What do you like about yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have piercing blue/grey eyes that I can lock on to kids when I'm annoyed with them cause they frequently take the piss expecting free child care at the last minute.Edit I'm having a bad day apologise.

ladyforsaken said:
My calming nature. It's something people always mention after they talk to me. (Although sometimes I think I'm too calm.)

Oh wow I've always seen my own calmness as a negative because I think it makes me boring and seems unpassionate but I definitely think it can be a positive thing as well! Thanks for the perspective shift!

I rock.

Seriously, when obstacles get thrown at me, I conquer them. May take awhile sometimes, but I get em.

I like the fact that I push through pain. And I like that I am still able to dream beautiful things sometimes.

I like that I am compassionate, a good listener, and that I power through pain.

I like that I am compassionate, a good listener, and that I power through pain.

Not much, unfortunately. There's a lot that I wish was different about me but I've always thought you had to just have the luck of being born with it.

I'll try to not be entirely negative though. Let's see:

- Sometimes, when I clean up, I dare to think I have good-looking days

- I like my interests and tastes

- I try to be a good friend, as much as I can under the situation

I'm brutally frank, and on occasion I'm frankly brutal, lol. The beauty of telling the truth is that one's story never changes. Nobody ever won a ******* popularity contest by telling the truth, that's for goddam sure... if modern scumbag politicians ever told the truth, they wouldn't be ELECTED, lol. The ******* greaseballs... right down there with used car salesmen and insurance claim adjustors, lol. Lawyers too... a busload of lawyers went off a cliff, and the tragedy was there was an empty seat, lol. 

What else do I like about myself? Well, I value my freedom very highly, so I'm not into criminal bullshit. When I was falsely charged in Kalifornia and had six months of my life ripped off as I fought the phony charges, I saw all kinds of slick-talkin' hustlers in jail... most of 'em career criminals who spent more time behind bars than outside, go figure. fresia that honeysuckle, it ain't worth the loss of freedom... and last time I (involuntarily) checked, they don't serve cold beer or blue agave tequila in jail, lol. 

I also like that I'm willing to give any person a shot to show me his or her true character... round here, I judge people by how they act, and NOT how they look. Of course, I'm gonna be less inclined to deal with someone if that fucktard looks or acts like a TWEEKIN' CRACKERHEAD, lol. I don't need my expensive ******* TVs stolen, AYE? So I temper that willingness a bit if there's any sign of TWEEKIN' or other CHEMICAL-HEAD ACTION. Life is EASIER that way, lol. 

MEH, ENOUGH SAID, TIME TO RESUPPLY WITH COLD BEER AT THE FRIDGE... AAAAH, THE BACHELOR LIFE!!! IT'S A SHITTY JOB, BUT SOMEBODY HAS TO DO IT!!!   :cool:

Edit, with cold beer in hand: Hey, when I had that six months of my life ripped off for no good reason (just lies on paper in corrupt greaseball pig reports), that was the LONGEST I'd been sober in DECADES, lol.   ;)

Yeah, Finished, I hear ya... I've repeatedly asked my niece & nephew who are still in San Diego to get out here and live rent-free while they find decent gubmint jobs with good pensions, but they wanna keep chasing that 'Kalifornia Dream.' I don't even know how they're making it, I don't think either one has that good of a job, but they ARE employed... seems like everything they make goes straight to survival, which is NOT the way it should be. I keep offering, since I have an unused second bedroom in my home, I simply use it for storage right now but I could always clean it out and tighten everything up elsewhere... no shortage of storage closets in this home. Oh, well, maybe one day they'll accept my offer, if only to stay long enough to set up their own home purchase. I don't see how they could ever possibly buy a home in Kalifornia, and paying rent sucks... here in rural Arizona, it's cheaper to buy a home than it is to pay rent, go figure. Just one more reason why I'm here!!!

^ That's awfully nice of you! I was looking at home prices all over the country yesterday. I have been thinking about cashing in and buying somewhere less expensive further up north like southern Utah. But, everything is expensive everywhere now. Even though the value on this place seems crazy high, this same property would cost even more up there. Wow! The value of the US dollar is worth even less then I thought it was.

One can still buy some decent fixers in OK and parts of NC, but then ya have that humid slop every summer. NM has some inexpensive fixers too, but the economy there is sketchy. Everything north and west of AZ is inflated in price, not really worth buying, and the taxes are generally higher. I did a shitload of research back when I was narrowing down my choices, and I looked at EVERYTHING: economy, property taxes, cost of living, demographics, the whole nine yards. I kept coming back to AZ as the best overall choice.

If you DO flip that place of yours, I'd suggest buying a fixer elsewhere in Arizona, at elevation so you stay comfortable. There are still good deals to be had in this state, but those prices are only gonna creep upward as more folks pour in from Kalifornia. I wish I had enough money to invest in properties right now... oh, well, at least I'm free & clear on this home. IMO, it's best to stay right here in Arizona, just get out of the Big City and bag a decent fixer home in the country. 

I was checking a real estate website a few short weeks ago, and I saw a nice fixer home on an acre of land outside Sierra Vista, on rural water and septic, and the seller only wanted $55K, which means a person could get it for $50K or less. Trees on the property, nice views of the Huachuca Mountains, home elevation over 4000' so the climate is bearable, and taxes amounting to a few hundred bucks, lol. Ya just can't FIND this sort of deal in Kalifornia, ya know? And the place looked nice, even though it needed a little work... the roof & bones were solid. 

I just saw a listing today in our local trade rag (The Cochise Trading Post), a property over in Pearce on the east side of the Dragoons, I'll just copy the ad verbatim here. BTW, you can Google 'The Cochise Trading Post' and probably see the front-page ad tomorrow in their electronic edition, Week of July 14th-20th, 2021 (printed paper comes out a day early from the listed publication date). The home photo looks good too, here's the ad content:

Historic home on 36.01 acres. Horse property. Home is Adobe with 14" walls. Brand new screened in porch on the front with insulated roof and walls for easy conversion. Private well with 8" casing. Wood burning fireplace in the den. Home has a metal roof and lots of windows with good light. Covered back porch. Lots of large shade trees and fruit trees on the property. $235K.

Hell, if I had the money, I'd buy that place in a heartbeat. Country living, a million stars overhead at night, fresh air and comfortable elevation, a nice big ******* estate, what's not to like? I have a nice place here on the west side of the Dragoons, but I wouldn't mind having more land, especially with large shade trees AND fruit trees on the property. Good place to sling my Pawleys Island Hammock, lol. Well, that's enough thread-jacking for now, but you might wanna reconsider moving out of Arizona, this state has a lot going for it, it's the last bastion of freedom in the Lower 48, lol. Cheers!!!   :cool:

Latest posts

Back