What I want from 2023

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol hmm…thats just what someone who wants to know me would say… well that and constantly try to engage with me… good thing you aren’t doing the latter as people would start to talk… 👀😄

I don't know what you mean here.

Good for you! I write resolutions and long term plans too. Hope yours are going well.

Here are some of them:
1. pay off my credit card.
2. Get better at astrophotography.
3. Be more proactively guarding my mental health & wellness
4. Protect and defend what is important to me...not letting people walk over me.
5. Not fearing mistakes...taking more chances.
6. Take time off when I need to and unapologetically doing more things I enjoy
plus a few personal projects I wish to complete this year. Yours?

Here are some of them:
1. pay off my credit card.
2. Get better at astrophotography.
3. Be more proactively guarding my mental health & wellness
4. Protect and defend what is important to me...not letting people walk over me.
5. Not fearing mistakes...taking more chances.
6. Take time off when I need to and unapologetically doing more things I enjoy
plus a few personal projects I wish to complete this year. Yours?
I love this its beautiful

1.finish redecorating my house
2. Do my last 2 photoshoots this year
3. Be more giving to others and show them my positivity.
4. Buy a business (i really want to buy a b&b) 😅🙈

- Less booze. Much less.
- Get my waistline down to 33" -- but try to stay the same weight.
- Getting my place in better shape and get back to doing household chores regularly
- Get my rowing machine fixed

I love this its beautiful

1.finish redecorating my house
2. Do my last 2 photoshoots this year
3. Be more giving to others and show them my positivity.
4. Buy a business (i really want to buy a b&b) 😅🙈
Wow, you can afford a b&b? Good for you!

To escape this awful old man life. Disappear.
Ok, I checked your age, and if it's true, then I don't know what you're going on about being old. I'm almost 56. I started working on my physical and mental health two years ago and I've very much changed both for the better. It takes discipline and dedication to the objective, but it's something to occupy oneself, assists in distracting from challenges one faces, and the benefits are so positive in many ways. I started slowly and gently and built up to being fitter that I have ever been since I was about 21. You can do it if you choose to.

Ok, I checked your age, and if it's true, then I don't know what you're going on about being old. I'm almost 56. I started working on my physical and mental health two years ago and I've very much changed both for the better. It takes discipline and dedication to the objective, but it's something to occupy oneself, assists in distracting from challenges one faces, and the benefits are so positive in many ways. I started slowly and gently and built up to being fitter that I have ever been since I was about 21. You can do it if you choose to.
I'm in shape, that isn't the issue. I missed out on just about everything people do in their 20s. A middle aged man who has never been on a date or had a social circle.

I want my 20s back, basically. I quite literally don't have any memories of a youth and nothing I do now will compensate.

Last edited:
@ardour I guess you could dwell on missing out. I did that for a long time. It's a pointless exercise. "Compensating" isn't how you should look at it. Just find a way to enjoy what you can now. At your age, staying fit and healthy, you can look forward to MANY more years of life, and accepting that, you can decide to work on you inner self that can completely reverse the situation you had previously.

@ardour I guess you could dwell on missing out. I did that for a long time. It's a pointless exercise. "Compensating" isn't how you should look at it. Just find a way to enjoy what you can now. At your age, staying fit and healthy, you can look forward to MANY more years of life, and accepting that, you can decide to work on you inner self that can completely reverse the situation you had previously.
You must have noticed people slowing down, not willing to try new things... how difficult it is to get them to do anything. Most of the people around me aren't in good mental shape either.

Last edited:
You must have noticed people slowing down, not willing to try new things... how difficult it is to get them to do anything. Most of the people around me aren't in good mental shape either.
Of course I notice. They make all sorts of excuses for their life. You think I'm here because my mental health was sound? Excepting those who are seriously mentally ill, where they can't even function effectively enough to even communicate coherently with a fellow human being, there isn't much preventing people giving it a go. Personally, I'm not attempting to get anyone to do anything. I only provide ideas, options, alternatives that may assist their lives.

Of course I notice. They make all sorts of excuses for their life. You think I'm here because my mental health was sound? Excepting those who are seriously mentally ill, where they can't even function effectively enough to even communicate coherently with a fellow human being, there isn't much preventing people giving it a go. Personally, I'm not attempting to get anyone to do anything. I only provide ideas, options, alternatives that may assist their lives.
Not wanting to labour the point here but what I meant was there's nobody to do anything with, hence not being able to recreate experiences now. I'm surrounded by the cast of Coronation Street.

I'm in shape, that isn't the issue. I missed out on just about everything people do in their 20s. A middle aged man who has never been on a date or had a social circle.

I want my 20s back, basically. I quite literally don't have any memories of a youth and nothing I do now will compensate.

I'm starting to feel that way myself lately.

I want not just my 20s, but my teens back too. And maybe even my childhood as well.

Also, while I really didn't have that much quantity of bullying, it was more of the "quality" - the few people that had it in for me had it in for me intensely because I was not like them and did not, could not fit in. Basically I wish I'd taken advantage of the free gym in high school, got big, and knocked their f'ing teeth out, and to hell with the consequences. I was too hung up on being nice because that was drilled into my head, but sometimes, you have to be mean. With some people it's exactly what they deserve.

I wasted a lot of my youth on germophobia, various other fears, anti-capitalist rants, despair, feeling like a powerless victim of bad luck, just stuff that really wasn't doing anything to help me get what I really wanted in life.

Focusing on all the wrong stuff, and not enough on the right stuff - careers, cars, clothes, some kind of skilled interest, bands and culture, imagination/creativity, lifting, etc.

I mean, do I like/agree with capitalism, Darwinian competition, hierarchies etc.? No, I hate it.
But it's more important to me to enjoy my life.
People want people that have cool skills and ideas, not the guy that rants about political and economic bs.
That only makes you "that guy" that "I bet you're a lot of fun at parties", and that's not a good thing to be.

I hope it's not too late to turn the ship around.

Last edited:

#metoo

Not wanting to labour the point here but what I meant was there's nobody to do anything with, hence not being able to recreate experiences now. I'm surrounded by the cast of Coronation Street.
So no social activity clubs in the region? Nothing that you can join to meet people who have an interest you enjoy? If it’s that bad, move to where there is.

I guess you have an excuse why you can’t.

Latest posts

Back