what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
il_570xN.565609919_c7g7.jpg

Annihilation. I'm unfamiliar with the novel so I can't compare. I had no real idea what it was actually about. It was darker than I expected. Even unsettling at times. Which is partly why I liked it.

Seosa said:
[img=713x410]http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/last-jedi-poster-tall.jpg[/img]

I know it divided opinion, but I loved it. Of the 3 new Star Wars movies so far, this is the best for me, with Rogue One second above The Force Awakens. I just hope Abrams does a good job on Episode 9 without adhering to the need to implement any kind of socio-political agenda.

For the record, I actually bought this on Blu-Ray last Tuesday but posted the above before I got round to watching it again. The post above reflects my viewing of it in the cinema in December. Watching it again on Blu-Ray on Saturday night reinforced my feelings about the film. Admittedly the Canto Bight stuff is a low point but I genuinely love the film.

athelas88 said:
ladyforsaken said:
I saw this too. Anyone who wants to watch this in the cinema, get the seat closest to screen okay? hehehe  :p

Lol, I watched it in the cinema and the whole row basically jolted and shook at the same time I did, each time. I absolutely hate jumpscares through sound effects but they were somewhat appropriate in this movie. Just a bit annoying, lol. I thought it was an okay movie, nonetheless.

Seosa said:
[quote pid='873627' dateline='1523719857']

I know it divided opinion, but I loved it. Of the 3 new Star Wars movies so far, this is the best for me, with Rogue One second above The Force Awakens. I just hope Abrams does a good job on Episode 9 without adhering to the need to implement any kind of socio-political agenda.

For the record, I actually bought this on Blu-Ray last Tuesday but posted the above before I got round to watching it again. The post above reflects my viewing of it in the cinema in December. Watching it again on Blu-Ray on Saturday night reinforced my feelings about the film. Admittedly the Canto Bight stuff is a low point but I genuinely love the film.
[/quote]

Just a quick addendum; can we all agree to nominate Flying Leia as one of the most ridiculous scenes in movie history? lol.
Forget context, forget everything, just the look of the scene...I have trouble believing a guy in a production booth looked at it and said "that doesn't look stupid at all" lol.

Anyways, I don't know how to post images here, but I saw Ready Player One this weekend. THAT was great. Good 80's popcorn flick if I ever saw one, reminded me of the days I loved about the movies, where you didn't pick A movie to see, you went to see one and were pissed off not to have enough money to see all the other ones lol.

Richard_39 said:
Just a quick addendum; can we all agree to nominate Flying Leia as one of the most ridiculous scenes in movie history? lol.
Forget context, forget everything, just the look of the scene...I have trouble believing a guy in a production booth looked at it and said "that doesn't look stupid at all" lol.

Honestly, I understand why people don't like it, but when I saw that in the cinema I lost my mind. Simply because I don't see some ridiculous, Mary Poppins-esque moment, I see Leia using the force, and that for me is special.

Seosa said:
Richard_39 said:

Honestly, I understand why people don't like it, but when I saw that in the cinema I lost my mind. Simply because I don't see some ridiculous, Mary Poppins-esque moment, I see Leia using the force, and that for me is special.

LOL True, I understand and respect that. I kind of tried to get over it too when I saw it in the theater, that's the first moment where I was actually thrown out of the movie and realized I was in a room with loads of people, which means I'm not enjoying what I'm seeing. But you know, bought it on dvd so my kids could see it and when I watched it with my 9 year old, she saw that scene and goes "Dad...why is she flying?" I replied "She's not, she's using the force...somehow". She goes "Well...it looks stupid" lol! Though, I'll admit, I think this scene ties it close with the "swinging monkeys Tarzan" scene from Indy 4....

My oldest hasn't seen it yet, we will this weekend, I'm curious to see what she thinks. I personally think there should only have been 3 movies and that it, this is kind of like the prequels all over again, but you know, cool for those who liked it. It's not a bad movie though, far from it. For the record, didn't trip on Rogue One either lol. Though it is objectively better.

athelas88 said:

Most depressing ending to a superhero movie ever. Even the whole funeral scene for big blue in BvS wasn't as sad and depressing as the ending to Infinity War.

Sci-Fi said:
Most depressing ending to a superhero movie ever. Even the whole funeral scene for big blue in BvS wasn't as sad and depressing as the ending to Infinity War.

I feel you on this. Bleh.

ladyforsaken said:
Sci-Fi said:
Most depressing ending to a superhero movie ever.  Even the whole funeral scene for big blue in BvS wasn't as sad and depressing as the ending to Infinity War.

I feel you on this. Bleh.

*spoiler alert*

I hate superhero movies and I hated this one (got dragged to it) but I thought the ending a little better than a generic outcome of the good guys just winning.

Latest posts

Back