What do you miss about childhood?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running like a wild child through the fields around us and slipping through the trees in the forest - the smell of the pine needles and the lazy days escaping August's heat and humidity lounging in the shade trying to fish for pumpkinseed with a string on a stick;

Playing outside until after dark freely not knowing the fear of being preyed upon;

Weeks spent at my grandparents' house being doted on followed by our summertime camping trips up north in Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Quebec and the Maritimes;

Freedom from worry;

Blanket forts
Scary stories by the fireplace
Not wearing make-up
Otterpops
Being fearless

naivete of hopes and dreams, to think things like "if i become a good person, my life will become good"

Everything. I miss playing in parks, swimming at the pool, playing with toys and games with my brothers, playing make believe. My brothers and I used to pretend we were aliens and make a story. Early summer nights full of fireflies. Getting read to at night from Little Golden Books, and later on, reading kids' book series myself like Goosebumps and Animorphs. Cartoons, everything from Disney movies to Transformers. Sleeping over at my Grandma's house. My dog as a puppy, though that happened on the very very edge of my childhood and the start of being a young adult. Actually looking forward to holidays that are now kind of mundane, and looking forward to birthdays instead of dreading them. Feeling like everything was fine and would always be that way and getting older was just words and not something real. Aside from a few rocky parts, my childhood was really nice. Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could go back.

haven't really had one, or maybe just the first years when I was too small to remember - they say it's never too late to have a happy childhood

Peaches said:
haven't really had one, or maybe just the first years when I was too small to remember - they say it's never too late to have a happy childhood

It would seem so... I hear more about Disney movies from the adults I know than the kids.

I miss all the great tv shows, the toys I used to play with, how kids actually played outside inside of staying inside their house all day long. Hanging out in the woods with my friends, those summer days and running after the ice cream man. Freeze pops! And the cool sayings we used to say when we were younger.

childhood-memories-3.jpg%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D375

@ WallflowerGirl83: I love that picture! I really miss all of my old toys too!

Things I miss about childhood...
I miss my innocence somehow.
I miss not worrying about ageing and wrinkles.
I miss the androgynous, shapeless body I used to have.
I miss being able to get away with more stuff.
I miss people the lack of responsibility.
I miss all of my old toys.

I miss a lot of things about childhood that I find hard to put into words...

• when WWE....or was it WWF's overall product when it was at its best during the Attitude Era. Storylines, certain gimmicks, and the hype of big events
  • collecting wrestling toys (WWF, WCW, ECW, etc.)
  • renting video games and movies (starting with VHS)
  • getting involved in multiplayer battles on various games from the N64 and SNES days

Not being smart enough to understand how truly sad and lonely life really is and being naive enough to still believe things will eventually work out

I miss Santa, reading Harry Potter for the first time, the games I used to play and many other things but above all...

Not having to worry about things. Relationships, the future, dying alone, is my favorite character going to get killed off in the TV show I'm following?
The only thing I worried about was if my biological father was to turn his abuse to my mother and thankfully he never laid a hand on her.

My favourite Lucy doll I carried around with me everywhere. I was a loner quiet kid, and she was my only friend.

IMG_4147.jpg

I miss being care free. You have no real worries in life. You lose that innocence as you get older. You're too young to have any real regrets. You're not corrupted by most of the desires like sex, money, and power. You just enjoy every day for today.

lostatsea said:
I miss being care free. You have no real worries in life. You lose that innocence as you get older. You're too young to have any real regrets. You're not corrupted by most of the desires like sex, money, and power. You just enjoy every day for today.

Yes, this^. Exactly. They weren't kidding when they said "ignorance is bliss". I wish I could go back and never leave.

Latest posts

Back