what was the last movie you saw?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Matrix Resurrections. So good.

The last one, right? It's my last movie too. What a waste of how many minutes was it? lol they should've stopped at 3. I didn't listen to others who told me it's a waste of time. It is. Not even keanu could save it.

^ Excited about Dune. Hope it's good.

I didn't finish this yet because the music seemed distracting at times, so I'm not sure I gave it a fair shot.

1643427698036.png

Master-of-Horror-1965.jpg

Apocalypto.
It's pretty, but it's mostly a love story set in Mayan civilization, rather than being about Mayan civilization. It wasn't bad, just not what I thought it was going to be, either. It is visually beautiful though, obviously graphic at times.

Antrum.
It wasn't bad if you're into budget found film occult horror.
Even the opening credits have some puns to them, it's actually a really well made piece if you can catch all the artsy detail work that went into it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2393845/

Kill Me 3 Times (2014)

An Australian production starting British comedy filmmaker Simon Pegg, playing a mafia styled hitman. Set in the dismissed beachy suburbs of Oz, it looks and feels very much like the tv show Home & Away. The cast may well have appeared in this show, if not, I can only assume there is a drama college where mass manufactured bland acting is honed. Emphasis upon looking constantly perplexed, whilst making every sentence seem like it could be a question?

I stuck with the movie for around 30 minutes. That was probably 25 minutes too long. The characters are thin one dimensional things, and as such, there is not association or empathy for any of them. I just wanted them to die, quickly and horribly, in real life too.

After 30 minutes, all the Oz cliches had been played, and it the typical jingoistic misogyny ensued. Bizarrely, with no actual thought to allowing the viewer know WTF was going on.

Perhaps somewhere in a very sheltered suburbia, a shy 11 year old, found it a bit naughty, and watched it because of Simon Pegg was in it.

I however, cannot think of a single reason to watch this film. It is awful. An not just plain old awful. No, everything is bad. Everything!

Even Simon Pegg, somehow managed to be utterly unengaging. You want him to die too.

Latest posts

Back