What is your weather like right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cr@p! I went out at dusk to flush and refill the birdbath with fresh water from the hose, and there's a huge wildfire burning on the northern skyline of the Dragoons! From my yard, it looks like volcanic activity, but it's wildfire... we've had no appreciable rain since monsoon season started on 6/15, and after a week of brutal heat that dry brush must be ready to go up in flames. Makes me wonder if any of these AZ fires are arson fires... I looked on the web and there are a number of fires burning statewide. I sure hope we get some rain soon, those fire crews are going to have a tough time fighting these wildfires in dry and windy conditions. ****, I didn't even know that one fire was so close, but it's moving in the opposite direction, and far enough away to not pose any immediate danger. Hope the crews contain it pronto, don't need any wildfires atop all the rest of the bullshit going on here...   :(

Turns out this wildfire is lightning-related... here are some shots of the fire which I thought might have been knocked down this morning, but the wind picked up and fueled the fire again, so we're still seeing some out-of-control flames. The night shots taken a short while ago are a bit blurry, thanks to the cheesedick Canon cam, but those lights on top are the burning mountain range, the lights below are the hick town where I live. I threw in a bonus shot of Tiger & Crackhead on the kitchen floor:

View attachment 1 View attachment 2 View attachment 3 View attachment 4

Attachments

• IMG_2846.JPG
    IMG_2846.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2849.JPG
    IMG_2849.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2851.JPG
    IMG_2851.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2822.JPG
    IMG_2822.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 5
The back of the brutal heat wave has been broken, we're back down to the upper 90s, which feels nice after that friggin' heat. Still no appreciable rain though, and this mountain range is still smoldering... maybe we'll see some rain this afternoon or evening. Sure could use it, and I checked my roof yesterday to make sure everything looks good, no leaks when the monsoon rains eventually arrive.

Yeah, these last two days in the upper 90s have been very pleasant compared to that heat wave... our wildfire is still smoldering though, no torrential downpour yet to douse the damned thing. We've had a few raindrops, and some intermittent rumbling from the clouds stacked up all around, but no heavy rain yet, which is what we need most. I'm hoping it arrives later this evening, but for now, this breeze which just picked up isn't going to help the fire crews.   :(

Rain in the forecast at last! It's only a 30% chance today, but it goes up to 60% manana, and 80% by Wednesday... I'm hoping for some torrential rains to kick off the monsoon, which is already late. But better late than never... with luck we have rain before nightfall.   :)

WOOHOO!!!

FINALLY GOT THE TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR I WANTED, IT'S RAINING CATS & DOGS OUT THERE!!!

RAIN SO LOUD ON THE METAL AWNINGS THAT I CAN HOLLER FULL-BLAST AND THE NEAREST NEIGHBORS CAN'T POSSIBLY HEAR ME!!!

fresia, I ALREADY HAVE A GODDAM LAKE IN THE YARD, LOL...

YESIREE, THIS IS WHY I LOVE ARIZONA!!! LET IT POUR, THIS DROUGHT-RIDDEN EARTH HASN'T SEEN A STORM LIKE THIS IN AWHILE!!!

RAIN SO THICK IT INTERFERES WITH VISIBILITY, EVEN AT CLOSE RANGE, LOL... CHEERS!!!   :rolleyes: 

EDIT: DIDN'T THINK TO GRAB THE CAMERA UNTIL THE TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR EASED A BIT, I WAS TOO BUSY CHECKING THE RAINFALL...   ;)

View attachment 6
View attachment 7 
View attachment 8 
View attachment 9

FINISHED, I HOPE YER GETTIN' SOAKED DOWN THERE IN PHOENIX!!!   :club:

Attachments

• IMG_2913.JPG
    IMG_2913.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2915.JPG
    IMG_2915.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2917.JPG
    IMG_2917.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2918.JPG
    IMG_2918.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_2919.JPG
    IMG_2919.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 3
Couple pics of the sunset as it developed a few minutes ago:

View attachment 1

Cooked a pot roast today with fresh onion, baby carrots & baby red potatoes... should be mighty tasty, and I'm starving too, even though I had a small green salad an hour ago (maybe a bit longer). Got some primo garlic toast too from our local Safeway bakery, they do a good job on the garlic toast... so I'm gonna have a couple of toasted slices with my pot roast, and wash everything down with a cold Diet Pepsi. Works for me! I'm off to mack, youse heroes hang loose...   :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2943.JPG
    IMG_2943.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 2
Evening rain... bring it on!!! Only problem is that the cats don't like the thunder, lol... meh, they'll live, and we need the rain that's for sure. It was hot today too, at least 105 earlier, might have gone higher, so this rain will help cool things down. Finished, I hope you're catching some of this rain down there in Phoenix! Cheers!!!   :rolleyes:

The temperature inside and outside is 23°C (73.4 F) and it should stay this way across the day. It's a weird summer this year with many colder days, I see lots of clouds. Had to wear my long-sleeved shirt for the last week or so. But not complaining, normally the summer would be unearable, haha.

Hot and somewhat humid, but it rained cats & dogs last night... we need as much rain as we can get, so every bit helps. Finished, did you catch any of that monsoonal downpour last night? That rain was LOUD on the metal awnings, lol. That's how I can tell when it's REALLY raining, the awnings make so much friggin' noise that I can't hear anything else... an IED with multiple HE (High Explosive) artillery rounds could go off down the block and I'd never hear the blast, lol.

Last night it was raining here. Before I went to bed, I was just standing on my balcony and kinda hypnotized. I love rain. :) It is raining right now too!
I hope the rain will reach you too, Sidewinder!

Sticky heat. Probably not much compared to what is normal for some folks here, but still, it's pretty bad.

I like it to stay in the 70s with breeze and no humidity. 80s is good for swimming though.

Latest posts

Back