What Has Lockdown Taught You And Have You Picked Up Anything Positive From It?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started learning Turkish during the lockdown and I'm happy I never thought I would have time to study another language.
I'm working from home during the pandemic and that's another positive thing, I get to spend more time close to my family.
The lockdown taught me patience.

I've learned that there's almost zero difference between my life during a lockdown and my normal life.

That politicians will use any excuse to spend massive amounts of money they don't have. Politicians can and do force businesses to become insolvent while giving government money to their friends, themselves, and other businesses based on personal feelings.

That most people are either sheep or conspiracy theorists. Other than that, nothing, since I worked at home before the pandemic started. Hit my kid quite hard though and he's really struggling.

TheRealCallie said:
That most people are either sheep or conspiracy theorists.  Other than that, nothing, since I worked at home before the pandemic started.  Hit my kid quite hard though and he's really struggling.

Why did you hit your kid hard?  ;)

Forgottendanfan said:
TheRealCallie said:
That most people are either sheep or conspiracy theorists.  Other than that, nothing, since I worked at home before the pandemic started.  Hit my kid quite hard though and he's really struggling.

Why did you hit your kid hard?  ;)

That is both funny and sad all at the same time..... (and no, I won't explain)

I worked form home, my kid was at home-education, so nothing really changed as we still could go out to the street. May be now I feel more than before, that life is for living, not for avoiding a death by any means.

and
The goverment can easily close me at home or adopt any stupid law, the boss can cut my salary or fire me.
Snow burns(officially they close the parks because of the fire risk. Beware of the burning snow and puddles!))

And the pandemic in general taught me that everything is real: the parks are closed while the bars are open; the virus go in one direction and don't go in another; the older people get food for the vacination.

Forgottendanfan said:
I've learned that there's almost zero difference between my life during a lockdown and my normal life.

^This, mostly. It's a bummer that I haven't seen my friends but I have had more time to think about my life.

Lockdown hasn't really taught me anything, other than to reinforce my thoughts that working from home is possible, and desirable.

Have I picked up anything positive?

Well, I've managed to:

- not drink alcohol in over a year, avoiding lots of empty calories
- make sure I drink enough water every day
- run and do ab exercises every other day fairly consistently
- picked up 2 Microsoft certificates and working on a third (though this one is a lot harder)
- get a head start on keeping the yard clean and staying ahead of the weeds
- working on getting a better sleep schedule

So, I guess it's not perfect, but it's something.

TheSkaFish said:
Forgottendanfan said:

^This, mostly.  It's a bummer that I haven't seen my friends but I have had more time to think about my life.

Lockdown hasn't really taught me anything, other than to reinforce my thoughts that working from home is possible, and desirable. 

Well, I've managed to:

- picked up 2 Microsoft certificates and working on a third (though this one is a lot harder)

I think those things are definite positives. Good for you!

I brushed up on some anthropology, dieted, gamed, and tried to avoid the Hell that has been my job for the last month. The good news is, work is getting better.

TheSkaFish said:
Forgottendanfan said:

^This, mostly.  It's a bummer that I haven't seen my friends but I have had more time to think about my life.

Well, I've managed to:

congrats! all seems like positive changes, you should be proud  :D

I changed a LOT during lockdown, felt like it was my wake up call in realising that having people who aren't good to you in your life isn't worth it so that you're not alone. I also made major metal health growth and learnt a BUNCH about myself  :p

Pandemic or lock down
  • made me go back to basics on a lot of things, to take things slow
  • showed that I don't really need to be in my office to get work done lol
  • made me realise how much more I've missed of being around my family when I'm working in the office full time before this
  • bonded me and my family in ways it wouldn't have otherwise; I've grown much closer to my nephew too
  • showed how much my mother has aged and slowed down over this time
  • made me pick up painting, and dance - two of the things I never imagined I'd do and I actually enjoy them
  • gave me the anti-social space I needed to heal and recover, emotionally, mentally and physically
  • made me realise the importance of being there (in person) for people on certain occasions e.g. I couldn't be there for my bestie when she was giving birth to her first babygirl, we've talked about it before and I wanted to be around and get to see or maybe even hold the baby when she arrived

That this world truly is just lost.

There's nothing I want from it, anymore.

As far as lockdown, it was nothing new to me, as I'd already been living reclusive.

When I wanted to go out, I went out.

It's beyond me how people actually stayed in their houses against their will for a year.

Positive Things During Lockdown
~I've been keeping myself healthy.
~Getting into new hobbies.
~Back into art and creative writing
~Reading a lot more.
~Drinking water every day.
~Keeping a good sleeping schedule.
~Found new Gaming Friends on Steam.
~Got back in touch with old friends. :)

Latest posts

Back