What I want from 2023

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So no social activity clubs in the region? Nothing that you can join to meet people who have an interest you enjoy? If it’s that bad, move to where there is.

I guess you have an excuse why you can’t.
I’ve said this all before on the forum. I’ve been going to hobby and social meetups for years now. The people living the kind of active lives I’d want are a lot younger, mostly in their 20s. That’s okay while I still look youngish but very soon I won’t be able to socialize with them without it looking creepy. I’ve already aged out of the 20s and 30s social meetups, so that avenue for meeting people is closed.

My age group are more often slovenly drunks who do nothing. I've tried over and over with them. No interests and never any follow through with any plans despite a lot of statements about being "mates." If pointing this out is interpreted as "excuses" so be it.

Last edited:
@ardour find new people.

Of course it’s an excuse. We ALL make excuses. We don’t like our thinking being challenged. Some things are just hard to achieve but if something is worth obtaining then you can always find a way. Depends how bad we want it. It’s easy to tell ourselves we don’t want it THAT bad and then we come on forums like this and share our miserable lives. I guess you have to ask yourself how badly you want friends to interact with and compensate for a lost life.

@ardour find new people.

Of course it’s an excuse. We ALL make excuses. We don’t like our thinking being challenged. Some things are just hard to achieve but if something is worth obtaining then you can always find a way. Depends how bad we want it. It’s easy to tell ourselves we don’t want it THAT bad and then we come on forums like this and share our miserable lives. I guess you have to ask yourself how badly you want friends to interact with and compensate for a lost life.
Okay. Thanks for your thoughts.

Latest posts

Back