What would it take to make you happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Ymir, I know you can make those things happen. Cheering for you when they start happening, too!

Jazzbird, you can make it happen! I know you can!

Triple Bogey, haha, oh yes, that lottery win! I enter it every week! What would you do if one day those numbers all match up?
I hope that happens for you! Best of luck on the golf too, and it will be easy for you to find a woman who likes you!

LonelySutton - That's a really great list. You can get all 6, I know you can!

Mr.YellowCat - lol, you can find that with no problem, I'm sure!

Nicolelt - I agree with you so much. Some towns are really inspiring, something about them, their people and architecture. I hope you find one that you're really excited about and love!

Ladyforsaken - I know what you mean about planning for your future. I have a need to do that, too. I hope so much that you find a job you enjoy and soon!

Case - Hahaha! Now Case, when you achieve world domination, that might cut into quite a bit of the time you'll have for those 2 different women!
Smiley24.gif

Painter's Radio - You don't really mean that, do you, Painter's Radio?

Outcast - I hope you get that job at AB and of course you can find someone to share your life with. It's not too much to ask at all!

Littlesecret - I completely agree. I have often longed to be completely accepted for who I am, loved unconditionally, etc. And absolutely, to know what direction your life is taking and be happy with who you are. I know that's already happening for you! And you will achieve those things, I know you will.

Rosewood - there are so many people in the world who long for exactly what you have to give. It's great that most days you are happy!

Rodent - Is that because they trouble you at times and you sort of wish they didn't, Rodent? Those are interesting wishes.

VeganAtheist - Your wishes are really beautiful. Lately in my own goals I keep remembering what someone told me: "Aim for the moon, you may hit the trees!" (It gave me incentive to aim for the moon.)

Tealeaf - beautifully said. I know what you mean about dishonest, self-serving treatment. As a sensitive soul, it is a lot of the reason I am currently alone. I hope we both find good, caring, honest people who have the capacity to appreciate fun and who are respectful.

Peaches - You are a beautiful, caring person. It's so easy to see that. Can you care for an entire world? Because i can't think of anyone who wouldn't love you to pieces if they knew you!

Rosebolt - That is such a worthy goal! Every day in every way. Do you have any favourite books for that? I love Anthony Robbins' books.
"Awaken the Giant Within" is a great one.

Gravely - I feel the same way, Gravely. Just a nice, peaceful way forward with a bit of security and contentment would be great. I know you can do it.

Alyvamp - I know you can get that mindset, Alyvamp.

Johnny196775 - That's ok, Johnny. Sometimes it's awesome just to "be".
I hope you're having a good week!

Imagine if we were all sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows and hotdogs, brainstorming and talking about all these things. Ok, so here we are at our campfire:

campfire.jpg

Thank you guys so much for your great replies. Hugs to all.

^I like that campfire idea! Also, wow you coloured everyone and I love my colour (even if it's not my favourite colour I still like that shade). :D
Anywho, good luck, you. *hugs*

Ruthie said:
Littlesecret - I completely agree. I have often longed to be completely accepted for who I am, loved unconditionally, etc. And absolutely, to know what direction your life is taking and be happy with who you are. I know that's already happening for you! And you will achieve those things, I know you will.

Aww this was a very sweet reply Ruthie, thank you for your faith in me and in return I have faith in you also. I wish you the best :) also let me know when this campfire is!

No I don't really mean it I'm just negatively silly most of the time. Making light out of darkness, like a wizard. Or a guy with a lighter.

I think really it's hard to say what would make me "happy" as I believe I will always have some layer of sadness about me but I can say what would make me "happier than I am now", and that would be to be more proud of myself, to spend my time doing more productive things and to be successful in what I do, sticking at it for a long period of time instead of flaking out all the time. Balancing work and leisure. Growing up.

I would also like to (*surprise surprise, guy on a loneliness forum*) enter a new relationship with someone. I'm not desperate for it, it's not my number 1 goal right now and I need to do a couple of things first but I'm thinking about it. I do miss the adventure. But first I need to figure out in my head what I actually want and where I stand on relationships. I've become quite jaded from past experiences but I don't feel so bitter about them anymore, more the fact that I'm not sure if we, as humans, are even supposed to have these long term relationships with each other. Whether it's healthy for us, whether it's natural. If I did enter one of course I would respect it and not harm or soil it in any way, I'm just not sure what's the best thing for me. Previous breakups, I believe, have contributed a huge deal to the depression in my life, and I don't know if I could ever go through another one. I guess we all feel like that, but really, I can't.

Oh and season 5 of Game of Thrones.

Ruthie said:
Vegist - Your wishes are really beautiful. Lately in my own goals I keep remembering what someone told me: "Aim for the moon, you may hit the trees!" (It gave me incentive to aim for the moon.)

That reminds me of a song. It has the lyric "Somebody told me to aim for the stars cause even if you miss you'll still be amongst the stars". The rest of the song isn't as applicable given that the song is called "Blame it on the Jager".

If you think too hard about it, the quote really doesn't make sense given that stars (plural) are so far away, rendering the quote useless (Alpha Centuri, the closest star system, is 4.3650 light years away). But taken at a glance, it is a nice quote.

My unrealistic wishes are foolish at best. Ah... Foolish, unrequited love. But alas, the heart wants what the heart wants, even if it isn't good for you. I'd give my left testicle for it to come true, though. Yes, the left one.

Depression to go away would be helpful, i guess. 8 years of it is pretty shitty tbh.

1. Make some friends that lives in my area.
2. Heal from the abuse that I've been through.
3. I wish my mother and I would get along better. =(

WallflowerGirl83 said:
1. Make some friends that live in my area.
2. Settle somewhere finally, also mentally.
3. Find a job I'd love entirely.

Thank you so much, Ladyforsaken. What is your favourite colour, btw? Your posts are always great and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! (((hugs)))

Thank you immensely for your kind words, Littlesecret! They mean a lot, and we should all have that campfire get-together at least a couple of times each year (even if they have to be virtual ;)) (((hugs)))

I like and appreciate your sense of humour, Painter's Radio, and also your depth. I understand so much about 'always have some layer of sadness about me'. Wow, well put. I'm sure you lack the capacity to do those things you mentioned. I know what you mean about the new relationship with someone. I feel similarly, Painter's, but it's not a priority for me either. I'd be happy just to have a few good friends to wave to occasionally. Lol. I'm sorry you had those bad experiences. Life can be so disappointing and painful, can't it? I know what you mean about the long term relationships. I think the world is fast and furious and hardly gives us time to think. I'd have far preferred a gentler, more subdued time to be on earth.
I'm so sorry about the previous breakups contributing to your depression. Thank goodness we have people here to talk to, and get to know. I'm so grateful for that. I know it's not the same thing, Painter's, but it's still like a hand to hold through a dark tunnel.
Thank you so much for your wonderful replies to my post.

Vegist, I'm so sorry you're missing her so much. I know how it is. A wise man said to me once: "Time, the great healer." So true. ((((hugs)))) I know it will get better for you and you'll get past this in a marvelous way. Please know you're appreciated and valued here. I've seen your beautiful pictures (saw them just yesterday), and they were so uplifting to see! Thank you for posting those. You're not alone. Not at all. You have all of us here. It's all going to be alright.

I'm sorry about the depression, PieBeNice, but it's so nice to have this wonderful forum to come to and talk in, isn't it?

WallFlowergirl83, I'm so sorry you have ever been through abuse of any kind. ((((hugs)))) I hope you make some very good, true friends soon! I will share in your joy when you do!

Stuff4096, don't get discouraged about finding your soul mate. I can tell you things happen in the most bizarre ways - fact is indeed stranger than fiction.

Silver Birch Leaves, wishing you the best at finding great friends, and a job you'd love. Thank you for replying and wishing you and everyone here the best!

Aww thank you! You're so sweet, hope you have a wonderful weekend yourself! *hugs* :)
Oh my favourite colour is red and black - together. :D

Groovy thread!

*pulls up log around the campfire*
*grabs stick with alternating hot-dogs and marshmallows*
*roasts food with one hand - stokes chin with the other*

Hmmm...what would make me happy? I'm not greedy:

- Not having to spend all of today worrying about tomorrow (work-wise...)
- Being a better person
- Lose some more weight
- A woman who may not be much on paper - but is awesome in real life
^^ who appreciates the same in me
- A few good drankin' buddies

The rest is easy

If I was a bit more financially secure that would certainly help a bit.

Otherwise I'm working on the being happy from the inside approach.

For the aliens coming to take me away :p

Seriously though, I am just drifting through life. It would be nice to find someone to drift with if I am never to find something that inspires me enough to do more than just drift. I'll take both, but I'd like to find that someone first because I imagine that is where some of the inspiration will come from.

a significant other that I respect and who is really into me

a small circle of friends

enough money to travel a bit and practice the arts without having to work too much

a bit of health to be able to enjoy the above

I wouldn't call myself "unhappy" but a few things that would add more joy/happiness to my life:

-A hobby that I don't lose interest in within a week

-More money would be nice - to support my new hobby :p lol

-Not working so much so I can have more time with my kid - and my new hobby? :D

-A significant other than is kind and GENUINE and actually LIKES me. :cool:

-More vacation time (maybe to spend on my new hobby, which I was able to do because of more money? :p )

Oh hell...just give me lots of money. LOL, that would handle the hobby, the time away from work (for kid and hobby) and the vacation time. :p

Latest posts

Back