What life lessons did you learn the hard way?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest, I think I'd rather have a really nice mexican food lunch then sex.
right ... I forgot food and shelter but still

Don't allow the voice of your fears to be louder than the other voices in your head. Make sure the voice of reason, the voice of belief, the voice of confidence are all strong enough to drown it out.

Your reality is built out of your thoughts, so remember how much power you have. What you think you become, what you feel you attract, what you imagine you create.

To be honest, I think I'd rather have a really nice mexican food lunch then sex.
right ... I forgot food and shelter but still
Well, technically, since he used THEN, he wants Mexican food followed by sex.

And back on topic, I had a lot of hard life lessons in my life. Don't really feel like going into specifics here though.

I had to learn the hard way that coping skills are a trap. Oh how I wish that someone, ANYONE would have warned me about this one. I decided that I no longer had any interest in tying to be part of my peer group. Instead I got used to being alone and living as well as I can that way.

These coping skills will work for a while but it is a trap. By the time you realize that you have made your problem far, far worse, it is too late.

Do not learn to cope with these problems, you have to face them or they will come back with a vengeance later.

I had to learn the hard way that coping skills are a trap. Oh how I wish that someone, ANYONE would have warned me about this one. I decided that I no longer had any interest in tying to be part of my peer group. Instead I got used to being alone and living as well as I can that way.

These coping skills will work for a while but it is a trap. By the time you realize that you have made your problem far, far worse, it is too late.

Do not learn to cope with these problems, you have to face them or they will come back with a vengeance later.
This 100%

Last edited:
My life lesson is that I can't make people like me and cannot control what they do or say. What say you?
I disagree as I witness the world. I see people influencing and manipulating the world and their surroundings everyday. The world feels it is all about selling yourself and the other half reciprocating. Looks, money, actions, success or the car you drive... You can make them like you just as easy for you to make them hate you.

Latest posts

Back