What video game are you currently playing ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't play video games. Good way to mush your brain. I read books, play guitar, listen to music and watch documentaries.

Forgottendanfan said:
I don't play video games. Good way to mush your brain. I read books, play guitar, listen to music and watch documentaries.

If you don’t play video games, why even bother to comment? Especially if it’s going to be a snide remark like, “Good way to mush your brain.” 

As if all the gamers out there (myself included - at 49, I’ve spent a good chunk of my life being a gamer) are all a bunch of blithering morons. Since you read books, why not educate yourself and pick up a book on the benefits of gaming? There are many out there. 

Like everything in life, all in moderation. Don’t be so judgemental.

ringwood said:
Forgottendanfan said:

If you don’t play video games, why even bother to comment? Especially if it’s going to be a snide remark like, “Good way to mush your brain.” 

As if all the gamers out there (myself included - at 49, I’ve spent a good chunk of my life being a gamer) are all a bunch of blithering morons. Since you read books, why not educate yourself and pick up a book on the benefits of gaming? There are many out there. 

It did come across as a bit snotty, I apologise for that. Like you say, I guess moderation is key.

Currently, I'm going through Life is Strange 2. It has made me tear up twice by now. Hmph.

Some stuff on Blizzard and Steam but mostly Overwatch when I do play.

Anyone feel free to pm me if you want to hook up.

Civ 6 :)

My favorite Civ is Greece (Gorgo). The bonus culture for killing units means I get to rush Mysticism & Oracle.

Control.
Humankind
FIFA 21
Age of Empires II

Forgottendanfan said:
ringwood said:
Forgottendanfan said:

It did come across as a bit snotty, I apologise for that. Like you say, I guess moderation is key.

it's a hobby like any other. it's also a bit absolutist to suggest that gamers minds turn to mush. this isn't even offensive but amusingly shallow thinking.

What kind of books? Guitar? In a band? What music do you listen to and what documentaries? **** you Dan! Why aren't you a girl!

I don't mind computer games, but sometimes I just get ragey. I hate how some really fantastic games force you into player vs player scenarios that just totally bleeds the fun dry with all the exploitations and countless hours of gaming they have over you. At least I can't complain about my shitty internet anymore, though! Fank fook!

Mafia II: Joe's Adventure

I'm trying to get Joe to a million bucks.

The game play is great. The game goals fall a little short. There is nothing to do with the money except customize cars. You can't even buy a car. You have to steal them. It would have been nice if they'd let you buy houses. I could be a real estate tycoon. So I invent goals. Steal a city bus and ram a police car to see if I can escape. Find a sniper roost and take out pedestrians to see if the cops can stop me before I run out of ammo. There's the fast car police chase. The cops are pretty easy to lose... but that just makes getting caught more exciting.

I was born in the fifties so the retro city of Oyster Bay and the music is comfortable to me. Odd to relax by stealing cars and shooting people, but it's my happy place... um... virtually, of course.

I'm playing FFIX at the moment. Gradually making my way through older JRPGs that I was either too young to play at the time, didn't get to play as a kid or were a few years before I was born.

Screenshot (584).png

That and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 are my main picks next year for PS4. I only pray that Bloodlines doesn't disappoint.
I like that game a lot but Chinatown quests were extremely boring. I don't like games that make you to kill an army to complete a quest.

I used to like Bloodline many years ago. I wonder if a new one appears after all.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Not as good as Valhalla imho.
I was just thinking about Valhalla, I haven't gotten it yet as I was waiting for the prices to go down but I wonder if I should go for it now.

Also, I just finished playing A Plague Tale: Innocence. Waiting for the sequel to come out. 🙌

I tried playing Cyberpunk but my computer doesn't do well with it. 😅

I used to play a lot of video games. I tried getting back in to it but it's just not the same anymore.

Latest posts

Back