What video game are you currently playing ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played Minecraft on and off for years. It was fantastic. Building cities, large buildings, traveling to the Nether, exploring, etc. Then I realized that my playing times were increasing and increasing and it started to feel more like an impulse than a pleasure. So I uninstalled it for maybe two years. Then I re-installed it and began playing again. This time I played even better than before. I found things quicker, built buildings faster and taller and took care of monsters with even more brutal efficiency. Then I realized that my playing times were increasing and increasing and it started to feel more like an impulse than a pleasure. So I uninstalled it again. Then I wiped my hard drive by upgrading my OS, so I would now have to redownload the game and remember all of my sign-in information to get into that habit again. Hopefully, I won't. I've relegated myself to retro video game, since they mostly come woth built-in time limits. I still thoroughly enjoyed Minecraft, though, but not enough to make it a lifestyle.

I played so many games that almost no game excites me anymore.

That being said, I've been playing final fantasy 14 semi-regularly lately. It's not so bad for an mmorpg. It is a hard reccomend though since it only starts getting good the deeper you go into the story. The game rewards you for investing time into it.

I am currently playing what I’ve been playing for years now, Wordscapes. I mostly have to be harassed by ads and watch ads to get coins as I’m dumb but I somehow keep playing it… and a daily crossword game called Crossword (hard to find on App Store). It gives you just 8 words to find it’s ok for me as I’m so stupid. I still fail it at easy level but mostly pass it daily. Been playing it for about two years.
I also three days ago downloaded a game called Wordsmyth. You have to pay for it but I saw people online talking about it and I like word games so downloaded it. Basically it’s just Boggle you find as many words as you can a day.
I also have redownloaded a game called Wordstitch which I delete and reinstall losing progress. Annoying ads though. I usually just play and delete word games

link below of what I play
https://ibb.co/j4N0cKH
on steam I recently played some marble games

Forza 5 (PC)
Streets of Rage 4 (PC)
I miss Forza I haven’t played the franchise in so many years as console broke. I don’t like the Horizon series when I tried the first one. I didn’t know you can play online? How? I have tried in the past but can only find horizon 5 on steam.

I miss Forza I haven’t played the franchise in so many years as console broke. I don’t like the Horizon series when I tried the first one. I didn’t know you can play online? How? I have tried in the past but can only find horizon 5 on steam.

I never owned it myself but my friend has a couple of them and we used to play it sometimes. The thing that I always liked about Forza, as opposed to Gran Turismo, was that although Forza had fewer cars, it had more cars that you actually wanted to drive. With Gran Turismo, it seemed like there were a lot of random choices, and multiple versions of the same car, but I felt like they missed a lot of cool cars that I'd like to try.

I was particularly impressed with Forza's muscle car collection - they included a lot of cars that you don't see in video games that often.

What are your favorite cars in the game?

Last edited:
I never owned it myself but my friend has a couple of them and we used to play it sometimes. The thing that I always liked about Forza, as opposed to Gran Turismo, was that although Forza had fewer cars, it had more cars that you actually wanted to drive. With Gran Turismo, it seemed like there were a lot of random choices, and multiple versions of the same car, but I felt like they missed a lot of cool cars that I'd like to try.

I was particularly impressed with Forza's muscle car collection - they included a lot of cars that you don't see in video games that often.

What are your favorite cars in the game?
Been like 5 years since I played it So I don’t know. I played with any of them. Im not a car person but I loved racing games as a kid to mid 20’s. I liked gran turismo a lot as a child. First one was my favourite. I have tried it again as an adult but it feels kinda campy now lol

Been like 5 years since I played it So I don’t know. I played with any of them. Im not a car person but I loved racing games as a kid to mid 20’s. I liked gran turismo a lot as a child. First one was my favourite. I have tried it again as an adult but it feels kinda campy now lol

That's fair. Racing games can just be fun like that, even if you're not a car person. And maybe you can see the fun in all the cars, instead of being biased towards your favorites.

That's fair. Racing games can just be fun like that, even if you're not a car person. And maybe you can see the fun in all the cars, instead of being biased towards your favorites.
I wish I could play it again but I have no tv to play it on and cost to buy all the games is not something I can being unemployed. They were actually my stepfathers games. He used to be into it, that’s how I got into it. Although, I liked gran truisms as a kid from my brother.

Nioh 2 is kicking my butt. Can't finish. Stuck in a twilight level and the charm has worn off. Thought if I could finish Bloodborne I could Nioh but nah. A grind for serious players I guess.

Currently playing Jurassic Park Evolution 2 on the PS5. It's enjoyable, although lately I've gotten bored of playing nice and putting dinosaurs in appropriate pens and environments. I'm currently experimenting with running tour rides into pens housing nice, meat-eating dinosaurs like the Carnotaurus. I was hoping for mayhem and lots of animated blood and gore, and people madly running for their lives, and trucks getting tossed about like dinky toys, but meh. . . so far, nothing. The dinosaurs don't seem to care. Most disappointing.

I am eagerly counting down the days until Horizon: Forbidden West comes out. 28 days and counting - releases on February 18th. The 21st happens to be a holiday here in B.C. (Family Day), so I'm taking the 18th off from work and have cleared my busy schedule (o_O) in order to devote to a marathon gaming session.

Currently playing Jurassic Park Evolution 2 on the PS5. It's enjoyable, although lately I've gotten bored of playing nice and putting dinosaurs in appropriate pens and environments. I'm currently experimenting with running tour rides into pens housing nice, meat-eating dinosaurs like the Carnotaurus. I was hoping for mayhem and lots of animated blood and gore, and people madly running for their lives, and trucks getting tossed about like dinky toys, but meh. . . so far, nothing. The dinosaurs don't seem to care. Most disappointing.

I am eagerly counting down the days until Horizon: Forbidden West comes out. 28 days and counting - releases on February 18th. The 21st happens to be a holiday here in B.C. (Family Day), so I'm taking the 18th off from work and have cleared my busy schedule (o_O) in order to devote to a marathon gaming session.
Horizon is coming out soon! That sounds like a great plan, I hope you enjoy the game!

Castle Wolfenstein - you begin in the middle of a Nazi prison camp and have to escape. Still a good play today.

1644356137601.png

Last edited:
And the sequel where you sneak into Hitler's hideout, plant a bomb, and escape before you're either detected or the bomb goes off. I don't know how many times I played this when I was a kid. Here is the climax: entering Hitler's office with the bomb (guy to extreme right). Despite the graphics, this game also still holds up today.

1644355842541.png

Last edited:
Castle Wolfenstein - you begin in the middle of a Nazi prison camp and have to escape. Still a good play today.

View attachment 4186
I remember this game. There's something to be said for these old-school games. I agree - they stand the test of time. (Not sure if my 13-year old would agree with me on that though. . .) Do you remember the Ultima series?

Ultima.png

Oh yes, do I ever remember the Ultima series. They were probably my absolute favorite games. I bought Ultima II & III right off of store shelves when I was who knows how young (long before I could drive). Back then, you had to figure it all out by yourself. No one had posted "walk-throughs" and the Internet as it is today didn't exist. Somehow, I made it through everything on both of them. I think it took me a few months each. Plus, I was the only one I knew who had the games. Later, another kid in the neighborhood received Ultima III for Christmas and he invited me over to his house one day and then asked me to tell him how to get through the game. Here I thought he wanted to be my friend. As I walked through it, he kept saying "I can't believe you figured all this stuff out." Looking back, I don't know how I did, either. I think unlimited free time and having no life responsibilities whatsoever were the keys. I never heard from that guy again, so I knew where I stood. I'm pretty sure that I still have the Ultima II cloth map somewhere. I still wish I had the original boxed games.

1644360304761.png1644360327107.png

As an older lady with 3 high gaming boys, I have mostly only played single player games: Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Witcher, etc. But, about a year ago, they got me addicted to Sea of Thieves and I played for hours and hours and even bought a gaming laptop since my old Xbox One had crap load times and the Series X were darn near impossible to find at the time.
Since then, I've joined several discords and now play Dead by Daylight, too.
I still suck at PvP, but I enjoy learning and for the most part have only had a handful of toxic people in open world servers. :D :D

As an older lady with 3 high gaming boys, I have mostly only played single player games: Arkham Knight, Tomb Raider, Witcher, etc. But, about a year ago, they got me addicted to Sea of Thieves and I played for hours and hours and even bought a gaming laptop since my old Xbox One had crap load times and the Series X were darn near impossible to find at the time.
Since then, I've joined several discords and now play Dead by Daylight, too.
I still suck at PvP, but I enjoy learning and for the most part have only had a handful of toxic people in open world servers. :D :D
You played The Witcher? :love: all three games?
oh same here, prefer mostly single player games too.
PvP stresses me out to be honest so if I play multi player games I try to go for more co-op ones instead.

Latest posts

Back