What romantic things are women known for?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xephier102

Reaction score
I was thinking to myself the other day, and it occurred to me that although women are typically seen as the emotional, romantic, empathetic caregivers, I can't even think of anything romantic that women are known for in the mainstream.

I'm not just talking about one situational case (you, your brothers GF, a friend of a freind .etc), but anything they're actually known for, to give them that rep. They have lots of romantic stuff done for them, but as best I can recall, it's not like women are typically out there trying to romance men.

They do like to be romanced but it's not like they should gain any positive rep from that, besides being lazy, and entitled.

Though I'm not actually trying to lay offense to women with this thread, I'm just attempting to either uncover, or understand this apparent misconception.

To be honest I can't think of anything worse than being romanced by a woman, it'd be kinda creepy innit?

To be honest I can't think of anything worse than being romanced by a woman, it'd be kinda creepy innit?
Now read back what you just said, to yourself, and tell me in the retrospect, that it doesn't seem just a tad sexist? Like saying that women should stay in the kitchen, wear dresses, be more 'lady-like'.

I mean, are we really still living in the early 1900s? Cuz that's what it seems like sometimes..

Though I will admit, to picture it, sadly, the concept does seem out of place.. it shouldn't though.. why should the men have to do all the work; the women are perfectly capable.

Well done, I'd love to be able to make my own.

I discovered M&S's ' best ever ' at the weekend and am totally hooked,

Cushions, scented candles, bath bombs, cooking fancy candlelit meals, nice dresses, heels, lingerie, white weddings, picnics, massages, date nights, matching pajama photos, ice skating hand in hand, movie nights.
If it were left to men how much romance would there be?
Romance exists because of women.

Thinking further about it... I suppose the purpose of the mating game/ romantic ritual is procreation. The female needs to attract the best possible genes and needs the male to make a commitment to sticking around until the offspring is weaned? We don't need the male to donate sperm and disappear but to fall asleep afterwards and protect us from wolves and bears and then if his seed is good to provide and protect.
It's probably all in the tiny reptile brain... the dresses, lipstick, dancing, protein rich foods, massage. Most of that's redundant now except for the trad cats and who knows what they're thinking.

Commercial romance is overrated. It's so canned. I don't like the whole guilt push to buy chocolates, flowers, cards, especially expensive trinkets for certain occasions.
The trick is to do things when they're most needed. Someone's had a hard time, day. Think of what makes them feel better. That's better romance. True romance is more personal.

My dad was more traditionally romantic. Very Italian. Made overtures, would hire a band or a singing gram for people. Also the small things. Did spontaneous things for my Mom. She loved horses. He'd see something horse-related and pick it up for her, no occasion. He liked dancing, romancing.
They were married over 50 years until my mom died.

... it's not like women are typically out there trying to romance men.

Here is my take: Men and women are different so women do 'romance' differently 😍 women romance men by flirting 😘 Flirting can be done by many ways .. all depends on the target ❤

Last edited:
Before I dig my own grave, these are generalisations based upon my experiences, and are not representative of all women.

So with that disclaimer our of the way, let the chauvinism begin.

Women romance guys in different ways. We're supposed to notice the hair, make-up and the alluring scent. However, we probably do get it when she cooks something fine or particularly special. If we're lucky, she will be attentive to our conversation and laugh at our jokes, despite them either not being funny or understood. Sometimes too, we might receive a soothing touch, which is not always sexual. But you know when you have found a keeper, if she buys you tools for Christmas, and doesn't complain when you subsequently disappear into the Man Cave, with the tools, all day.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1428311270018.jpg
    FB_IMG_1428311270018.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 10
and doesn't complain when you subsequently disappear into the Man Cave, with the tools, all day.
So in other words, when she doesn't tear you a new one for taking time to yourself and not making everything about her?

Man relationships are one sided in terms of the effort put in..

Female 'romance' is the woman taking care of herself (hair, makeup, clothes .etc). Male romance is him taking care of her (dates, chocolates .etc)..

The largest amount of selfless effort put out by her is to stick her chest out and talk sexy when she sees a man she wants (most likely due to looks). Or buy him tools when she wants some time to herself. How romantic..

Well, what do you want, and have you ever told a woman of these needs.

life isn't fair, and we are not all equal. But, you either remain cynical, or you're getting some.

So in other words, when she doesn't tear you a new one for taking time to yourself and not making everything about her?

Man relationships are one sided in terms of the effort put in..

Female 'romance' is the woman taking care of herself (hair, makeup, clothes .etc). Male romance is him taking care of her (dates, chocolates .etc)..

The largest amount of selfless effort put out by her is to stick her chest out and talk sexy when she sees a man she wants (most likely due to looks). Or buy him tools when she wants some time to herself. How romantic..
No offence man but do you actually know any women? I've known a few and this is about as far from my experience as you can get.

Latest posts

Back