What makes you happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

Staying with my family keeps me happy .
But i have to go abroad for work soon and i cant take everyone with me because its too expensive .
Therefore i am once again sad and depressed .
I might only get to see them for 60 days vacation when i am back from work .
For some people like me these are all the only options .

Also my life sucks .

If i have to stay with my family , there is another option though . Be good at SAP accounting and find a good job here in India itself .

But to be good at SAP , i really have to practice on that software a lot .

1 more year of practice from today would make me good at SAP , i don't think i have that sort of time with me nowadays .

Therefore i am once again sad and depressed

any time spent with my dogs
a good day at work = working by myself on one of the few non-sucky factory jobs, or working with nice people regardless of the job.
*more than that... payday
hanging out with my nieces and nephews
a partly cloudy day where the temp doesn't go above 70, and there's a nice breeze
*but better than that... a lazy day at home watching the snow fall while I cuddle with my dogs
a good night of sleep (probably not getting that tonight... sigh)
when I get up on time and have time to get coffee from my favorite place to take with me to work.
losing track of time because the book I was reading was just too good
seeing a person's reaction when you give them something they really like
when the sky is so beautiful it looks like a painting
visiting friends on my days off
killing zombies with my nephew
building a computer with my oldest nephew
doing a jigsaw puzzle with my sister while we watch something on netflix and drink wine

I could think of more... but sleep IS on the list. ;)

Tranquility~
Houseflies that are crawling over my skin~ I also like to watch how they clean themselves, so cute~!
My own thoughts~
Music~
To discover small details~
Nice warm lunch~
Watching my favorite cartoon~
Cuddling my plushies~
The smell of nature, of trees and freshly mown lawn~
Strangers saying "hello" to me~
Putting the feet in water (in a pond for example)~ Imagine you would discover a fin, sticking out of the water, just like that and remaining at the same spot for a longer time. It would be strange, right? This is probably how fishes feel when they see human feet underwater, haha.

On the average every day type of a deal?
When the stars align and my bills are paid, and I have zero drama being brought to me by family and/or friends and/or coworkers, and I still have money left over after my bills are paid.

The biggest factor here are variables of others, hence "when the stars align." I mostly only socialize IRL out of necessity. If I didn't have to for resources, I wouldn't. I'm more of a rhetorical information kind of a guy, a hobby study found in the reference section of the library cross-referencing antiquity to modernity to formulate better comprehension. It started as a therapeutic practice, but over time kind of became a cheap replacement hobby catering to my minimalism allowing me to capitalize more efficiently off of the meager salaries allotted to blue collar workers. I'm wildly creative, as an adult my creativity simply just was reapplied to my personal, internal drive for survival as an outlet. The microcosm seems more practical to me than the macrocosm, easier to manage, less variables in factors of other people.

A friend of mine said that I'm very much in the "get off my lawn" era of my life. Hahaha.

iu

may as well ask a starving person in a third world country what their favorite food is. such a question is only relevant if one is actually capable of achieving what would make them happy. the foundation of true happiness are relationships so those of us forced out of the relationship pool are going to have a truly miserable, lonely, meaningless existence for our entire time on this planet.

Finished said:
Not working. Ha! ha!

Finished I'm glad it makes you happy but I'm afraid I would be bored shirtless if I gave up work.I know two people who gave up early..one's bored and know she's made a big mistake and wants back in ,the other rings me while I'm working with allsorts of daft proposals but sais he's happy pottering around the house with his hobbies but his wife sais otherwise. I'd miss the structure, getting the van ready,equipment, chatting with customers, my job I really love too it was one of my hobbies as a kid.I think I'd have to even keep part time working when I'm well past pensionable age.

Do you ever miss it or are you totally content ?

I never ever miss working. Ever! Ha! ha! I thought I might as some point. But, I never have. I'm also very glad not to have to deal with all the BS games that get played, the co-workers, and the bosses. Even though I always did great work I was never passionate about doing it. I would watch others, even the honeysuckle workers who didn't seem to care about their work, get quite passionate about it sometimes. But, to me, work always got in the way of my life. I've always had way more hobbies and extra activities then I've had time to work on them. Some make money. Some are just for fun. I like to do what I want to do when I want to do it. I also don't need or want someone else to tell me what to do. I'm self motivated. I also enjoy traveling around and exploring. Even now, my list of to do stuff is so full I'm basically working full time and that's with not working for over a decade. I don't ever see completing my list either as it continually grows.

Besides all of that I sure appreciate not having to drive in rush hour traffic, which continually gets worse here. There are multiple care accidents every day here. Since I don't encounter people very often now, I don't even have to comb my hair, where deodorant, or put on cologne. If I do encounter someone I don't care what they think of me now. Screw them. Ha! ha!

However, the one thing that has always concerned me is health care. I haven't had health insurance for more then a decade. I make too much money for public health care. But, not enough for Obama Care. I'm a veteran. But, I have too many assets to get care at the VA. So, I'm hoping that I don't get seriously ill until I make it to age 65 and get medicare. It does make me mad that so many people are being subsidized almost 100% for their medical care especially the foreigners who have never contributed to society. Now, families are getting "free" government money for each kid they have even if they don't need it. WTF is that? But, I don't even get a dollar towards my health care costs. So, I don't see doctors. Maybe that's why I'm never sick. Ha! ha!

The woods.
Waterfalls and small creeks.
Wildlife.
Writing
Small children.
Any day without arguments at home.
Having all the bills paid.

Honestly, I don't know what makes me happy anymore.

The things that used to work as a kid, only work so well now. I still like them, but it's not the cure-all that it used to be. They're more like side interests now.

I guess what WOULD make me happy is finding out definitive proof that there's something I can be successful at.

And, if I were to have high quality ideas for something.

Getting meaningful, significant results at something makes me happy. Doing something well makes me happy, I guess.

Latest posts

Back