what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81s91Bvl26L._AC_SY679_.jpg

Just watched 'DRAGONSLAYER' on the 65" curved screen, that old (1981) flick is pretty entertaining, and there's no political propaganda to deal with as found in modern movies. This is the first film I ever saw which showcased a dragon in medieval times... sure, earlier flicks had cheesy reptiles and fake-ass monsters which resembled dragons, but in this movie you had a bonafide, gen-yoo-wine medieval dragon wreaking havoc and tearing up the countryside, lol. And the scenery in the movie is fantastic, filmed on location in North Wales and on the Island of Skye... probably during the more pleasant months when weather wasn't a factor, aye? Some of the special effects were fairly cheesy compared to modern effects, but they were pretty good for that time, ya know? I really enjoyed this blast from the past, with dragons, sorcerers, fair damsels in distress, a goofy king, and even a bully or two, lol. Great entertainment, exactly what movies are supposed to be, unlike the modern political propaganda, pffffft. Give me the older films any day of the week... Cheers!!!   :)

Two movies, actually, the first was 'VERTICAL BULLSHIT'---er, I mean 'VERTICAL LIMIT' (an unintentional comedy of a mountaineering film), while the second was 'STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER.'

Let me address the climbing flick first. My friends & I saw this movie when it first came out, and we laughed at the ridiculous Hollywood Bullshit involved: pieces of hardware which mysteriously work themselves out of cracks, ice axes which mysteriously work themselves up out of secure placements, the unrealistic and severe loading of dynamic climbing ropes which actually WOULD have failed, the totally Hollywood leap made by one climber across a chasm, the whole nine yards of friggin' ridiculous Hollywood Bullshit, aye? 

So, I got to laugh at the same bullshit all over again, even though the movie was NOT meant to be a comedy. It reminded me of that cheesy 'CLIFFHANGER' flick, wherein harnesses mysteriously untied themselves, equipment failed when it suited the plot, etc. Remember the scene in that movie where Stallone uses a "bolt gun" to install bolts? A good friend of mine who's a heller 5.13+ climber asked me, "Do they actually HAVE those?" My reply: "Only in the Hollywood Mountain Shop!!!" Lol... total ******* Hollywood Bullshit, straight up, and nothing more. 

Okay, on to the 'STAR WARS' flick... I must admit, I have NOT watched all of these recent 'STAR WARS' films in the order in which they appeared, so there are times when I feel a bit lost where the story line is concerned. However, I muddle through, and it's all entertainment, so fresia it. This film was okay, it had decent special effects and all, so I enjoyed this more than the 'VERTICAL BULLSHIT' film, lol. Meh, WTF, they're both library DVDs so they didn't cost me a dime to check out, yeah? Good thing too, I wouldn't have paid for the 'climbing' flick, lol.

Anyway, that's my post, I just wanted to share those observations with alla youse HEROES at this website, lol. At this point in my life, I like a little entertainment on the 65" curved screen, but I gotta remind myself to generally stick with the older films, dating back to an era when movies were made solely for entertainment, not political propaganda purposes. Those older films are like solid gold, a good example would be the 'DRAGONSLAYER' flick I just watched recently... great movie, no PC bullshit or political propaganda whatsoever, AYE?

ALRIGHT, Y'ALL BE GOOD, I'M OFF TO MAKE DINNER & CRASH... MAYBE I'LL WATCH ONE MORE MOVIE, I BROUGHT A STACK OF DVDs HOME FROM THE LIBRARY, LOL. CHEERS!!!  :rolleyes:

First time, didn't regret it. It's a bit aged, but it had my attention all the way to end. Especially the end.

Q16hOVM.jpg

Latest posts

Back