What drives you crazy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, basically. People for whom it's not enough to win, they have to insult everyone else too.

Makes it not fun to play the game. Unfortunately there are some games we can't opt out of, though...
Or it makes you play harder so that you can be the one gloating and talking honeysuckle.

Or it makes you play harder so that you can be the one gloating and talking ****.

I admit, I've fantasized about that. There are some people, or just some types of people, that I wish I could show up and take down.

But, that only works if you're at a similar level of ability. If someone's level of ability is greatly above your own because they were just born that way, it doesn't feel like there's much you can do.

I admit, I've fantasized about that. There are some people, or just some types of people, that I wish I could show up and take down.

But, that only works if you're at a similar level of ability. If someone's level of ability is greatly above your own because they were just born that way, it doesn't feel like there's much you can do.
There's plenty you can do. You can accept that you aren't major league material and be happy with what you were born with or you can say fresia that and do everything in your power to make yourself if not what you want to be then **** near close to it. What do I know though...I had countless opportunities that just didn't interest me and I never had an real ambition to achieve anything but a good feeling in the moment.

People who can't think for themselves.

I never fault ignorance. Everybody gets 1.
I will happily give the information to people for free because there's no point in gatekeeping knowledge unless you're the American Government or the Military out at Area 51, neither of those things I like much.
If someone doesn't know, well then they don't know. 🤷‍♂️ I can't be upset about that.🤷‍♂️
But if I give someone the information so that they then DO know, but yet choose to continue on as if they don't, okay then yes, that will drive me crazy.
At about at that point, Imma have to ask you if I can borrow that frying pan for a moment. 😂

Crazy drives me crazy.
Uh-huh. That's right. They know who they are. They won't read this either. That's fine.

Lifeeee makes me insane, okay okay doctor I will take the bloody pills.

The system of pimp swag. MAGAscrilla. Money.

I mean, on the one hand, I know how it works, and why. And it even makes sense.
I just disagree, and think that there is more to life than ONLY doing what's sensible.

We basically reward the people the most that are the best at math (with some outliers/exceptions to the rule, mixed in there - some people are rewarded for abilities that don't have anything to do with math). Because math seems to be how things operate - computers and other machines, how to allocate resources, how physics works, how to build things, etc. So the more math-y you are, the more you can do the stuff which advances science, and builds the world. I get that.

But what if...I don't know, unicycling was considered the most valuable thing in the world?
The top unicyclers would be our kings. Women would throw themselves at a man with a unicycle.

It still seems arbitrary. I get that advancing science is good, but the people that want to do that, tend to want to do it anyway. People shouldn't be rewarded or punished based on their ability to do that any more than they should be rewarded or punished based on their ability to unicycle.

We don't need EVERYONE to advance science. Who are we in a race with? Mars? Alpha Centauri?

I don't think there is a grand plan that we're all part of, that we all need to participate in.
I think people should be able to do what they want (as long as it isn't harmful), and be free to explore the possibilities, to find what you might be interested in...what inspires you. What makes you think and feel something.

I also don't get the professionals and tradesmen that get all mad whenever anyone questions it, like "oh why should that person get money when I work hard blah blah".
It's like, but aren't you working on the thing you want to work on anyway?
Would you really trade places with them?
If you don't like what you're working on, maybe work on something else?
If you don't like what you're working on, then why are you doing what you're doing?

As it is, if you don't come from a wealthy background, you basically have no choice but to try to fit yourself into whatever makes the most money that your brain is capable of doing - or else have fun languishing in misery.

I just don't think it's that great, futuristic, civilized, or the best we can do. I think there has to be something better.

The system of pimp swag. MAGAscrilla. Money.

I mean, on the one hand, I know how it works, and why. And it even makes sense.
I just disagree, and think that there is more to life than ONLY doing what's sensible.

We basically reward the people the most that are the best at math (with some outliers/exceptions to the rule, mixed in there - some people are rewarded for abilities that don't have anything to do with math). Because math seems to be how things operate - computers and other machines, how to allocate resources, how physics works, how to build things, etc. So the more math-y you are, the more you can do the stuff which advances science, and builds the world. I get that.

But what if...I don't know, unicycling was considered the most valuable thing in the world?
The top unicyclers would be our kings. Women would throw themselves at a man with a unicycle.

It still seems arbitrary. I get that advancing science is good, but the people that want to do that, tend to want to do it anyway. People shouldn't be rewarded or punished based on their ability to do that any more than they should be rewarded or punished based on their ability to unicycle.

We don't need EVERYONE to advance science. Who are we in a race with? Mars? Alpha Centauri?

I don't think there is a grand plan that we're all part of, that we all need to participate in.
I think people should be able to do what they want (as long as it isn't harmful), and be free to explore the possibilities, to find what you might be interested in...what inspires you. What makes you think and feel something.

I also don't get the professionals and tradesmen that get all mad whenever anyone questions it, like "oh why should that person get money when I work hard blah blah".
It's like, but aren't you working on the thing you want to work on anyway?
Would you really trade places with them?
If you don't like what you're working on, maybe work on something else?
If you don't like what you're working on, then why are you doing what you're doing?

As it is, if you don't come from a wealthy background, you basically have no choice but to try to fit yourself into whatever makes the most money that your brain is capable of doing - or else have fun languishing in misery.

I just don't think it's that great, futuristic, civilized, or the best we can do. I think there has to be something better.
You know… I just watched “shattered” on Amazon so this speaks to me, a quote was something like “you think you got all this money just because you are smart? Look down there, theres millions of people just as smart as you… looking up at you while you look down on them”.

It really spoke to me, like maybe as much as people convince themselves there should be different classes, some people who have more than others maybe its a sick system.

I wouldnt mind if for a year, maybe 2 years from 18-20 people were paid to just explore and figure out who they want to be. I think that would make for a more fairer society. I dont think it should be for life though ✨

You know… I just watched “shattered” on Amazon so this speaks to me, a quote was something like “you think you got all this money just because you are smart? Look down there, theres millions of people just as smart as you… looking up at you while you look down on them”.

It really spoke to me, like maybe as much as people convince themselves there should be different classes, some people who have more than others maybe its a sick system.

I wouldnt mind if for a year, maybe 2 years from 18-20 people were paid to just explore and figure out who they want to be. I think that would make for a more fairer society. I dont think it should be for life though ✨

When I was a kid, I wasn't "cool". But even then, I thought the whole system of "coolness"/"popularity"/the "in" crowd and "out" crowd, whatever you want to call it, seemed like a big scam that the "cool kids" were pulling on the rest of us.

I always thought, why should I buy into this? What's in it for me, to believe in it? The answer was, nothing.

I kind of (it makes a little more sense than just popularity) think money is the same way (incidentally, it was one of they key ways to be "cool", along with physical strength for the guys, and looks for the girls). Sure the system is good...for the people who just so happen to be good at, and interested in, the things that the system values the most.

I think the people on top, convince the rest of us that there should be different classes. And most people go along with it - usually as long as they aren't at the bottom-most class though. It works because it's an appeal to ego, but it only works as long as the people you're appealing to, can believe they're better than someone.

I just kind of think that, for the math/science people, yes, they're absolutely necessary, and it's good that they have something that they like doing. But to say that you can't have a good standard of living because you're not good at math and science is kind of...well, why should everyone have to be in it, or else get punished, basically? Aren't the people that are in it, in it because they want to be? And shouldn't that be good enough?

I think your plan of having a year or two to explore and figure out who you are, is a good plan.
And if it's done right, it wouldn't have to be for life, either.
Ideally you'd be able to do enough research, try enough skills, and get to know yourself, to find yourself and what's important to you, what you want to be and what you want out of life.

I just don't know what two years would be best. A lot of people aren't that mature at 18-20, heaven knows I wasn't. And sometimes people change over time, your interests and values change over time.
I know I did -
when I was a kid I was totally on board with being good at math, going into business, and getting possessions.
Then when I was a teenager and 20s, I was kind of a punk idealist. Work and offices = bad.
Now, I'm somewhere in between - I'm still an idealist but I know we don't live in an ideal world, and recognize that the Star Trek-like future isn't going to happen overnight and I don't want to miss my life waiting for it.

Sorry if I rambled!

Last edited:
When I was a kid, I wasn't "cool". But even then, I thought the whole system of "coolness"/"popularity"/the "in" crowd and "out" crowd, whatever you want to call it, seemed like a big scam that the "cool kids" were pulling on the rest of us.

I always thought, why should I buy into this? What's in it for me, to believe in it? The answer was, nothing.

I kind of (it makes a little more sense than just popularity) think money is the same way (incidentally, it was one of they key ways to be "cool", along with physical strength for the guys, and looks for the girls). Sure the system is good...for the people who just so happen to be good at, and interested in, the things that the system values the most.

I think the people on top, convince the rest of us that there should be different classes. And most people go along with it - usually as long as they aren't at the bottom-most class though. It works because it's an appeal to ego, but it only works as long as the people you're appealing to, can believe they're better than someone.

I just kind of think that, for the math/science people, yes, they're absolutely necessary, and it's good that they have something that they like doing. But to say that you can't have a good standard of living because you're not good at math and science is kind of...well, why should everyone have to be in it, or else get punished, basically? Aren't the people that are in it, in it because they want to be? And shouldn't that be good enough?

I think your plan of having a year or two to explore and figure out who you are, is a good plan.
And if it's done right, it wouldn't have to be for life, either.

I just don't know what two years would be best. A lot of people aren't that mature at 18-20, heaven knows I wasn't. And sometimes people change over time, your interests and values change over time.
I know I did -
when I was a kid I was totally on board with being good at math, going into business, and getting possessions.
Then when I was a teenager and 20s, I was kind of a punk idealist. Work and offices = bad.
Now, I'm somewhere in between - I'm still an idealist but I know we don't live in an ideal world, and recognize that the Star Trek-like future isn't going to happen overnight and I don't want to miss my life waiting for it.

Sorry if I rambled!
No no this is interesting, to mee.

I think the argument is, if there was no monetary way to distinguish between say a road sweep and a doctor, no one would want to be a doctor. Most people my age want to be TikTok or OF famous, because that beats anything else, monetary wise. I dont hear anyone saying I want to be a doctor ever. I am the weirdo of my friends for wanting to be a counsellor lol.

Or maybe not limiting it to age, but you have 2 years in your life, and you can only cash it in once. As truthfully not everyone is ready to find their path at any age. Some people go through crazy things, and are still expected to function.

Do you want to be successful Ska? If you could choose something to be successful in, what would it be?

Latest posts

Back