What made you smile today?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last two times I went for a run - today and another day last week - I saw a big red-tailed hawk. I'm not sure if it was the same one, or a different one each time. The first time, I saw the hawk sailing over my head and I could clearly make out the red feathers. Today I saw a hawk flying around at the tree-top level.

In 2020 I barely saw any hawks at all, so I'm glad to see them back again 🦅

Oh PS - I also saw an air duel between another hawk, and two crows earlier today while on the road. I looked it up and apparently it's a tactic crows use - when it's one crow vs one hawk, the hawk has the advantage. But when it's two crows vs one hawk, the advantage goes to the crows. That's the second time I've seen a hawk vs two crows air battle.

I've been glad to see the fireflies starting their season. Like the flowers, and the cottonwood trees, everything seems a little late this year. But I'm relieved to see that we're still getting them. I was starting to get worried we wouldn't get any at all, and I always look forward to seeing them every year.

A juvenile crow flopped out on our fence. He's been sitting there squawking and waiting for his parents to come back and I guess he got sick of waiting, so decided to have a nap. I've never seen a crow sit like this, haha. A few minutes later, his mum came back with food and he was very happy.

Attachments

• Crow taking a nap.JPG
    Crow taking a nap.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 3
Some kids outside my window were just singing the “Happy Birthday” song to someone... and this little boy was screaming it out off the top of his lungs literally from the bottom of his heart ....put all he had in it... made me smile. Only kids can do that

Remembering an old stand up comic bit. "boys will fresia you up but girls are fresia-ed up"

It means a boy will beat you and steal your honeysuckle but a girl will psychologically destroy you.

Latest posts

Back