What is your personality type?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surcruxum

Reaction score
Hi there. This is my first thread. Please be gentle with me...

There are 16 personality types overall.
Here is the link to the test=
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

It's only yes or no questions, should be fast to answer.
People with the same personality can help each other, different personalities can be asked for different opinions..

After you know your type, you can look it up on the internet to know what kind of person you are, strengths and weaknesses, etc.

If you already know your type you don't have to take the test again....
Sorry in advance if it turns out that this thread has been dicussed previously 😟
I will be surprised if there is an extrovert among us...
Anyway, have fun !

BTW, i am an ISTJ 😊

If I remember correctly, I am

ENFJ

not sure if that is evil or not

INTJ...alright.

I have done similar tests before. In general I'm very skeptical about all these internet analyses...even if the results are generally the same.

In any case I doubt these will let you decide whether you're a good or a bad person.

I guess this fits me pretty well...

- ISTP - Introvert(67%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(44%) You have distinct preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)

"ISTP Description by Marina Margaret Heiss

Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.

ISTPs are equally difficult to understand in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others. They need to be able to "spread out"--both physically and psychologically--which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. (They are generally quite comfortable, however, with being treated the same way they treat others--at least in this respect.) But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode). These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.

Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence. They tend, sometimes with good reason, to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts; part-time vocational/ technical programs can be useful to even the college-bound ISTP. In terms of careers, mechanics and any of the skilled trades are traditional choices, and those ISTPs with strong numerical as well mechanical gifts tend to do extremely well in most areas of engineering. Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way.

ISTPs with more sedate careers usually take on high-risk avocations like racing, skydiving, and motorcycling. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types.

(ISTP stands for Introvert, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving and represents individual's preferences in four dimensions characterising personality type, according to Jung's and Briggs Myers' theories of personality type.)

Functional Analysis Of The ISTP
Based on Jung’s framework of mental functions - by Joe Butt
Introverted Thinking
Thinking, the dominant function, generally keeps its opinions to itself. The inner world of introverted thinkers resembles Plato's rec room, where every untried idea runs the gauntlet of Truth. The personal or political source of the alleged fact matters little to Thinking; each tenet must stand on its own premises. Introverted thinkers focus their directives in on themselves, and would like nothing better than for others to do the same. One ISTP friend displays a poster of an orangutan with the caption, "If I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you." Suffice it to say that ISTPs are by nature free spirits.

Extraverted Sensing
Auxiliary Sensing provides Thinking with all manner of information about the physical world. ISTPs possess heightened sensory awareness. And as other SPs, ISTPs are energized by responding to their impulses. Sports appeal to many ISTPs for the sheer sensory experience.

This combination of dominant introverted thinking and auxiliary extraverted sensing results in no-nonsense realism. The uncanny troubleshooting ability which predisposes many ISTPs to hands-on diagnostics (especially with machinery and computers) or detective work is most probably rooted in this pairing.

Introverted iNtuition
Tertiary iNtuition maintains a low profile. ISTPs are prone to consult "gut feelings" that most probably arise from this function unconsciously. As with other SP types, ISTPs generally lack enthusiasm for theoretical and philosophical issues, and less for the endless discussions in which the Intuitive (especially NP) types so frequently engage.

Extraverted Feeling
The inferior (least) feeling function is extraverted and, when operative, quite visible. As with all types, the inferior function is relatively simplistic and often operates unconsciously in an all-or-nothing manner. When operative, Feeling's sensitivity and loyalty has the potential for great benefit and utter peril. It would seem that ISTPs would do well to nourish and cherish Feeling judgement, but to vigilantly supervise and protect it from predators and other catastrophes."

INTJ

Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel. While they are capable of caring deeply for others (usually a select few), and are willing to spend a great deal of time and effort on a relationship, the knowledge and self-confidence that make them so successful in other areas can suddenly abandon or mislead them in interpersonal situations.
This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals; for instance, they tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship). To complicate matters, INTJs are usually extremely private people, and can often be naturally impassive as well, which makes them easy to misread and misunderstand. Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense. :) This sometimes results in a peculiar naivete', paralleling that of many Fs -- only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

Hmm. Yup.

Hence the "Sorry in advance" part... I was an idiot for searching it from the posts, not the title :(

Surcruxum said:
Hence the "Sorry in advance" part... I was an idiot for searching it from the posts, not the title :(

It's okay! I was just letting you know where to find one in case you wanted to see what other people already said. You're not an idiot, you should not call yourself such.

Every few years I take this test and it always changes a little bit. The n/s and p/j flip flop for me.

kamya said:
Every few years I take this test and it always changes a little bit. The n/s and p/j flip flop for me.

Overall I always get the same result, but I have gotten S instead of N once or twice, and the percentages of each trait change a little every time.

I'm still an ISFJ.

ISFJ
Introvert(78%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(38%) Judging(44%)

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Oh goody, another purely academic categorizing scheme to put people in arbitrary boxes with, as opposed to going by day-to-day behavior &/or by how people see & describe themselves...

That wasn't directed at you, Sucruxum, so rest easy. It's the test itself I'm suspicious of.

According to the test, I am

INTJ​

...which is the exact same acronym I got when I was 19. Which is funny, since I've changed quite a bit since then....

MTrip said:
Oh goody, another purely academic categorizing scheme to put people in arbitrary boxes with, as opposed to going by day-to-day behavior &/or by how people see & describe themselves...

I share the sentiment, but some people really like to use personality indicators like this as a shortcut to describe themselves to others. "Want to know what I'm like? I'm an ESFP Gemini! Look it up and read all about me!"

I have a bit of an aversion to being categorized and defined, I don't like assumptions being made about me based on limited parameters. I don't fit neatly into categories, I'm too often an outlier; and that's true of everyone really. But it seems, from what I've noticed, that a part of typical human nature is to want to be categorized. (Just listen to "Harry Potter" fans talk about what Howarts house they belong in, lol.) They do it all their lives, look for labels that suit them so they can feel they belong, exhibit themselves, or just avoid having to explain themselves. (Telling people your zodiac is Cancer somehow sounds more legit to others than just claiming to possess a trait, and is a lot easier than saying you're emotional, loving, intuitive, imaginative, shrewd, cautious, protective, sympathetic, etc.) It's just a shortcut form of expression really, and people are usually eager to categorize themselves before someone else beats them to it.

Not saying I like it.

Anyway... that's my analysis for the day, lol.

Latest posts

Back