What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Applied for two good jobs which recently opened, but that's not what made me smile... I macked a delicious plate of orange chicken on a bed of rice, and I washed it all down with cold Diet Pepsi. This was the 'InnovAsian Orange Chicken' which one can find in the freezer section at the supermarket, not the best Orange Chicken I've ever had, but pretty good considering how quick & easy it is to make. Anyway, I was hungry, and while I was macking I ripped several loud & prolonged belches, the kind that reverberated throughout the large dining room, lol. I must say, there are few things on this planet more deeply satisfying than a loud & prolonged belch... a loud & prolonged fart blast might be one of them, 10-4? No worries about etiquette, societal mores and cheesedick 'social regulations'---just pure exhilarating freedom, lol. When it comes to belching, we do things Arab-style round here, so a loud & prolonged belch is actually a compliment to the chef, who in this situation happened to be yours truly, aye?

This belching evoked a memory of 'Bubba the Cat'---a classic orange tabby who used to dwell at the ol' beach cottage in Coronado. He'd often hang out in my room while my friends and I were partying, and sometimes I'd walk up to him and say, "Here's a KISS for ya, Bubba!!!" Then I'd proceed to rip a heller loud fart blast directly in the cat's face, lol... he usually wore a grumpy or disdainful expression on his face, even when perfectly happy, but whenever I did this he would look at me with this comically disdainful expression, like, "WTF, DUDE?!?" Any other cat would've been scared off by the loud blast, but Bubba was hardcore, lol. That crazy cat was pretty funny, he was given to me by a friend who was going out to live in American Samoa, and my friend didn't want Bub to sit in quarantine for months on end... well, a year later that friend died an untimely death (at 41), so taking care of 'The Bub' became a sacred trust, since he was the last living link to an old school skateboarding friend and rock climbing partner of 25 years. Just thought I'd share that with y'all, here's a link to Bubba at the ol' beach cottage:

View attachment 4

That's a pic of a pic on the wall of one bathroom here, so bear with me, there's some glare involved and the photo is scratched, but you can see Bub's comically grumpy expression, lol... he was a good cat, but sadly, he has also been gone for a number of years. Meh, at least he lived a full life, and I reckon that's a good enough eulogy for any man or beast. If I motherfucking DIE today, at least I can tell St. Peter (or the Devil) that I lived a full life, lol. CHEERS!!!   :cool:

Edit: Speaking of the Devil, y'all know how I feel... to me, Hell is NOT the Fiery Pit described by others, it's where the Devil sadistically grins, hands you a weed whacker, and tells you to go whack tall weeds for the duration of your stay, lol. The line has to be the cheesy kind which breaks at the least provocation, or ties itself into a ******* Gordian Knot on a regular basis. The soil has to be rocky too, and in Hell, weed whacking is ONLY done while wearing shorts & flip-flops... a constant barrage of rocks & shrapnel will pepper your shins as you work your way through the weeds. Your feet & knees will catch some serious abuse too, you'll look like a ******* poster child for domestic violence, lol. Maybe smallpox & the German Measles too, ya never know about these things. So, that's my view of Hell, and I'm pretty sure the Fiery Pit would be welcome instead of endless weed whacking, AYE?   ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2990.JPG
    IMG_2990.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 4
I'm not done yet either, today was like a triple bonus day, lol. While I was in the store, I saw some guy walk past with a classic T-shirt which read:

THE MEDIA IS THE VIRUS!!!

And I gotta admit, I told that guy his shirt was right on the money, and I also said, "Good on ya for wearing it and spreading the word!!!"

He was a bit startled at first, but when he realized I backed him 100%, he smiled and walked on to spread the word even further...

I think it's important to acknowledge those who are brave enough to wear such shirts... when I wear my 2nd Amendment T-shirts, I get all kinds of compliments, especially here in Arizona where gun rights are still supported BIG-TIME.

Oh, yeah, and as a fourth bonus, I stopped to talk to a gal who works at that store, and at some point I mentioned the fraudulent piece o' trash in the White House... and some other gal nearby who looked to be a solid family-oriented person heard me and CHEERED my statement, lol.

CLASSIC INTERACTION IN THE AISLES OF THE SUPERMARKET... BUT GRASSROOTS MOVEMENTS HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE, AYE???

Okay, I'm off to my rack to catch some sleep, I had a good day today and I wanna be well-rested for tomorrow... y'all hang loose and stay outta trouble, enough of it is coming our way as it is, 10-4??? Might as well be rested and ready for it. CHEERS!!!   :cool:

I must admit it would look really strange here in suburban surrey if a bloke walked around toting a rapid firing machine gun.What do you think America would be like if all guns were banned?Would deaths occur mostly from knifes like they do here in Britain.

Just Games said:
I must admit it would look really strange here in suburban surrey if a bloke walked around toting a rapid firing machine gun.What do you think America would be like if all guns were banned?Would deaths occur mostly from knifes like they do here in Britain.

I think there would be less deaths, because guns make it easier to kill more people faster. However, I think there would still be violence. I think the hyper-competitive culture we have and all that it entails, is the real driver of the violence - guns are just how people express it. If guns were banned, angry people would just find something else to use instead. But as it gets harder and harder to do what used to be "just OK", people are going to get angrier and angrier. Until we address the underlying issue, anything else I feel is just going to be putting a band-aid on the problem.

I think that we should tone down the competitiveness at least a little bit. If someone wants to be a big star, more power to you. But I think we should make it easier to do "just OK", like it used to be. Then people wouldn't be as quick to resort to violence, because they'd feel more hopeful, but also like they have something to lose, too much to throw away on an anger outburst (that's what works for me). And they'd be under less stress, so they'd hopefully be less angry in the first place.

Just my $0.02

TheSkaFish said:
Just Games said:
I must admit it would look really strange here in suburban surrey if a bloke walked around  toting a rapid firing machine gun.What do you think America would be like if all guns were banned?Would deaths occur mostly from knifes like they do here in Britain.

I think there would be less deaths, because guns it easier to kill more people faster.  However, I think there would still be violence.  I think the hyper-competitive culture we have and all that it entails, is the real driver of the violence - guns are just how people express it.  If guns were banned, angry people would just find something else to use instead.  But as it gets harder and harder to do what used to be "just OK", people are going to get angrier and angrier.  Until we address the underlying issue, anything else I feel is just going to be putting a band-aid on the problem.

I think that we should tone down the competitiveness at least a little bit.  If someone wants to be a big star, more power to you.  But I think we should make it easier to do "just OK", like it used to be.  Then people wouldn't be as quick to resort to violence, because they'd feel more hopeful, but also like they have something to lose, too much to throw away on an anger outburst (that's what works for me).  And they'd be under less stress, so they'd hopefully be less angry in the first place.

Just my $0.02

Yea it's interesting why people actually carry guns.I just couldn't imagine doing it even if others were.I think you'd have to find some other way to defend yourself.Its like I've got a baseball bat behind my bed,though wiser now I used to grab it if I heard something downstairs.What if I had a gun,it makes you think.

Just Games said:
Yea it's interesting why people actually carry guns.I just couldn't imagine doing it even if others were.I think you'd have to find some other way to defend yourself.Its like I've got a baseball bat behind my bed,though wiser now I used to grab it if I heard something downstairs.What if I had a gun,it makes you think.

I think for some people, it's honestly self-defense. For others, it's an ego thing.

I hear you on the "what if I had a gun" part. There have definitely been some times where I've been enraged and it's a good thing I DIDN'T have a gun.

That said, I've read some unfortunate stories from time to time, where a gun and knowing how to use it might have been exactly what was necessary to avoid tragedy.

On a more lighthearted note, maybe if guns were banned though, it would be like those movies where everyone knows martial arts, and there would be huge kung fu street fights. :D

TheSkaFish said:
Just Games said:

I think for some people, it's honestly self-defense.  For others, it's an ego thing. 

I hear you on the "what if I had a gun" part.  There have definitely been some times where I've been enraged and it's a good thing I DIDN'T have a gun.

That said, I've read some unfortunate stories from time to time, where a gun and knowing how to use it might have been exactly what was necessary to avoid tragedy.

On a more lighthearted note, maybe if guns were banned though, it would be like those movies where everyone knows martial arts, and there would be huge kung fu street fights.  :D

Great idea for a film. :D

Just Games said:
What do you think America would be like if all guns were banned?

Not much different. Maybe a few people who don't know how to use guns and shouldn't have then in the first place would following along with that crap. But, the government is out of control and on a f...ing spending spree that is quickly devaluing the US dollar and retirement accounts. They are not to be trusted at all. Banning guns will just keep people from showing and sharing them openly until they are ready to use them. That's how it should be anyway. That made me smile.

When I realized that the flat tire on my truck was only because the valve core came loose. All I had to do was tighten it back up and replenish the air. Nice! Now I'm wondering who loosened it. Hmmmm.

My cat Crackhead actually LIKES carrot juice!!! Lol... crazy damfool cat!!! 

View attachment 5 

Now, carrot juice may be alright for the cat, but there are times when I gotta have something a bit stronger... like blue agave tequila, lol. Here's a shot of my all-important insulated (double-walled stainless steel) Margarita glass, which sits next to the catnip jar on the kitchen counter. 

View attachment 6

CHEERS!!!   :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_3284.JPG
    IMG_3284.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3413.JPG
    IMG_3413.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 3
Haha, Crackhead is a New Age Cat, into health food & enzyme nutrition... when it comes to chasing varmints, he only goes after certified organic rodents!   ;) 

Didja like my classic Margarita glass? Bought it right here in Arizona... same way I bought my Tombstone hip flask for the rodeo!  :cool: 

Edit: Here's the hip flask, it works great for smuggling booze into the rodeo, don't have to pay the whorehouse prices at the mobile bars & arena saloons that way, lol.   :rolleyes:

View attachment 7 

Cheers!!!   :)

Attachments

• IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 5
Yes, with one 'L'---perfect, since I seem to be on permanent vacation. Hey, I just stumbled across this ridiculous video, but it's still pretty funny, I like the 'First Self-Righteous Church!' BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Enjoy!!!  ;)

[video=youtube]

Sidewinder said:
Yes, with one 'L'---perfect, since I seem to be on permanent vacation. Hey, I just stumbled across this ridiculous video, but it's still pretty funny, I like the 'First Self-Righteous Church!' BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Enjoy!!!  ;)

[video=youtube]

Cool!!

I'm really enjoying 'watermelon season' this year, I just had a big ol' slice of juicy watermelon for breakfast... first course, that is, I'll have something more substantial later. It sure is nice to sit on the view deck on these cool high desert mornings and enjoy this natural goodness, with every bite full of flavor. Seems like the watermelon crop is excellent this year, I've been buying large watermelons on sale at $2 a pop, and each one lasts about a week in my fridge when stored properly with plastic wrap over the cut to prevent oxidation. Not a bad deal... I'm the kinda guy that looks for bargains too, so this 2-month/2-dollar watermelon binge has been a bonanza, lol. Alright, enough raving about watermelons for today, back to the view deck before the temperature starts creeping upward. Cheers!!!   :cool:

Latest posts

Back