What do you know that I probably don't but maybe should know?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Free/Libre/Open-Source Software is widely available, and you probably use some of it without even knowing.

Free Software grants you four freedoms; the freedom to run the program as you wish, the freedom to make copies and share the software, the freedom to study the source code and make changes if you know how; and the freedom to share your modified versions of the software.

There is a large variety of Free Software; and most of it is available free of cost.

--Popular Free Software you may have heard of.--

Firefox

Chromium (what Chrome browser is based off of)

Audacity (audio editing)

Ardour (Music composition)

Minetest (A wonderful and superior Minecraft clone(100% free of cost to play))

Blender (Full featured and powerful 3D modeling/Animation Software)

Godot (Free/Libre game engine. Design anything from a complex 3D game, to a simple sidescroller)

Krita (Painting application)

GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) (Not as powerful as Photoshop, but still quite powerful and feature-ful)

Inkscape (another graphics drawing program)

Strawberry Music Player

OBS Studio (Stream to a plethora of live streaming websites like Twitch)

VLC Media Player (You've probably used it; but, you may not have known it's Libre Software)

Libre Office (A full featured office suite)

Only Office (Another full featured office suite)

And literally tens of thousands of other programs.

Most people will recognize the term, 'open source software', so you can use that in a search engine to find software. Free Software activists prefer the term Free Software however, as we believe proprietary software poses an existential threat to human rights and liberty.

You can also head on over to https://alternativeto.net/, and use it to search for Free/Libre/Open-Source software alternatives to popular proprietary software programs.

Linux Mint is a good beginner Operating System, for anyone interested in ditching Windows and giving GNU/Linux a try. There are literally 100's of other GNU/Linux based operating systems to choose from, many of them are quite user friendly these days.
An advantage to open source is there are so many people in the code that there is little chance of anyone embedding code that can collect your personal information.

The forum has a search feature. If you type in a keyword and hit "search titles only" it will bring up threads that already exist. For example, here's one for the word "interesting." If you scroll down you will see that there are already threads very similar to that, so making a new one isn't really necessary. This works for all words, not just that one.

This is important information everyone should know, yet very few seem to....

Those little plastic clips, and the, 'twist ties,' that come with bagged loaf of bread, are useless. Hold the open end of the bag bunched up tight, and twist from the bottom till you get an air-tight seal. Then lay the loaf flat, on top of the sealed end. The weight of the bag is enough to keep the air tight seal.

You can make a loaf last twice as long this way; and you can save the, 'twist-tie,' for other odds-n-ends sort of uses.
My brother told me that he likes them for guitar picks. But your tip is a good one, thanks!

Head on over to your preferred book store and search for, 'life hacks,' or, '1000 life hacks,' and you'll have access to more tips and tricks than you may have ever wanted to know. 😅
I'll keep that in mind but you and several others have opened my eyes already to lots that I didn't know. Thank you everybody! 🙏😲

The forum has a search feature. If you type in a keyword and hit "search titles only" it will bring up threads that already exist. For example, here's one for the word "interesting." If you scroll down you will see that there are already threads very similar to that, so making a new one isn't really necessary. This works for all words, not just that one.

This is important information everyone should know, yet very few seem to....
Thanks for your info but interesting wasn't a term in my query actually, so when I did my search, I didn't see the thread you mentioned. Thanks for the attention and the pink love, my favorite kind! ♥️

Last edited:
Thanks for your info but interesting wasn't a term in my query actually, so when I did my search, I didn't see the thread you mentioned. Thanks for the attention.
You made a thread about interesting honeysuckle.....they already exist. Duplicate threads just clog the forum.....unless you are trying to have your name on every thread. We've had that before.....
SkaFish made a thread a while ago about curiosities, whats if (interesting things)..... see, same thing....

You made a thread about interesting honeysuckle.....they already exist. Duplicate threads just clog the forum.....unless you are trying to have your name on every thread. We've had that before.....
SkaFish made a thread a while ago about curiosities, whats if (interesting things)..... see, same thing....
Thanks for your opinion but your complaints clog my inbox. Are you the owner of the site? If not, please refrain from harassing me. Also, your profanity isn't very pretty, Ms Pink Love. 😘

iu

Sure that works fine right after the bathroom has been cleaned. But, urine still ends up on the floor. So you stay back a little in order not to step in the urine. But, come late afternoon you need to be two, maybe three feet from the urinal in order not to step in urine. Peeing in the sink solves all those problems. It's tough to miss the sink. ;)

The other thing about peeing is that you do NOT have to spit into the urinal. I know it's a natural urge to do so. But, you can teach yourself not to do that any more. ;)

Ignoring everything about peeing in the sink, if I don't have to clean it I don't care.

But why spitting in a urinal? Is that something everyone does? I'm just curious.

But why spitting in a urinal? Is that something everyone does? I'm just curious.
Yeah, it's really odd. But, I noticed many years ago that I spit in urinals. I thought why was I doing that. I asked a friend at the time. He said nobody does that. Then later he said he does it too and didn't realize it. So, we both started looking up info about that. There's a lot of BS about it. But, it is real and a natural urge. It's not that they are clearing their throat. It's just a very basic urge. IMO, it's about marking territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back