What is a single shot from a film that legitimately scared you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, the original "When A Stranger Calls.." from 1979.. the entire movie was good. There's a scene later in the movie with the killer - Kurt Duncan, it's one of the best scenes in the movie, he's standing in front of the mirror, and he breaks down - showing him coming to terms with how remarkably insane he truly is..

"The Entity" Probably takes the cake in terms of scaring the every-living honeysuckle out of me. I saw it for the 1st time - alone and like 2-3AM - as a teenager, I didn't sleep until the next day after my dad came home from work. The trailer doesn't do it justice, at all.

Also, "In The Mouth Of Madness" a fantastic movie, that has a lot of truth in it in terms of propaganda, and extremely well played by Sam Neill - the ending scene where his laughter turns into horrifying tears.. gets me every time. The message behind the movie was very well-done.

Last edited:
The summo-verminoth from "Solo: A Star Wars Story" - the big space monster with tentacles tingling with electricity, living near the Maw. That thing is hands-down the creepiest thing in Star Wars, and possibly the creepiest thing I've seen on film.

The scene from "The Exorcist" where Regan transforms into the Gargoyle form of the demon while Merrin and Karras are performing the exorcism. Nothing will ever be scarier than that. To me, anyway.

Latest posts

Back