What is the difference between losing a loved one in death and people/friends/family/loved ones leaving your life and never coming back?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
?_?

Because I just realized that I'm never gonna see some of my best friends again šŸ˜¢

I'm so sad and crying rn just thinking about it. I have so many friends that i miss even some people i barely know, it's painful just thinking about it. i think that ultimately there is no difference in losing a loved one in death or having your loved ones leave you and never coming back, the only thing is in death you feel it sooner. it sucks. it's like my friends that ill never see again are dead you know? fresia.

thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Either way really sucks. But, when someone dies you know that are not choosing to avoid you. If they are still alive it can feel worse because they don't want to be around you for whatever reason.

The situations are completely different. When someone dies, it's done, you'll never have another chance to talk to them or see them again.

You still have those chances with someone who leaves, if you want them. You can still try to make amends or resolve whatever issues caused them to leave. If they are just ********, you can learn from it so you don't go through it again.

They left involuntarily.
Not everyone who dies leaves involuntarily.....

?_?

Because I just realized that I'm never gonna see some of my best friends again šŸ˜¢

I'm so sad and crying rn just thinking about it. I have so many friends that i miss even some people i barely know, it's painful just thinking about it. i think that ultimately there is no difference in losing a loved one in death or having your loved ones leave you and never coming back, the only thing is in death you feel it sooner. it sucks. it's like my friends that ill never see again are dead you know? fresia.

thanks for reading.
First off, I'm sorry for your loss losing people you have truly connected with does crazy things to your psyche. It has bin four years Since the death of my 21-year-old baby brother after he passed away It made me go further into suicidal depression and pushed my mental condition to the breaking point Every night I would hear things calling out to me telling me to "take my life to join your brother" and also torturing me saying " we have your brother here with us come see what we are doing to him" so I am glad that your here because that means you haven't given up yet. It took me four long years of psychological therapy, medication and self-reflection to finally be at peace with the death of my brother. But to also share with what you said that there is no difference if someone leaves you or dies there's a big difference my mother left me at a young age so did my father, I was able to reconcile with them long after they left me with someone who has passed on it takes a lifetime to reconnect depending on what you believe in reincarnation or not. When my brother died it was due to an overdose that day he called me and wanted me to come hang out with him before he was sent to prison long story short my brother was a drug dealer and I was clean for years and I didn't want to relapse so I told him I couldn't come that night I felt something was wrong and later on it was confirmed my uncle who I never talked to knocked on my door and told me my brother had passed away and my mother still to this day visits his grave every day and arranges flowers for my brother but she won't spend even a hour with me so everyone deals with grief in their own way I'm just glad that you are still around to talk about your hang in there and if you ever need someone to talk to I am here to listen.

I think that I am only going to echo what has already been said above on this one, but let me try and put it another way from my own personal experience.

There was once a person that I worked with that I liked quite a lot and had a real soft spot for them. They were always friendly and warm to me, they seemed to just get me and knew what made me tick and always picked up on when I wasn't my normal happy little self and I was exactly the same way with them. Then the day came and they left their job. I thought that the friendship that we had built up over the many years of working together would continue, but no, it just suddenly stopped. I tried for years to keep some sort of connection there with them, but it was all one way from me to them and it really hurt.

The reality is, death is not the reason that they are not around me anymore, it's that they for some reason, whatever that may be, have chosen not to be around me anymore. If death was the reason, while it may be hard to come to terms with, at least there is some sort of closure as to why they are not around anymore. It's the not knowing why they have chosen not to be around me anymore, that really hurts and makes it had to find any kind of closure.

Latest posts

Back