what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1640645492999.png1640645522214.png
The last 2 movies I've thrust into my brain. "Cruella" was okay, neither great nor awful, but "Rear Window" is a bloody masterpiece that I've watched about 10 times now, including at least once in a theater.

We had just watched a pretty intense, and fantastic, 4-hour documentary about reforms in Saudi Arabia, so we needed to follow it up with something a little lighter, such as:

1640876829434.png
I can't say that I loved it, though it was entertaining enough and had some interesting cameos. If nothing else, it was interesting to see how they handled special effects without any CG (the movie came out in 1981). It's dated, but it provided an hour and a half of dumb fun following some pretty heavy material.

The fourth Matrix movie. Spent a lot of money ($5 for bottle water!!), and it was pretty bad. On the flip side I was hanging with a childhood friend that I don't see very often, so that was nice. Back to Youtube and the Roku channel for me.

graphic.jpg

Yesterday, I attempted to watch The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard.

A sequel to the previous movie, The Hitman's Bodguard, but with less than half the charm.

Ryan Reynolds stars, Samual Jackson, and Sam's Heyak, should provide comedy, swearing, and boobs. You'll have to dig deep for the comedy. Even the swearing is marginal. As for boobs, Heyak still has a fantastic pair, that somehow become overbearing within this film. You will eventually want her to put them away.

Reynolds plays Reynolds, only perhaps without any enthusiasm. The remaining cast perform akin to either being high on lsd, or possibly taking the piss out of the director. Either way, it's just plain awful.

The movie itself, consists of lengthy slow-mo fight scenes, lots of fast paced action stunts, all linked by the awful acting. Verious European countries are used as the backdrop, with no apparent reason.

I withstood the torture for around an hour, then scanned through to the end. It was a magnanimous steaming pile of shite, squeezed out from a heroin addict's anus, having been buggered by horny dinosaur: which would have been infinitely more interesting to watch!

Avoid.

I watched First Reformed (2017) about a priest having a spiritual crisis. Interesting.

I also watched Jane Eyre (2011) yesterday which was okay but obviously you gotta read the book (multiple times).

Aquarium of the Dead.
God, what an awful movie.
Zombie fish, and other aquatic animals, that figure out how to survive without water, and start hunting people. There's even a character who dies from a starfish.🤦‍♂️😂

Latest posts

Back