What do you think of people who can forgive easily?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think forgiveness depends on a resolution. If the issue persists or simply fades with no resolve, forgiveness is in the least difficult.

On the other hand, without forgiveness relations suffer. Is it more appropriate to ask for forgiveness, or to offer it? I think one is a matter of accepting fault, whereas the latter is a still placing blame.

I think forgiveness depends on a resolution. If the issue persists or simply fades with no resolve, forgiveness is in the least difficult.

On the other hand, without forgiveness relations suffer. Is it more appropriate to ask for forgiveness, or to offer it? I think one is a matter of accepting fault, whereas the latter is a still placing blame.
I would say it is offering it. To find forgiveness with yourself, you don't need the other person to accept the forgiveness.

A quote from my daily reading today

"We can hold the other person accountable. We can hold the other person responsible. But it is not our responsibility to be judge and jury. Actively seeking revenge will not help us. It will block us and hold us back.

Walk away. Stop playing the game. Unhook. Learn your lesson. Thank the other person for having taught you something valuable. And be finished with it. Put it behind, with the lesson intact.

Acceptance helps. So does forgiveness - not the kind that invites that person to use us again, but a forgiveness that releases the other person and sets him or her free to walk a separate path, while releasing our anger and resentments. That sets us free to walk our own path."

I have personally always had a hard time with the "unhooking" part, but I do agree with Callie, that it is more for self than it is for them.

Latest posts

Back