what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A001-49th-Parallel.jpg

49th Parallel (1941)

A002-49th-Parallel-008-Eric-Portman-and-Richard-George.jpg

Eric Portman and Richard George

A003-49th-Parallel-019-Eric-Portman-Raymond-Lovell-Niall-Mac-Ginnis-Peter-Moore-John-Chandos-Basil-A.jpg

Eric Portman, Raymond Lovell, Niall MacGinnis, Peter Moore, John Chandos, Basil Appleby (no order)

49th Parallel (1941)

"A World War II U-boat crew are stranded in northern Canada. To avoid internment, they must make their way to the border and get into the still-neutral U.S."

Free streaming on Plex TV and Tubi

Crawl (2019)

A horror movie about being in a Flood Zone in Central Florida during a hurricane with alligators.

I had to watch it.

It was okay.
Starts off kinda slow.
Whole first half of the movie is difficult if you're from here because it takes place in a basement, and not really many houses around here have basements in part due to the water level factor.
Also, alligators are not that smart. They're definitely not dumb, but they're not particularly intelligent, either. Just earlier this year downtown actually, an 80 year old man had an alligator come up into his garage. The old man suffered one bite because he opened the door from the sound, mistaking the alligator for perhaps the pizza delivery guy who the old man had thought might've just came through the wrong door by mistake. His son, 40something in age, heard him scream and blasted the alligator off and out of him with a fire extinguisher. (They're reptiles and are cold-blooded so they like the heat and hate the cold, fire extinguishers are very cold, like get the fresia away from me level of cold). As for the old man, he was totally fine, made a full recovery in like 3 weeks with some scars.

I will however admit that there are some cool and creative shots in the movie.
As well as some sentimental and heartfelt moments in between character conversations.

The portrayal of the hurricane though?
That's totally accurate.

There's a particular shot where her dad measures the flood water they're stuck in with a tape measure and it's about a foot to two feet worth of water, which is pretty accurate for flood zone danger zone areas and why people are told to evacuate.

My sister got stuck in one once with my niece a couple years ago.
She lost nearly everything she owned, including her car, from flood damages.
Thankfully though, no alligators. 😂

See that's the other thing about this movie that's goofy:
By the time this came out in 2019, the large snake population in the Everglades had already began to overpower the alligator population.
I do hear more recently that that is reverting again.
However, I think that is as such in part due to a tremendous amount of wildlife control effort to do something about the snake population because it was becoming invasively problematic.

Crawl wasn't bad though.
I just didn't find it particularly scary.
There's some cringe moments, yeah, but it's not scary to me I guess because I see that kinda crap on the news pretty normally in my life.

A001-49th-Parallel.jpg

49th Parallel (1941)

A002-49th-Parallel-008-Eric-Portman-and-Richard-George.jpg

Eric Portman and Richard George

A003-49th-Parallel-019-Eric-Portman-Raymond-Lovell-Niall-Mac-Ginnis-Peter-Moore-John-Chandos-Basil-A.jpg

Eric Portman, Raymond Lovell, Niall MacGinnis, Peter Moore, John Chandos, Basil Appleby (no order)

49th Parallel (1941)

"A World War II U-boat crew are stranded in northern Canada. To avoid internment, they must make their way to the border and get into the still-neutral U.S."

Free streaming on Plex TV and Tubi
What! No way, I saw this movie yesterday for the first time.

MELM7F5_o.jpg

La meute (2010)

MELM7IR_o.jpg

Georges Lini, Philippe Résimont, Brice Fournier, Benjamin Biolay

MELM7M4_o.jpg

Philippe Nahon

Anatomy of a Psycho (1961)

MELSHJ4_o.jpg

Pamela Lincoln - Michael Granger - Russ Bender

MELSHJU_o.jpg

Did I just walk through that shot with my tongue hanging out?

Latest posts

Back