What life lessons did you learn the hard way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My parents telling me I was going to end up in prison if I did not change my ways at age 16.I laughed and said yeah right.Learned they were right and I was wrong at age 17.

My parents telling me I was going to end up in prison if I did not change my ways at age 16.I laughed and said yeah right.Learned they were right and I was wrong at age 17.
@MandyJ

My heart goes out to you as I have a son who is incarcerated now.
He’s well beyond your years but still, having a child in prison was
never anything I wished for. His situation affects mine and is a part
of the reason why I’m here. I hope things are better for you now.

@MandyJ

My heart goes out to you as I have a son who is incarcerated now.
He’s well beyond your years but still, having a child in prison was
never anything I wished for. His situation affects mine and is a part
of the reason why I’m here. I hope things are better for you now.
it will be 2 years in March I got out.Been staying clean and in the right direction

That's great for you, Mandy! As things stand now, he won't be in long-term but
that he's there at all and this his second felony conviction, never was something
I'd ever have imagined for him as a child. I hope that if he ever goes again or for
any longer term that I'm gone from this earth before then. Good luck to you! 🤗🍀

My mum will always be so casually racist to me, no matter how hard I try to explain to her that she’s offending me and damaging me… 😔

My mum will always be so casually racist to me, no matter how hard I try to explain to her that she’s offending me and damaging me… 😔

🫂🫂🫂

She shouldn't be racist at all, but especially not to you. You don't deserve that, and that's unacceptable parenting on her behalf, there's no excuse for that.

🫂🫂🫂

She shouldn't be racist at all, but especially not to you. You don't deserve that, and that's unacceptable parenting on her behalf, there's no excuse for that.
Just makes me feel like I am not even human. No idea why I try so hard with her apexie, but thanks :(

I learned that romantic love does not exist the way that I thought it did.
Plot Twist: I survived the impact.
Thinking I should change my name to Lou. Lou Seafur.

I learned 98% of life’s lessons the hard way.
Hard Knocks University advanced studies enrollee.

Yeah, that’d be me, I guess. Still learning more.

Just remember when you're ignoring someone that loves you, you're teaching them to live without you.

Latest posts

Back