What do you see in the mirror today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to do something about my beard, it's starting to get out of hand.

Otherwise, I'm gorgeous.

I used to utterly despise my appearance when I was younger, but I feel better about that as I get older.

A stranger. I don't know if it's age, or it's just the loss of my humor. I look like a grump even to me.

What I see in the mirror is a survivor, a fighter and a shrewd mofo I wouldn't want to fresia with.
But also I see a father and grandfather, a man who's proud of what his children have already accomplished thanks to his efforts and love when they were children.
I see the completion of a man's character who was all over the place at once, always in a hurry, always working hard for others to finally, after many years of adversity and pain, glance at a mirror with a satisfied smirk of victory on his lips.
I had almost forgotten what happiness was like. It's back now and it feels good.

I've tried to walk naked in front of the mirror. Don't now why, nothing good's there)

But I've remebered a good quote: "He is you seen through the lens of your image of yourself. We all look worse in the mirror than we actually are".
I wonder how does it work for the narcissists?
And I wonder what do others see when they look at me, is there any difference with what I see in a mirror:unsure:
Sometimes I look at my friends and I see those 20yo people from the past. It's weird.

iu

I look in the mirror I see a young vibribant brunette 💇‍♀️ who very persuasively requests I do better on my selection of attire indicating I must lose the sweatpants and work more on color coordination 👕👖🧦

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back