What drives you crazy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's why I like watching old TV shows where you get to see the lack of electronic devices everywhere. TVs had 10 - 12 channels tops. People actually did stuff instead of staring at their devices all day. Those shows give me a warm fuzzy feeling. How can we go back there?

Well, maybe a few countries will detonate some high altitude nukes and fry all of the electronics in the major countries. Or a nuetron blast from outer space might do it. The odds are pretty good humans will end up back in the 60s at some point again. So, I guess we can day dream about that. :)

I hear ya. But it's not so much that I dislike the technology. I'm not a Luddite. In fact, I like the pieces of tech I have. What I'm not a fan of though, is how everything else has gotten worse. It doesn't seem like much of a consolation prize that we have these mobile devices, when it's harder to live what used to be a normal life. I'd rather have not had the mobile devices, but been able to live like we did in the 90s, to that standard of living. I'd rather have normal prices of things, and a salary that kept up with, and stayed ahead of it, out of the understanding that to have a functional society you have to let people have lives. That's what I mean.

And I'm just mad that the future is actually worse than the past, because of upper class greed, basically. Like when we developed a middle class, that was society evolving into something better than it used to be, it was progress towards civilization. Now it seems like we're regressing back to a dark age. It's like they're taking back all the progress we made after WW2. We're losing our way.

Last edited:
People handing me a phone when i am clearly eating
Well honeysuckle like this is confusing them:
iu

- Being ill and forced to stay in bed all day.
- ppl, making a loud noise while sipping their tea
- ppl pushing their shopping cart into my back at the cashiers line
- water, that slowly drops on the windowsill outside, making that noise
- ppl, who don't let somebody finish their sentence

I think there's an app for that. Ha! ha!

I'm sure it won't work correctly like most of them. But, hey! There's an app for that!!! ;)

Actually if somebody made a delivery app that undercut the cost of other delivery apps but offered only cheap, unhealthy fast food as a randomizer, that'd be great and I would probably use it from time to time.
Hear me out on this:

"What do I want to eat?"
"I don't know."
"Survey says...Chick-fil-A."
Done. 😂(y)
You wanted a Wendy's Baconator?
Nope!
Your ass is getting waffle fries!
😂

Yeah, I was going to make a police report for some tresspassers. The online reporting system said it'll take 72 hours before a file number gets issued. Then it gets dispatched IF it qualifies. honeysuckle they'll already have stolen the items, left, and sold them before a cop comes by to check things out.
Second amendment can help with trespassers.

Plus side...at least he was honest.
I had a guy pull a gun on me in traffic. I got his tag number and called the cops. Long story short, the cop said the guy was a felon,but because a cop didn't witness a gun and I didn't have video evidence, he couldn't charge him with it. It was hear say. He could only get him with communicating threats and that's a misdemeanor.

- People who walk on the left hand side of the sidewalk here in the US. Why do they do that??? It's almost like they are trying to goad you into bumping into them.

- People who walk in groups on the sidewalk and take up the whole sidewalk. At least leave a path for the rest of us!

- People who ride their bikes on the sidewalk. (I am a big-time walker...thus my all complaints about sidewalks)

- People who talk in the quiet car on the train. Ugh! Follow the rules people!

I saw something yesterday about a list of "worst jobs" or something, and sure enough, a couple people repeated the old cliche/stereotype about accounting/accountants being boring.

And I know I've said some similar things in the past, but it's starting to annoy me. It's taken me a while to realize why that's offensive, and it's because it's such a bourgeois thing to say.

It's like, it must be nice to be able to prioritize "being interesting" for what you want in a career, instead of just "whatever makes the most money that you're capable of doing". It must be nice to have the luxury of calling others boring, because you live in such a plush, comfy fantasy world that you can think about being interesting, instead of having no choice but to be useful, or else be left to languish in misery.

Me? We were the absolute lowest you could go, while still calling ourselves "middle class", "normal-ish", and that was at the BEST of times. We had the norms of the middle class, but not the money. And we've since deteriorated from even that and been powerless to do anything about it. I look back and I kick myself that I ever complained about ANYTHING as a kid, compared to today, it was paradise (for many reasons). We weren't quite all the way in the middle class, we weren't firmly established in it like what seemed like most others around me, so I was supposed to be aspirational, I was supposed to establish myself in it. I literally couldn't afford to prioritize being interesting when it came to a career choice. I arrived at business out of thinking that, I'm better mentally than physically, and I'd prefer to avoid actual physical risk, so I'm a better fit for the professions than the trades. And that was the culture of home, school, and the community. But I wasn't so good mentally, especially with math, that I could really do STEM, so business it was, because it was the next-best-paying thing, and accounting has a reputation of safety, security, and stability, which is exactly what I needed and should have been thinking about. The problem is, I thought I could think about being interesting - but that was wrong, in the end, all that did was fresia me up. I should have known that I was NEVER in a position to think outside of the most utilitarian choice. My interests, unfortunately, don't GET to matter. What I should have been thinking about was, be an accountant or some other kind of professional - is it interesting? No, but it's better than being powerless and low-status. It's better than feeling like a victim, better than feeling like you're in life to just have to take it. It's better than absolute humiliation.

So all these people being like "oh durr hurr accountants are boring", must be nice to be you and live in a world that doesn't revolve around money...horse's asses.

And what qualifies as an "interesting" job to people anyway?

Last edited:
Now I sound like a crabby old man. I'm aware of it, but it can be hard for me to help it.

Sometimes I feel like there isn't any path that leads to me being an interesting person - just different degrees of boredom and unhappiness - and it gets me down.

People who intentionally misunderstand almost everything that's said to them. No, they didn't say that, and the fact that that was the conclusion you came to shows that you were intentionally not listening either. I also have no intention of putting myself in a conversation where I'm constantly dismissed. I'm over it.

I had a guy pull a gun on me in traffic. I got his tag number and called the cops. Long story short, the cop said the guy was a felon,but because a cop didn't witness a gun and I didn't have video evidence, he couldn't charge him with it. It was hear say. He could only get him with communicating threats and that's a misdemeanor.
It's nice how they use witnesses any way they want to at the time. Not! So, I've had this happen to me twice. Little bit of road rage. The other person / people get scared and call the cops. They say I aimed a gun at them. The cops come scretching around the corner, after a few minutes. They pull their guns on me, get out of the car, on the ground, blaaaa, blaaa, blaaa. I say I have no gun. I even allow them to search my vehicle. No gun found. So, they take the cuffs on me and I say I want to file a complaint about the others making a false police reports. The cops say I can't prove they didn't see a gun. Worthless *******!

Now I sound like a crabby old man. I'm aware of it, but it can be hard for me to help it.

Sometimes I feel like there isn't any path that leads to me being an interesting person - just different degrees of boredom and unhappiness - and it gets me down.
Some accounting is fun and exciting especially when you find mistakes that can't be explained and are actually fraud. I forgot the letters to the FTX crypto fraud thing. I typed in three different letter combinations with fraud into a search engine looking for it. All three of them were involved in some kind of fraud. Crazy! Fraud is everywhere. FTX was just a huge example. But, very basic. Audit accountants should have seen problems early on.

iu

Banks and government spending
And EVEN more government spending. Now we are giving $55 Billion to Africa.

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/int...pledges-55b-african-nations-most-are-not-free

That'll surely slow down inflation.

STOP SPENDING WASTING TAX PAYER MONEY WE DON'T HAVE. THEN INFLATION WILL SLOW DOWN.

If you raise interest rates and keep spending money then inflation will continue to go up. It has to be an attempt to harm the US economy at this point. There's no other explanation that makes sense.

Some accounting is fun and exciting especially when you find mistakes that can't be explained and are actually fraud. I forgot the letters to the FTX crypto fraud thing. I typed in three different letter combinations with fraud into a search engine looking for it. All three of them were involved in some kind of fraud. Crazy! Fraud is everywhere. FTX was just a huge example. But, very basic. Audit accountants should have seen problems early on.

iu
Looks like Bud Man...

Latest posts

Back