What do you think about suicide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think suicide is unfortunate, but is ultimately up to the person who wants to end their life, not others. And I find the usual concern trolling "oh, but think about how your family/friends/whoever will feel!" to be absolutely despicable.

If anyone who would be saddened by a person's suicide really cared, they could be doing a lot more to help that person than they are. Too often someone who expresses that they are depressed enough for suicide to be a thought are shouted down with "think of other people!" and generic "you have so much to live for" bullshit, but nothing is done to actually help the person with the problems they face. They're called selfish for seeking a solution to their own problems by other people who are the truly selfish ones, wanting someone else to live just for the sake of their own personal happiness.

I've known suicides and attempted ones. When I was younger I had a serious disagreement with that as an option. But life can get dark, and hard. I understand it much more now. People are always affected one way or the other, and those left behind have to try to comprehend the whys. And the ones that survived also have people who have the whys. I just hope any considering it are able to find answers and/or solace and...I really don't know how to end this impartiality

When I was younger I had a serious disagreement with that as an option. But life can get dark, and hard. I understand it much more now.

Not necessarily related to suicide per se, but that's kind of how I felt about alcohol and drugs growing up. When I was a kid back in DARE, I always thought, why would anyone want to hurt themselves like that? Why take that risk? It's stupid. Of course, this was when I was a kid, living in a safe neighborhood, always having something to eat, clothes to wear, toys and games, not living in misery, not needing to worry about making money/capitalism/the cruelty of survival of the fittest and dumb luck, and things like that. Then you grow up and realize that life can be a lot shittier than you were told it would be, even if you weren't a criminal or any other kind of bad person, because in the real world, money is all that matters. And then things that seemed insane before, start to make more sense.

I still disagree with people's decision to do hard drugs, and still believe it's more risk than it's worth, and will only lead to misery. But I can understand how someone might feel like drinking or getting high is their only chance at anything resembling happiness.

I spent 20+ years as an addict and alcoholic even growing up around it. I remember DARE, and also the whole puff buff. Still a cigarette smoker going on 30 years. I mean it's technically long term suicide, but ****..it all comes down to personal choice, right?

Sometimes I feel so terrible that I think that only suicide could help me... But does it really help? And what happens after death? Could I do it for my mother? I feel so horrible, because I would like to do it, but I am not brave enough. And it's not right for the people who care about me very much...

What do you think about it? Is it right or wrong...?
Assisted suicide should not only be decriminalization, it should be fully accepted and embraced

I spent 20+ years as an addict and alcoholic even growing up around it. I remember DARE, and also the whole puff buff. Still a cigarette smoker going on 30 years. I mean it's technically long term suicide, but ****..it all comes down to personal choice, right?
As the only nonsmoker in my family I have to say addiction is not a choice, it is an excuse

Sometimes I feel so terrible that I think that only suicide could help me... But does it really help? And what happens after death? Could I do it for my mother? I feel so horrible, because I would like to do it, but I am not brave enough. And it's not right for the people who care about me very much...

Something very unfortunate that should be avoided

Try and avoid doing it a way that will endanger others eg jumping off motorway bridge. That's just selfish and inconsiderate.

Try and avoid doing it a way that will endanger others eg jumping off motorway bridge. That's just selfish and inconsiderate.
Suicide does not help in any case no.1. Life is gift by the Allah we have no right to finish it. The body and soul are two different things. In case of death or suicide soul is separated from the body. The body is dissolved but soul is exists. So there is no benefit of suicide. What happen with you is your soul is over burden. You do one thing contact me at my email id or send me your whatsapp. I will listen you and will help you to heal up to deal this problem. [email protected]

The beginning of 2020, I really wanted to go. There was no prolonged depression, no trauma or heartbreak. I'd just had enough. I didn't even agonise over the decision, it was all clinical and methodological.

I began by doing some research, or at least trying. The aim, to find a method that leaves the least disruption and inconvenience for others. The internet disagreed and blocked all searches. Although, I pursued the search long though the night.

The following morning, still determined to go, I messaged a couple of groups, seeking answers. This only resulted in either instant blocking, or a message advising to speak to someone, like that had not been what I was doing.

The whole affair just angered me tenfold. I'd my life not my own to decide for. Had I not been reasonable, polite, or adhered to protocols. What might this feigned compassion do to someone less cognitively equipped.

I am, quite obviously, still here today. Not necessarily by choice. Happily, I would go tomorrow. No bitterness or morose, I am simply done with my own existence. Unfortunately, life is never that simple, and there a battles to be won first.

Likewise, the honest truth, I stay for my dog. Nobody would take her in, or even assist in re-homing her.

I subject is taboo with the family. I don't mention it, as I don't want to upset anyone. It's assumed that because I have made future plans, such as a desire to travel or conclude the housing issue, that I must be past that "phase".

Other than being intensely stressed, lonely through largely my own choice. I otherwise consider myself to be of sound mind and capable of rational thought. I've never sought sympathy or attention.

I am bloody livid that legally it is not my choice. Angencies that claim to offer help, seek only to prevent death by suicide. Which in my opinion, in forces people to take greater risks, and potentially further harm to others.

Without wanting to recite Bill Hicks monologues, nobody gets our alive. We all die sometime. The food, air deal... there's too damned many of us. And, we lost a moron.

It shouldn't be anyone else's businesses whether you or I, choose to stay or go.

Latest posts

Back