatives of the Tyrannosaurus rex.

In 2003 scientists used collagen in ancient dinosaur remains to figure this out. They had suspected the dino-ness of birds for a long time, and finally here was actual evidence. Before this discovery, many experts believed that dinosaurs were giant reptiles, but it turns out they were basically massive chickens.

186,282.39 miles per second. That is the speed of light to the one-hundredth decimal. That is nearly eight circumnavigations of the Earth at the Equator every second.

Science fiction makes it believable that we could jump in and out of warp speed instantly.

The reality is if, while traveling at light speed, you began stopping for your destination a whole two years ahead of time, the force on your internal organs would be the equivalent of repeatedly hitting a brick wall at 60 miles per hour continuously for the entire two years.

You likely wouldn't survive for five seconds.

Mail was once delivered by 37 cats in Belgium.

These domestic cats were trained to deliver mail in the city of Liège. Waterproof bags containing letters were tied around their necks and then were driven out into the countryside, miles away from their homes and let go. They all made it home within 24 hours. Ultimately the scheme was abandoned as it was easier to deliver the mail yourself than rely on a cat!

If you know of a search engine that searches using synonyms, that's something that I don't know of and would be ever grateful if you shared that with us instead of your thinly veiled anger.

If you know how to use search engines, you actually can.

Also, not angry, so please stop projecting and please stop harassing me.

Last edited:
If you know how to use search engines, you actually can.

Also, not angry, so please don't projecting and please stop harassing me.
You seem to know nearly everything that I don't know so why not share with the group, how to use synonyms in search queries. Do you have a persecution complex? I'm not the one going out if my way to cause you grief and I also have been civil in words directed to you. Actually, that ignore button works very well, until I see that you're tailgating me again. I don't care for or about you and that feeling seems nearly mutual. But if you have info to make life better for us all, put it out there, darlin'! You've been on here for 10 years already while I've not even spent a month here yet. But I share when I can.

Oh and I don't projecting I not like projectimazations. Thanks for such courtesy as you'd hever shown before! I had no idea that please was in your vocabulary. You done real good not projection profanity.

And this thread’s topic would be the perfect place to let your genius projecting! Shine on, you krazee 💎!!

Last edited:
You seem to know nearly everything that I don't know so why not share with the group, how to use synonyms in search queries. Do you have a persecution complex? I'm not the one going out if my way to cause you grief and I also have been civil in words directed to you. Actually, that ignore button works very well, until I see that you're tailgating me again. I don't care for or about you and that feeling seems nearly mutual. But if you have info to make life better for us all, put it out there, darlin'! You've been on here for 10 years already while I've not even spent a month here yet. But I share when I can.

Oh and I don't projecting I not like projectimazations. Thanks for such courtesy as you'd hever shown before! I had no idea that please was in your vocabulary. You done real good not projection profanity.

And this thread’s topic would be the perfect place to let your genius projecting! Shine on, you krazee 💎!!
Why don't you take a **** chill pill man?
For someone who doesn't care much for opinions, you're certainly liberal in tossing all of yours.
And calling another member on here crazy, even if it's mispelled, is still calling out a member.
Like you said, she's been on here 10 years and she HAS made lives better. In your case so far...I'm not impressed.

Four pages later, you're still on her case about profanity use when she's used none, after the moderators corrected. At some point, you have to learn to let go.

Last edited:
Calm down, butterfly, no one called anyone crazy! Maybe you confused your chill pill with some other medication. If you love her, that's fine but I don't care for condescension from anyone, you included, mate. So, why don't you blow me, a kiss and we can call things even. Richard is it, huh? Isn't that just a long way to say Dick?

1674792926805.png

Calm down, butterfly, no one called anyone crazy! Maybe you confused your chill pill with some other medication. If you love her, that's fine but I don't care for condescension from anyone, you included, mate. So, why don't you blow me, a kiss and we can call things even. Richard is it, huh? Isn't that just a long way to say Dick?

See, this is what I get for trying to be nice. I don't care much for idiocy, I don't care much for passive-agressive self-righteous people and I certainly don't care much about you. So before this thread gets closed for you not being able to handle any kind of criticism and being derogatory towards anyone who calls you out on it, I'll just royally ignore you.

I know that Callie's been here longer than 10 years and she has made many lives better. I also know that Richard is no Dick.

I know that Callie's been here longer than 10 years and she has made many lives better. I also know that Richard is no Dick.
Thanks, dude. But it doesn't matter lol. I'm not four anymore, it slides.
It IS much nicer when people are nice.

Science fiction makes it believable that we could jump in and out of warp speed instantly.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't "warp speed" imply "bending space" such that your spaceship isn't traveling at/near the speed of light, but merely traversing great distances much quicker because your "warp drive" has caused the space between them to somehow contract? As if there were ripples in a once straight line and you can jump between the ripples instead of having to travel along the line? So you can get places as if you were moving much faster than light speed, even though you aren't.

Disclaimer:
I am not a physicist, merely a Star Trek fan.
The real Star Trek, with Kirk, Spock, Bones & Scotty...

If you don't want me posting, maybe don't quote my post two weeks later.
And yeah, I can see how "civil" you are. I've seen how "civil" you are since you got here.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't "warp speed" imply "bending space" such that your spaceship isn't traveling at/near the speed of light, but merely traversing great distances much quicker because your "warp drive" has caused the space between them to somehow contract? As if there were ripples in a once straight line and you can jump between the ripples instead of having to travel along the line? So you can get places as if you were moving much faster than light speed, even though you aren't.

Disclaimer:
I am not a physicist, merely a Star Trek fan.
The real Star Trek, with Kirk, Spock, Bones & Scotty...
It's actually based on, well not in TOS, but on real theory in later series 😉 Michel Alcubierre worked somewhat on the theory of warp drive. In essence, in star trek, you bend space around the ship. Of course, the energy expenditure would be enourmous, which in Star Trek required anti matter and dilithium crystals. In actuality...no clue lol. But it's a fun concept if it would be possible.
They never solved the problem with short distances, though. Say you "warped" at warp 9, over a short distance, say 5 kilometers, you would technically arrive before you left five kilometers before, because you're traveling faster than the speed of light.

Ps Fan too, up until the 2009 era 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back