What Movie Would You Show a Person Who's Never Seen a Movie?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you elaborate on the question? Like, does the person have an awareness of television, movies and the outside world?

Sure, let's see - they're aware of the outside world but only a little bit. And not aware of television or movies.
So, you would be introducing them to the experience of movies.
What would you choose?

Sure, let's see - they're aware of the outside world but only a little bit. And not aware of television or movies.
So, you would be introducing them to the experience of movies.
What would you choose?
Inception obviously lol. That should give them a complete understanding of movies and the outside world.

So I was watching "Star Trek: Enterprise" last week, and the episode I was watching had a situation where one of the crew is trying to teach an alien different aspects of culture, like reading, music, and things like that. Eventually he decides to show the alien a movie, when hearing that they've never seen a movie before. He has a hard time deciding what movie to show someone, who has never seen a movie before. Ultimately, he decides on "The Day The Earth Stood Still".

It got me thinking, that's a really good question - what movie would I show a person who's never seen a movie before?

What one movie, most captures the essence of the experience of watching a movie?

The knee-jerk reaction would be for me to show such a person "Star Wars" as their first movie, but I don't know - that type of movie might not resonate with everyone. I really don't know what movie I would start with.

How about you?
What movie, would you show a person who's never seen a movie before?

Or, alternatively, what was your first movie?

(serious answers please!)
Dirty Dancing 💃🕺 or Westside Story

Latest posts

Back