What do you think about suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lonelyfairy, I do believe you have strength. The fact that you are able to manage to talk about it before doing anything that you will regret, says that you do want to feel better and you are not giving up yet. Think of the positive things you can gain more strength from, like having this community where you can vent your feelings when they get too hard on you. Having people who is willing to listen. having the capabilities to grow and learn so much and become anyone you want. Hang in their Lonelyfairy, this too shall pass.

floffyschneeman said:
Lonelyfairy, I do believe you have strength. The fact that you are able to manage to talk about it before doing anything that you will regret, says that you do want to feel better and you are not giving up yet. Think of the positive things you can gain more strength from, like having this community where you can vent your feelings when they get too hard on you. Having people who is willing to listen. having the capabilities to grow and learn so much and become anyone you want. Hang in their Lonelyfairy, this too shall pass.

Maybe... And I am very thankful that community like this exist. It's a good feeling when someone cares and wants to listen...

But... This is so awful feeling and I don't want to take more depression pills etc. I am so sad and depressed only because of this loneliness and because my mother is very sick, it's like, almost killing me. :( Life is so gray and empty every day.

I feel so alone, even that there is caring people around me. :(

We are here though, and we always will be here for you no matter how you are feeling[/align]. :)

What do you think about suicide?

I believe it is a personal decision.

However, I also believe we need to consider the possible chain reactions from it.

If my daughter committed suicide, I would too because:

~ I could never imagine my life without her,
~ I would feel that I failed as a parent, and
~ My life would be totally meaningless.

For me, I can't really say. I would never do it but, I can't really speak for anyone else. I don't think its bad or anything of that sort I just..... I don't know. I guess I actually like feeling horrible. I like feeling awful sometimes because when I get over it, everything seems to makes sense. Plus bouts of depression lead to the best nap sessions. Take a good nap for a couple of afternoons, you'll feel like a million bucks in no time.

I remember before joining this forum that I was desperate, I was suicidal. It was on my mind every single day. I could think of it as the only way out of my pain.

I am VERY grateful to have found this forum where I could at least talk to other people online. Looking back now I realize that if I did it, I would have lost my chance of life. I actually feel better now, and I am much more confident and have a higher self-esteem than months prior. Keep your head high and things will get better. :p

I feel a little bit better today... No suicidal thoughts, thankfully. It's kind of funny, how my mood can change so much..

fatalism said:
Take a good nap for a couple of afternoons, you'll feel like a million bucks in no time.

I agree, good naps help...

Ak5 said:
I am VERY grateful to have found this forum where I could at least talk to other people online. Looking back now I realize that if I did it, I would have lost my chance of life. I actually feel better now, and I am much more confident and have a higher self-esteem than months prior. Keep your head high and things will get better. :p

Yeah... I am very grateful and lucky too that I found this awesome forum. :shy:

I am usually positive personality, but now that strenght and positivity are gone... But I really really try to be stronger.

Good thing that you're feeling better LonelyFairy. :)

Being positive takes patience and dedication, try smiling a little every day and thinking in a more heartier mood, it'll eventually work out. :p

Ak5 said:
Good thing that you're feeling better LonelyFairy. :)

Being positive takes patience and dedication, try smiling a little every day and thinking in a more heartier mood, it'll eventually work out. :p

Well.. Only a little bit better. :/

And I agree with that... It really takes some patience.

xrchz said:
Nothing happens after death.

Unless you've experienced being dead, you can't really say this with certainty. It is your belief, but it's not a known fact. Nobody knows what happens after death.

Unrelated to what may or may not happen after death, I think suicide is stupid. Sooner or later things will get better, and this might be our only chance to live life and experience the good things as well as the bad. And then there's the loved ones that are left behind. I know I often think that nobody loves me, but if I really consider it for more than a second, I know that's not true; these people deserve better.

I don't have an opinion on whether it's morally right or wrong - I just think it's stupid. (That's easy for me to say, though, who's never seriously considered it myself, so I'm not judging.)

lonelyfairy said:
Sometimes I feel so terrible that I think that only suicide could help me... But does it really help? And what happens after death? Could I do it for my mother? I feel so horrible, because I would like to do it, but I am not brave enough. And it's not right for the people who care about me very much...

What do you think about it? Is it right or wrong...?

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and for those you would leave behind it's the very worst way to lose someone. I lost a friend a few years back that way and know whereof I speak.

Equinox said:
xrchz said:
Nothing happens after death.

Unless you've experienced being dead, you can't really say this with certainty. It is your belief, but it's not a known fact. Nobody knows what happens after death.

Every belief people see what fits with what they want to believe.

Wait till you spend some time near death that wasn't your choice. Then see what you think

Equinox said:
I just think it's stupid.

Somehow I translated this to mean "I don't understand how people can rationalize suicide, and i've never been there."

Kinda like how someone who has never broken the law can't comprehend why someone might do so.

Or a person who lives in the 1st world can't comprehend what it's like to live in the slums in the 3rd world.

totally different points of view and living...

Like for me, I can't comprehend why someone would want to hurt another person voluntarily and then enjoy their suffering (which is the definition of sadism).

I think it's morally reprehensible, even to laugh at someone that has fallen down, which many people do, but My reaction would be "omg are they okay?!" and to cringe. Other people might laugh their heads off though.

However, I wouldn't want anyone to post anything positive in regards to Suicide in this thread for fear that lonelyfairy would somehow latch onto that justification or mode of thought and use it to be able to harm herself with, knowing that she struggles with these sorts of thoughts.

We love you here LF. :)

SophiaGrace said:
However, I wouldn't want anyone to post anything positive in regards to Suicide in this thread for fear that lonelyfairy would somehow latch onto that justification or mode of thought and use it to be able to harm herself with, knowing that she struggles with these sorts of thoughts.

We love you here LF. :)

Yeah, suicide is not a positive thing... It's very sad and tough. :(

I feel a little bit better, but not good enough. I know that I can feel better, but I don't know what is holding me back. I have to accept that IT IS OK to feel this way, before I can start to heal. IT IS OK to feel very sad and depressed. I can cry, if I want to, I can even scream if I want to. I have to let these feelings out somehow, or I will feel very anxious.... Maybe I should write more poems.

But thank you, SophiaGrace. :shy:

I'd say it's hard to make any judgement about suicide because people who commit it tend to be in an understandably irrational state of mind at the time.

I would say it's an absolutely pointless act though. I believe any problem can be resolved given the right attention, even if it may seem utterly hopeless. Suicide solves nothing, ultimately, and any pain it may "alleviate" is visited on family and friends with a vengeance.

Latest posts

Back