What would it take to make you happy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be left alone with all the means to live my life without financial & health issues...

To be in control of my own emotions, not controlled by others. I hate feeling happy and high when people seem to like me, and plunging into deep despair when someone says something I perceive as negative. I don't expect to be happy all the time. I just want to make my own decisions about when I'm happy and when I'm not, and I would like that to be based on logical, legitimate occurrences, not my crazy perceptions.

There are times when you have to "fall back on the truth" and this appears to be one of them. When I look at my past and where my life is now, I believe that I'm not "hard wired" for happiness. I see myself as superficial and feckless. If there were times when I could have taken a path that would have led to happiness, I either didn't take it or I took the wrong path. I am my own worst enemy; if a relationship can be poisoned, I will poison it. Unfortunately, there are people who, because of what they are, can never have an expectation of happiness. I am one of those people. The English have a saying: "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, learn to live with it." My task now is acceptance...acceptance of what I am.

From my experience it surprises me just how many people "don't know" when asked this question, either they're not thinking hard enough or they may feel vulnerable telling.

I lothe people that say "nothing" makes them happy. That's impossible.

Being able to be myself.
Being around people I love and care about, who also appreciate me.

- Health for my family members, particularly my Grandma and my dog.

- Skill at the things I actually care about.

- An answer to what I can do with my life, and how I can be successful.

- Figuring out how I can get a relationship with any of the girls I'd like to share life with.

- About $5 million.

I can think of one thing that could make me happy but I'll never get that, so I might as well forget about it.

Being able to focus, concentrate and achieve. Being able to make my family and those around me happy would make me exceedingly happy. Reaching the goals I've set for myself would make me happy too. And cuddles and cookies. Those make me very happy.

I think I would be a lot happier if I didnt worry and over think things so much, I would love to have my own little family, husband, couple of kids and a dog and it would be nice to have enough money to really enjoy life, not having to worry about any bills, having the money to go anywhere I want and do anything I want.

Peaceful, content and blissful state of mind. Many things can give me that, I hope.

I'd like to get preggie again. That would be lovely. Have to wait til I'm well again, though.

HoodedMonk said:
Mouse said:
I'd like to get preggie again. That would be lovely. Have to wait til I'm well again, though.

Uh. Okay.

Why would you comment like that? I want another child which is a mother's right. I don't see that would be a problem except medically I'd have to be careful as am diabetic now. Maybe in a few year's time, but yes that is my desire. :)

Latest posts

Back