what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HqTX0xz7_o.jpg

Terrifier (2011)

The House That Jack Built

I actually really enjoyed it. It starts slow, but it picks up pretty well, and what it turns into I loved.

1678834221731.png

Very boring, it skipped over and downplayed so much stuff. If I was the type of person to return bad movies I would bring it back to Walmart and ask for a refund.

Babylon.

It wasn't bad, but it was long.
It's fairly accurate about the silent film era.
A solid period piece, my only complaint is that they use modern lingo instead of time period lingo.
People back then didn't talk the way we do now.
It was much more tongue-in-cheek and indirect.
Although some of that did come through later in the film.
If I hadn't read into the middle 1800's and and early 1900's in my teens I'd probably be more shocked than I am.
I already knew it was like that though. 🤷‍♂️
Regardless, I appreciate the amount of detail that did go into making that film.

After The Dark/The Philosophers (2013)

The first half of it was awesome. I was kind of into it. I was like "awesome, a movie that makes me think." And then, the second half, I see why it ended up getting mediocre reviews. The second half was just disappointing. The plot plateaued, and then fell flat with a simple and cliche ending.

Baba Yaga (2020)

It's alright.
It's basically Stephen King's IT, except Baba Yaga has been around a Hell of a lot longer than Pennywise, and was probably a very large inspiration for Pennywise. Koschei didn't even make an appearance, which was what I was kinda hoping for. I'll take it though. I'll remember that for when I wanna watch IT next, but I don't have 3+ hours.

Cabin Fever (2002)

Welp, I wanted to get a start on all these dang cabin horror movies, deciding to start with the last one I remember. Coincidentally is also the first one of like, 6 or 7? If you include the sequel, prequel, both remakes, and the Swedish remake version.

It wasn't bad though. Actually kind of plausible. I've seen it before, just it's been so long that I forgot that I'd seen it before.

Last night I watched “Meander”. A woman hitchhiker is picked up and awakens in an elaborate tunnel system where she has to overcome various traps to survive. It was rubbish.

Latest posts

Back