What music do you listen to while depressed?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all due respect to the other posters, THEY ARE ALL WRONG. When you're depressed, there is only one thing you should be listening to ... comedy albums! Richard Pryor, Mitch Hedberg, Louis CK, Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope: these are the guys who will get you out of a slump. If you're depressed and listen to depressing music, you're being a little self-indulgent. If you're depressed and listening to happy music, then you'll most likely be thinking "all happiness is fake", etc.: the best thing to do is to listen to other people tell jokes. The reasons are - a.) you're concentrating on something outside your head, and b.) laughter releases good chemicals.

All I'm saying is, just try it ... Doug Stanhope says that comedy is to help with depression, which is why comedy is so popular in cold countries like Britain ... in Hawaii, "people are already smiling ..."

I listen mostly to Bright Eyes,Elliott Smith and some Swedish singer-songwriters. Their music is not necessarily depressing but I have associated some memories to alot of those albums.

Im a bit ashamed to admit,but sometimes I listen to Celine Dion and weep like a baby:p

I like to listen to Mostly Autumn. Their lyrics are very warm, and quite beautiful. Nice to listen to when you're in that mood ^^

I don't know if me feeling miserable ever leads me to choose a particular category of music from the norm. I just listen to whatever.

Right now I'm listening to a Sade mp3 compilation of about 40 songs. I love her works to death. "War of the Hearts" is on now.

I like to listen to Booka Shade,In white rooms. But basically I dont have any particular music I listen to when Im depressed,I just put on something a bit upbeat and make sure the volume is turned up nice and loud! :)

charlie said:
I listen mostly to Bright Eyes,Elliott Smith and some Swedish singer-songwriters. Their music is not necessarily depressing but I have associated some memories to alot of those albums.

Im a bit ashamed to admit,but sometimes I listen to Celine Dion and weep like a baby:p

bright eyes! nice
and dont feel bad about mrs. dion....serioulsy....mariah carey...."always be my baby".....then i crawl up in a ball and bawl till i cant bawl anymore. (like yours charlie it has sentimental reasoning....awww , 8th grade dance....blahww)

Here is a list of bands I listen to.

*Sterbend
*Nocturnal Depression
*Trist
*Silencer
*Bilskirnir

Yep, think I'm done.

i listen to Twilight Singers or Afghan Whigs - anything where Greg Dulli is involved.. I guess it should only make things worst because their lyrics are so dark.. But I feel a little better when I hear that other people feel what I feel...

Latest posts

Back