What drives you crazy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was going to make a police report for some tresspassers. The online reporting system said it'll take 72 hours before a file number gets issued. Then it gets dispatched IF it qualifies. honeysuckle they'll already have stolen the items, left, and sold them before a cop comes by to check things out.
IF...yep, that sounds about right.

But, if you get a red light camera / speeding ticket they put all kinds of resources against you sparing no expense or man power.
Well I don't know how all that works but....around here there's a wreck and yoru're stuck waiting for 30 minutes for the police to get there. Why? Because 4 cars were on the other side of town pulling "suspicious" people over and searching their car because they smelled some weed.

Well I don't know how all that works but....around here there's a wreck and yoru're stuck waiting for 30 minutes for the police to get there. Why? Because 4 cars were on the other side of town pulling "suspicious" people over and searching their car because they smelled some weed.
A truck side swiped my car. I called 911. I tell them I'm following the truck and where it's headed. 911 asked if I was injured I said no. 911 said stop following the truck. 10 hours later a cop called me and asked if I wanted a police report for the insurance company. I said no I don't have full coverage. Are you going to find him with the license plate I gave you. Cop said, honestly, probably not. We are so far back logged. Are you sure you don't want a report for the insurance company? Blaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Im still stuck on fakeness...why do people wear glasses if they don't need them? Maybe I just don't get fashion...when did glasses become an accessory?
Not sunglasses, eye glasses. Is this being fake? In my mind it is. A young woman, 24, after I asked when she started wearing glasses, told me "you are so old! I dont...they are just cute on me." What the hell? I wanted to backhand those glasses off her face but that would've been silly so I just told her they made her eyes appear too small for her face.

A truck side swiped my car. I called 911. I tell them I'm following the truck and where it's headed. 911 asked if I was injured I said no. 911 said stop following the truck. 10 hours later a cop called me and asked if I wanted a police report for the insurance company. I said no I don't have full coverage. Are you going to find him with the license plate I gave you. Cop said, honestly, probably not. We are so far back logged. Are you sure you don't want a report for the insurance company? Blaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Plus side...at least he was honest.

True. But, this is why people take the law into their own hands. Also, once one knows the lack of police response they'll commit more crimes knowing they won't get caught.
I completely agree. There will always be people that push the limits though. I am guilty of doing things that weren't legal. Pushing limits and taking matters into my own hands because I too thought I wouldn't get caught, and didn't. So yeah, I know what you mean.

Liars and people who like to gaslight you. There is nothing that irritates me more than people who will lie just to lie and it doesn't matter whether it's anything significant or not. Also people who lie about who they are and what they've done in life and how much money they have, when in reality their education is probably equal to mine, they have done very little good in life, and they live in subsidized housing and get government money for food. Yet they claim to be so highly educated and have had such high positions until they retired.

Cruel people. Nothing more frustrating than being in the company of someone who is just nasty. You probably know the type of person who would kick a dog just to hear it Yelp. Or fly off the handle to "put people in their place."

Animal abusers and neglecters, but they feel they need a house full of them.

Troublemakers. You know the type.

Know- it -alls.

My lovely new neighbor, who randomly shouts and screams like she's playing some kind of game... pretty much at some point each day.

men… yeps… all of them 😅 If you find a good one… capture him for poor tired Ceno, cant keep chasing waterfalls 🎶✨

That technology was supposed to have made our lives better, but seems to have made them worse instead by making most people redundant, or on their way to it.

I question the point of improving technology, if it's just going to put us all out of work, while society still demands that we work to justify and re-justify our existence over and over again, day in and day out, for the rest of our lives. Seeing new technology and what it can do, but living in the same old world with the same old capitalism, makes tech a lot less impressive for me, because I don't feel like it's really going to improve anything, and if it's not going to improve anything then what is there really to get interested in and excited about it? Just more novelty toys for people who already won the game to play with, while the rest of us fall further and further behind where we used to be. It's like the people in charge don't understand that having a strong, robust middle class - not billionaires - was what made modern countries functional and healthy in the first place.

You could say that the only reason the middle class existed at all, was due to inefficiencies in technology - we still just needed more people doing the work that machines now do. Then technology got better, and we needed less humans working than we did before. But the problem is, having that middle class, due to still needing people to do the jobs that machines couldn't do yet, was what gave more people a higher quality of life than before, and that's what made this country work. Without that, what's all of this for? So a few people can get stupid rich and the rest of us can not only get nowhere, but do even worse than we were doing before? Why should the rest of us work for that?

If technology will make it so that most people are no longer NEEDED to work to produce things, but therefore can't make money, and we still demand that people make money to justify their continued existence, then maybe we should hit the brakes on technology to preserve people being needed to work to produce things. But halting and reversing human progress doesn't seem like much of an answer.

Which brings me to another thing that drives me crazy - I don't think the purpose of life is to be economically productive. I think that the purpose of life should be up to the individual to decide for themselves what their own purpose of life will be, as long as it doesn't harm anyone. And I think modern technology should have set us free to do this. Life had to be about production in the past, when resources were scarce, the science and technology to produce a surplus just wasn't there yet, and people's thinking and worldview was more violent and competitive, and less compassionate and understanding. But just because things WERE that way, doesn't mean they still need to be that way, or should be that way forever because "it's just the way it is/it's just human nature". We used to stone people as witches too, it doesn't mean that we still should, or that we ever should have back then either.

I don't think there is one singular "human nature", and I think that's part of what it means to be sentient - we don't have to operate on base instinct alone, we can choose something higher that might make no sense in the context of survival of the fittest, but it's just nicer, more civilized, and it makes life happier as a result. We can all choose our individual nature for ourselves - again, as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

It's like I was thinking, the world is getting too small for war, and technology is getting too efficient for capitalism. It's like we're trying to run a really old operating system on a new computer. Or like trying to keep eating food that's long since expired and gone hard and stale, and there's no nutritional value in it anymore. Continuing to do things in ways that we should have long outgrown, is what I feel is causing all this dysfunction, in spite of technology getting better. We need to evolve beyond competition to something else more compatible with the new world, and we need to do it yesterday.

Last edited:
Yes. A 17 year old. Best part when I tell him to do it himself I get the, “but ma your food just tastes better” I didn’t teach him this tactic he figured it out on his own. Cheeky little thing🤨
I think responses like this are just inborn in males. My 13-year old is exactly the same. 😂

Here's another of my "favorites":

How you're forced to pick what you want to do for the rest of your life, when you're too young, immature, naive, and inexperienced to really understand what anything is, what your choices really mean, and what your criteria for choosing should be.

Then you pick the wrong choice, because you're young, and don't know anything, including the way the world works, and yourself, and society is like "oh, well I guess you're screwed now, lol."

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Here's another of my "favorites":

How you're forced to pick what you want to do for the rest of your life, when you're too young, immature, naive, and inexperienced to really understand what anything is, what your choices really mean, and what your criteria for choosing should be.

Then you pick the wrong choice, because you're young, and don't know anything, including the way the world works, and yourself, and society is like "oh, well I guess you're screwed now, lol."

Thanks! :rolleyes:
I could not agree with you more on this. I changed my major so many times because I couldn't decide. Finally opted for Education for several reasons none of which make sense now. I haven't been a paid teacher in 8 years nor will I ever be one again. I may be failing my son, but I encourage him to try to live a little before he has to start making the hard choices.

Latest posts

Back